Ex-UFC Heavyweight Contender Brendan Schaub's comedy set reviews started pouring ...

I'm surprised he got this far in his post-UFC career.

what? are you serious? lol wow. i guess i don't understand today's humor.

Maybe by "exceeded expectations' they mean "everybody tuned in because they were curious and many people are talking about it now" and not really that it was good in terms of comedy :)

Shaub also appears to be a homosexual .. saw a clip of his disturbing comedy on how he masturbates to hulk hogan ... he’s disgusting

Rogan is an atrocious comic as well. I’m talking no talent for it whatsoever. Zero clue how he doesn’t get those same kind of reviews.
Love his Podcast but have to agree with this.

Ironically, I find Schaub far funnier on the podcasts than I do Rogan, ofcourse Callen helps to make that happen for Schaub as Callen is good to bounce off of or do a silly acting scene..

I've not seen Schaubs special yet even though I've read a ton of the reviews, but I am guessing Schaub is far worse than Rogan on stage, but man Rogan on the podcast is so serious, the main time Rogan makes me laugh is when he is laughing and not being as serious (ala Alex Jones podcasts with Rogan)

Maybe by "exceeded expectations' they mean "everybody tuned in because they were curious and many people are talking about it now" and not really that it was good in terms of comedy :)

that makes more sense haha.

KoYmo0p.jpg

<{you!}>

what? are you serious? lol wow. i guess i don't understand today's humor.
In fairness, thats more about viewership than the viewerships' opinions. If you attract eyeballs, you're valuable.

Schaub befriended Joe Rogan and Callen wanting to take the fast track

And coincidentally that there rhymes with laugh track lol
That does not rhyme. Fast and laugh do not rhyme. Track and track are the same word. Nothing rhymes

Love his Podcast but have to agree with this.
I remember a distinct clip from one of Rogan's comedy sets where he basically just went on and on about how Brock Lesnar could fuck him and everyone in the audience and nobody could do anything about it.

I would describe the crowd's reaction somewhere along the lines of cringe and pure disgust

It's always so funny when I run into someone on Sherdog that gauges their post by it's like count. I guess if I link you to thousands of positive reviews of Rogan's comedy I win right?

Sherdog loves to bag on Rogan. Of course you're going to get likes for it .
His name is @275others His whole life is about getting likes on Sherdog.

2.9 isn't a problem. The Bachelor is 3.1 and gets renewed every year. It's been on for 23 seasons.

Schaub is funny when he is making fun of himself. He DOES have some talent for that, absolutely. It's when he tries to make fun of other people and sound intelligent about it where it goes to shit. MJ joke is the perfect example.

Rogan is funny but not Bill Burr or Louis CK funny. Know what I mean? Especially when he isn't in Kinison mode. He needs to cool with the shouting.

I'm surprised he got this far in his post-UFC career.
me too. Honestly I don't really get his appeal but I'm happy for anyone that can find success after a career in fighting. Good for Schaub. He has come a long ways since that podcast where Joe laid the hard truth on him.

Rogan is funny but not Bill Burr or Louis CK funny. Know what I mean? Especially when he isn't in Kinison mode. He needs to cool with the shouting.
I never laughed at a single Rogan but but saw his most recent special (whichever one was in 2018) and surprisingly I thought it was not bad. I never associated Rogan with stand up. Maybe that's why I've never thought of him as that funny. I knew who was first from Fear Factor, then the UFC commentary/martial arts world, then I found out he was a comic, and then I knew him as a podcaster. To me out of those 4 areas his comedy is by far my least favorite things he does.

Brendan made me laugh way more when he was still fighting.

I couldn't believe how bad it actually was. There was something very tragic about the lies he told, like he's revising his own history. It's surprising that someone like Joey didn't tell him he's nowhere near ready.

Back