Ex-UFC fighters C.B. Dollaway, Kajan Johnson file new lawsuit against UFC and Endeavor

As in most fans and fighters don't realize just how many cases of it you're going to see, 10, 15, 20 years down the road. Even in boxing, most don't really understand the scale of that problem.

How would you get the UFC to pay fighters more? There aren't a lot of options other than organizing labor or more federal regulations.

I don't see how they'd have a leg to stand on legally with that. It's obvious that entering a sport where you get hit in the head a lot and the goal is to render your opponent unconscious isn't good for your brain.

I don't see how they'd have a leg to stand on legally with that. It's obvious that entering a sport where you get hit in the head a lot and the goal is to render your opponent unconscious isn't good for your brain.
I didn't say the UFC would be legally liable. I just said there is going to be way more medical damage down the road than most fighters or fans think.

so what who can live off 5k?

Take other fights, can get sponsored deals that pay more for shorts and banner spots than a weekly instagram post. It's bad I'm not disputing that, but atleast they have much more room to make money

Take other fights, can get sponsored deals that pay more for shorts and banner spots than a weekly instagram post. It's bad I'm not disputing that, but atleast they have much more room to make money

how much money is a prelim fighter getting from sponsors when notosy sees the fight. they could have the same sponsorships if the ufc cause they be using there social media to promote it.

jake hager makes 75k while who he fought made 5k, how that fair.

I actually liked this guy and he seemed like a cool cat but this is unacceptable!

With his recent news of suing the UFC, it breaks my heart that he chose to take this route. Anyways, what is he doing these days for work!???

Yeah, unfortunately, it's hard to balance those two interests. I will point out though, the issues with boxing is more with promoters, not the boxers. Plenty of boxers want to fight the best, but their promoters don't' want to copromote or fetishize undefeated records. I also don't think the Ali Act in mma would lead to all the bad outcomes that people attribute to boxing.
and for some reason, in mma, promoters won't try to look out for their own interests.......

I actually liked this guy and he seemed like a cool cat but this is unacceptable!

With his recent news of suing the UFC, it breaks my heart that he chose to take this route. Anyways, what is he doing these days for work!???
Who isn't suing the ufc...

and for some reason, in mma, promoters won't try to look out for their own interests.......
It's almost like I expect promoters to do promoter things and why I'm not optimistic that the industry magically reforms itself without outside regulatory changes

How much does Ari pay to shill on the dog?

It's almost like I expect promoters to do promoter things and why I'm not optimistic that the industry magically reforms itself without outside regulatory changes
again, you're trying to pretend the issues with boxing wouldn't similarly effect mma.......

again, you're trying to pretend the issues with boxing wouldn't similarly effect mma.......
What boxing issues would come to mma if the Ali Act is expended?

No one ever bought a ticket to see CB Dolloway. I bet he was overpaid.

Hope he loses the suit and a lot of money

I wonder if McDonald's employees should sue McDonald's... That company must make billions, yet those poor schmucks doing all the work are making minimum wage... Hmmmm

I wonder if McDonald's employees should sue McDonald's... That company must make billions, yet those poor schmucks doing all the work are making minimum wage... Hmmmm
Are you implying that a fast food employee has the same market value as a professional fighter? You're a combat sports fan right?

Back