Ex-UFC Heavyweight Contender Brendan Schaub's comedy set reviews started pouring ...

Well I don't really like Rogan's act.. after 20 or more years in the business and that is his best, ish not my thing. He is way better at podcasting / commentating.
Saw the latest from Callen too I like it more but still nothing special, guess they all have their audience.

Saw Schaub's and for 3 years it's not atrocious yet not something you must see in fact he should have waited a few more years before doing a special but I think he did it so he can retire this jokes with the UFC and whatnot that tel his story.
His 'comedy' is more about telling stories and recent-ish events spiced up for the act.. it's not worth a 1 or 2 like those reviewers say but it's nothing special either that you need to recommend to others, in fact if you don't know who he is from MMA and podcasts like seriously you will just waste your time, 0 laughs will be had.

All this guys are better at podcasts, interacting with each other then their comedy routines.

Last note in case Brendan or his brother will ever read this stop with those skinny pants, you are grown men and are large it's not a good luck, silly ass shoes and tight pants on a 6'4 250 lbs dude look ridiculous.

With that said I'm a fan of the fight companion podcast and some of those fighter and the kid ones or Brendan solo.. when you got shit to do and want something in the background that is silly and lowbrow then it's a valid choice.

2ddr0ul.gif

This. Even Brendan Schaub's natural funniness is better than Rogan's. I don't think Rogan has made me laugh once, not from his comedy and not from his podcast. Schaub despite how dumb he is does have "talent" for silly humor and good one line deliveries that's hilarious amongst guys. He's definitely had me in stitches a bunch more times compared to Callen or Rogan's played out shit. Callen being slightly better than Rogan because he can actually set people up and engage is some banter.

However, Rogan does seem to get more goodwill from betas and losers who don't know what good locker-room humor or banter amongst bros is about.. maybe it's because he's so short..

Schaub has a sick stalker-esque group of losers online who do everything to smear anything he does at any opportunity. Sometimes he's cringe and retarded, but he rarely pretends otherwise. He knows his lane is being a silly goof, and that shtick certainly is more entertaining than just being a plain shitty comic with zero natural talent for comedy like Joe Rogan.

Anyone who's actually had cool friends growing up, been in team sports etc etc all understand and appreciate Brendan's humor. Deadbeat nerds who avoided the school cafeteria during lunch don't get that type of humor, given that they're too serious and angry at the world..
He knows his lane?

If he knew his lane he wouldn't be a stand up comedian let alone one releasing a special

TS should put this in the original post

It’s like a six minute clip from his special.

Presumably this is what the producers thought was the funniest segment

I really wish this guy had kept fighting

He knows his lane?

If he knew his lane he wouldn't be a stand up comedian let alone one releasing a special
I really can't believe people in the business are still throwing money at this guy.

Rogan is alpha so you laugh at his joke because you want him to think you're cool. That's what I do I but don't need validation from Schaub though.
Breh, alphas don't care if you laugh at their jokes (i read that somewhere).

I dont like Schaubs comedy, I dont get the point of that podcast he had/has with Callen (is it supposed to be funny?). So I dont listen to it.

Comedy is subjective and among the least funny people are the ones who focus on the negative and who thinks they have some kind of authorithy on what is and isnt funny. If you dont like something dont watch it. I dont think Schaubs special(or anybody you dont like) being successful affects you in any way unless you make a thing out of caring.
Focus on the things you do enjoy

I dont like Schaubs comedy, I dont get the point of that podcast he had/has with Callen (is it supposed to be funny?). So I dont listen to it.

Comedy is subjective and among the least funny people are the ones who focus on the negative and who thinks they have some kind of authorithy on what is and isnt funny. If you dont like something dont watch it. I dont think Schaubs special(or anybody you dont like) being successful affects you in any way unless you make a thing out of caring.
Focus on the things you do enjoy
Why don't YOU focus on the things YOU enjoy.

sounds like a bunch of jealous shertards made IMDB account

if brendan is so bad, please explain how he has become the most successful comic in just under three years

has he really? he has the podcast but then again,who tf doesnt. That has zero to do with comedy.

This showtime special is basically the first time we are seeing him. Hes talked about his standup on Rogan for 2 years but unlike all other comics where was ANY yt videos of him doing clubs?
I mean tell me,what is this big comic career you speak of?
He has merch., podcast and various sh1t to do with his podcast but ACTUAL comedy career and being funny on stage...? This special is the first push. And he buuurned it to the ground and then some.
And mind you, i like him,hes kind and seems fun to be around. But no sense for comedy. Whats worse is having Rogan for mentor. Rogan might have put him on the right path when he convinced him +o stop fighting. But standup ,..man...wrong one for advice.

Last edited:
TS should put this in the original post

It’s like a six minute clip from his special.

Presumably this is what the producers thought was the funniest segment

I really wish this guy had kept fighting

I don't really know anything about the guy, never seen anything he's done outside the octagon, and I watched the whole thing to give the guy a chance. This was awful. It's just a story, and not an entertaining one. There are no jokes. No setup and eventual payoff. And, like you said, someone thought highly enough of this bit to animate it to promote the special. Wow.

If you want to experience true comedy, click this link and read the comments about Vince Neil's live vocals:

Rogan is an atrocious comic as well. I’m talking no talent for it whatsoever. Zero clue how he doesn’t get those same kind of reviews.

He's built a very loyal following that will support him no matter what he does. I mean, people actually buy Alpha Brain and spend ridiculous amounts of money on kettlebells with chimp faces on them. These people are prepared to praise him for anything he does. I used to post on Rogan's message board when it was still going and over there, you saw what kind of cult he actually has going. It's bizarre.

Schaub and Rogan both have moments where they're organically funny in conversation and that's why I still listen to them but as a comic, Rogan is by far the worst big name I've ever seen. Not just bad either, it's that cringing facepalm second-hand embarrassment type shit.

Haven't watched Schaub's special and I doubt I will, the promo clips were bad enough. I wish him well though, more so than I do for Rogan. Schaub actually speaks out on the corruption in the UFC and seems to genuinely give a shit. Rogan is a moron who blindly follows whoever the smartest person in the room is at any given moment, he just happens to have a talent for conversation. It's not easy to keep a dialogue going for hours without awkward moments, pauses, a lack of enthusiasm, etc. As far as I can tell though, that's literally his only skill.

if brendan is so bad, please explain how he has become the most successful comic in just under three years

The most succesful comic? Compared to who?

As for the explanation, all his success is due to Rogan and Callen pushing him hard past all the people who've actually earned it. Schaub has friends in the highest places when it comes to L.A. comedy scene. He'd be nothing without his father figures giving him shortcuts and passes.

Rogan is an atrocious comic as well. I’m talking no talent for it whatsoever. Zero clue how he doesn’t get those same kind of reviews.
Thank you!
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks this.
I got into with some coworkers the other day explaining why I didn’t find Rogan funny....they were too enamored with his over the top forced yelling and “Smart bro” comedy.
Can only imagine how terrible schaub is.

Not for me.

I turned it on last night,
and i lasted three minutes.

He made a joke that Jamal the hairdresser was asian.
The punchline is Schaub making a cringe face.

Turned it off.

Dude is way too self absorbed, and the intro his him dressing up like a chick to go see himself perform

The most succesful comic? Compared to who?

As for the explanation, all his success is due to Rogan and Callen pushing him hard past all the people who've actually earned it. Schaub has friends in the highest places when it comes to L.A. comedy scene. He'd be nothing without his father figures giving him shortcuts and passes.
I have a good friend who is cutting teeth in the LA comedy scene right now, and he says that Schaub is a big fuckin joke.
Completely getting by on being friends with Rogan. Gets unearned time slots and people jerking him off because they want in the circle of older comedians.

Bill Burr is actually funny but that's because he is being himself and it comes across as genuine. Shrub comes across as a try hard. Honestly I feel bad for Shrub. Don't care for his or Rogan's ill-informed hot takes but yeah... as he would say yikes.

Bill burr is usually just mocking fat people.
It has worn off.

Back