1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

Ex-UFC Heavyweight Contender Brendan Schaub's comedy set reviews started pouring ...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Psychedelic, May 18, 2019.

1. TidWell

TidWell Yellow Card Yellow Card

They should have titled his special Cringe City

2. Buffmeister

Buffmeister you must choose, so come boy..choose life or death

When Brendo was asked, on a JRE, why or how he is getting all this bookings and so on...
    His reply was:"Bro, i have no idea!"
    ...gotta love that

Steroids** and TidWell like this.
  3. Wolf Of Sherdog

Wolf Of Sherdog Brown Belt Professional Fighter

Honestly some of his comedy friends should give Rogan the talk. Nobody want to say shit because they dont want to be banned from his podcast

4. Hatorade

Hatorade Blue Belt

I just watched some of his comedy for the first time.
    He's not bad.

Ritler likes this.
  5. ShreddinMMA

ShreddinMMA Gold Belt

Sean McCorkle roasts. That's a name I haven't seen in awhile.

Good ol' big sexy.

6. Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Fedor Wearing A Fedora Blue Belt

Only an absolute retard would laugh at Schaub’s “jokes.” Who actually watches standup comedy these days by the way? When it’s your job to tell jokes, the joke’s not funny.

7. TidWell

TidWell Yellow Card Yellow Card

Its the ultimate mystery like bigfoot, how does shaub get all these huge gigs with no charisma or talent? Surprised bravo hasnt accused him of being part of the lumanati
    One of the few fighters who posted on sherdog years ago before facebook and twitter blew up.

8. Steroids**

Steroids** Blue Belt

He's getting a push from the gay hollywood crowd. Dude probably signed a contract in blood.

9. HughPhug

HughPhug Red Belt

You didn't even laugh at the Badonkadonk thing?

10. ClosetVitorFan

ClosetVitorFan Silver Belt

I rate schaubs comedy anywhere from shit to fucking shit!

Aerosol and Fishmonger like this.
  11. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Goat Lawyer

He's not great but he exceeded my low expectations. He's not terrible. Obv he didn't get the opportunity based on merit but we've seen people shit the bed worse. This was more meh than bad.

12. ColombianFist

ColombianFist "Es mejor ser rico que ser pobre"

Being funny on a mma podcast doesn't mean Schaub has the skill and charisma to be a full stand up comedian. Even Hogaine who has more experience than him lacks charisma. To be honest, i just don't find Rogan funny and Schaub while funnier than him (just a bit) doesn't mean he'll be the next Bill Burr.

If the guy has talent give him time to see where he goes from his first stand up show.

13. Oboeplata

Oboeplata Purple Belt

I thought he had some funny jokes up until the "Why I got Into Comedy" rant. His "jokes", courtesy of Bryan Callen, on The Fighter and the Kid are funnier.

He is a huge draw right now for some odd reason, so he should keep at it even more!

14. Franklin U.

Franklin U. Gold Belt

IDK- I didnt watch/listen to the most previous but I have watched Brendan and he has made me lol on more than one occasion. I guess he applies to a certain type of sense of humor and if you're on board, he's actually quite funny.

* I saw him do some " deadpool mock casting bit" awhile ago and he actually administers it in a pretty funny way. I laughed. Hes had other bits where I can see a specific audience would find him hilarious.
    Who knows ?

15. DanaWhitesButler

DanaWhitesButler Brown Belt

So he should have listened to naysayers more instead of taking his comedy career to the next level by doing a special? OK got it. Lol

16. GordonMMARamsey

GordonMMARamsey Black Belt

Who even reviews this kind of stuff? I've never once reviewed a movie or tv show that i've watched let alone a comedy special. I feel like the only people that leave reviews are people that didn't enjoy it.

Erratic, Ritler and BARNUM like this.
  17. Jibsta69

Jibsta69 Purple Belt

People seem to love talking about him whether its negative or positive so that's all he cares about.

18. fractal

fractal 93andbeyond.com

Reminds me of Seinfeld. In fact he may done the bit with you not knowing what dry cleaners actually do back there. Back then it was new, now it's been done over and over again. It's more like classroom jokes now, not something you would do in front of an audience.

19. fractal

fractal 93andbeyond.com

Dude have you seen how many people watch the kardashians, jersey shore, honey boo and countless other mindless garbage on television today? Social media has really given a way for the stupidest people to connect with others like them. Never underestimate the power of stupid.

20. fractal

fractal 93andbeyond.com

At the end it proved to be worth it though. If he hadn't done comedy he wouldn't be any worse off. People would still be ridiculing him for some other reason. Now he made a ton of $, can keep doing it till people stop caring. Just like Rogan's comedy. It's terrible but somehow appeals to a certain audience.

I get it that you are suggesting he should've put in more work to improve before doing a special, but I doubt he takes this too seriously. It's a matter of get in, get rich(ish) and get out.