Ex-UFC Heavyweight Contender Brendan Schaub's comedy set reviews started pouring ...

Bro i saw that, they were treating brendan like he was lebron james about to play his first nba game outta highschool, who the hell on showtime is putting brendan on? Its baffling someone there thinks he is talented and worthy of multiple pushes they promoted the hell outta this special.

I watched it and it was no good, the worst part is the laugh track they could have at least made the laughs believable they were even laughing at every gesture, wtf
When Brendo was asked, on a JRE, why or how he is getting all this bookings and so on...
His reply was:"Bro, i have no idea!"
...gotta love that

I honestly feel like the only people that would find him funny are 13 year olds, but I didnt think many 13 year olds would know of him from MMA/podcasts. So I'm not sure whats going on.

it would be funny as fuck if Rogan gave him "the talk" 2.0 for his comedy
Honestly some of his comedy friends should give Rogan the talk. Nobody want to say shit because they dont want to be banned from his podcast

I just watched some of his comedy for the first time.
He's not bad.

Only an absolute retard would laugh at Schaub’s “jokes.” Who actually watches standup comedy these days by the way? When it’s your job to tell jokes, the joke’s not funny.

When Brendo was asked, on a JRE, why or how he is getting all this bookings and so on...
...gotta love that
Its the ultimate mystery like bigfoot, how does shaub get all these huge gigs with no charisma or talent? Surprised bravo hasnt accused him of being part of the lumanati
Sean McCorkle roasts. That's a name I haven't seen in awhile.

Good ol' big sexy.
One of the few fighters who posted on sherdog years ago before facebook and twitter blew up.

...gotta love that

He's getting a push from the gay hollywood crowd. Dude probably signed a contract in blood.

This. Even Brendan Schaub's natural funniness is better than Rogan's. I don't think Rogan has made me laugh once, not from his comedy and not from his podcast. Schaub despite how dumb he is does have "talent" for silly humor and good one line deliveries that's hilarious amongst guys. He's definitely had me in stitches a bunch more times compared to Callen or Rogan's played out shit. Callen being slightly better than Rogan because he can actually set people up and engage is some banter.

However, Rogan does seem to get more goodwill from betas and losers who don't know what good locker-room humor or banter amongst bros is about.. maybe it's because he's so short..

Schaub has a sick stalker-esque group of losers online who do everything to smear anything he does at any opportunity. Sometimes he's cringe and retarded, but he rarely pretends otherwise. He knows his lane is being a silly goof, and that shtick certainly is more entertaining than just being a plain shitty comic with zero natural talent for comedy like Joe Rogan.

Anyone who's actually had cool friends growing up, been in team sports etc etc all understand and appreciate Brendan's humor. Deadbeat nerds who avoided the school cafeteria during lunch don't get that type of humor, given that they're too serious and angry at the world..
You didn't even laugh at the Badonkadonk thing?

He's not great but he exceeded my low expectations. He's not terrible. Obv he didn't get the opportunity based on merit but we've seen people shit the bed worse. This was more meh than bad.

Being funny on a mma podcast doesn't mean Schaub has the skill and charisma to be a full stand up comedian. Even Hogaine who has more experience than him lacks charisma. To be honest, i just don't find Rogan funny and Schaub while funnier than him (just a bit) doesn't mean he'll be the next Bill Burr.

If the guy has talent give him time to see where he goes from his first stand up show.

I thought he had some funny jokes up until the "Why I got Into Comedy" rant. His "jokes", courtesy of Bryan Callen, on The Fighter and the Kid are funnier.

He is a huge draw right now for some odd reason, so he should keep at it even more!

IDK- I didnt watch/listen to the most previous but I have watched Brendan and he has made me lol on more than one occasion. I guess he applies to a certain type of sense of humor and if you're on board, he's actually quite funny.

* I saw him do some " deadpool mock casting bit" awhile ago and he actually administers it in a pretty funny way. I laughed. Hes had other bits where I can see a specific audience would find him hilarious.
Who knows ?

i honestly wonder if schaub ever thought about the potential of receiving all this negative commentary? i would think not, because something like this can, and maybe already has, ruined his potential comedy career. maybe the people around him should have been honest with him, and told him he needed A LOT more work. feedback like this can be devastating to anyone's psyche.

So he should have listened to naysayers more instead of taking his comedy career to the next level by doing a special? OK got it. Lol

Who even reviews this kind of stuff? I've never once reviewed a movie or tv show that i've watched let alone a comedy special. I feel like the only people that leave reviews are people that didn't enjoy it.

People seem to love talking about him whether its negative or positive so that's all he cares about.

It’s astounding to me how bad most standup comedy is. It’s not a surprise that he bombed but I also wouldn’t have been surprised if people thought this was funny.

Watch first 3 minutes

People will laugh at the stupidest shit.

George Carlin was funny but a lot of his comedy was just him spewing out political rhetoric while people cheered

This is what SNL is like now

Reminds me of Seinfeld. In fact he may done the bit with you not knowing what dry cleaners actually do back there. Back then it was new, now it's been done over and over again. It's more like classroom jokes now, not something you would do in front of an audience.

sounds like a bunch of jealous shertards made IMDB account

if brendan is so bad, please explain how he has become the most successful comic in just under three years
Dude have you seen how many people watch the kardashians, jersey shore, honey boo and countless other mindless garbage on television today? Social media has really given a way for the stupidest people to connect with others like them. Never underestimate the power of stupid.

i honestly wonder if schaub ever thought about the potential of receiving all this negative commentary? i would think not, because something like this can, and maybe already has, ruined his potential comedy career. maybe the people around him should have been honest with him, and told him he needed A LOT more work. feedback like this can be devastating to anyone's psyche.
At the end it proved to be worth it though. If he hadn't done comedy he wouldn't be any worse off. People would still be ridiculing him for some other reason. Now he made a ton of $, can keep doing it till people stop caring. Just like Rogan's comedy. It's terrible but somehow appeals to a certain audience.

I get it that you are suggesting he should've put in more work to improve before doing a special, but I doubt he takes this too seriously. It's a matter of get in, get rich(ish) and get out.

So he should have listened to naysayers more instead of taking his comedy career to the next level by doing a special? OK got it. Lol

no. i meant, that he should have asked for honest criticism from those closest to him, and comedians who have been doing it for a long time. there is no way, that any of them would have given him the green light, if that were the criteria. it's clear, that schaub fell for his own gimmick, just like ronda did, in that they fell for their own hype, and both bombed on very large stages. and the kicker, is that each used to date lol.

i think he's brave for getting up there. but too eager to become a pro comic, without actually becoming funny.

Last edited:
Back