Ex-Sonics star Shawn Kemp reportedly arrested in alleged drive-by shooting for parking lot incident

At the Tacoma fucking Mall of all places

Hilarious

I saw an interview with Michael Jai White where he explained that a certain section of the community only committed crimes due to having no money and if they had as much money as others they would not be involved in crime, particularly violent crime.

Mr Kemp's net worth is 5 mill apparently...

Something doesn't add up here

I always laugh when liberals claim the extraordinarily high rates of homicide and gun violence in the black community are due to poverty. It simply is a lie. Even when you adjust for income, the disparity is still enormous. It’s why I’ve constantly condemned the left. If they were genuine about combatting gun violence, they’d start addressing the community responsible for the majority despite making up a minuscule portion of the population.

1-A29260-D-2384-4970-B0-A3-710-ECF953-F93.jpg

I’m surprised he can afford a Porsche considering he has 19 kids.
I heard he had financial problems a few years ago but the MJ stores have been a boon for the area and he has at least one of those and it's always busy. I drive by it all the time.

I always laugh when liberals claim the extraordinarily high rates of homicide and gun violence in the black community are due to poverty. It simply is a lie. Even when you adjust for income, the disparity is still enormous. It’s why I’ve constantly condemned the left. If they were genuine about combatting gun violence, they’d start addressing the community responsible for the majority despite making up a minuscule portion of the population.

Self hatred is a big factor in my opinion.

Apparently they just released Kemp, so I'm thinking he probably wasn't the one shooting.

Or maybe it was self defense. Who knows.

One thing I didn't realize until I read one of these articles was that he never played college basketball.

Here I was thinking that Garnett, Kobe, Jermaine, and LeBron were the only 4 dudes to join the NBA straight out of high school, but apparently Kemp was only like 6 months away from doing the same thing. He did one semester at a junior college where he didn't even play, before declaring for the NBA draft

Apparently they just released Kemp, so I'm thinking he probably wasn't the one shooting.

One thing I didn't realize until I read one of these articles was that he never played college basketball.

Here I was thinking that Garnett, Kobe, Jermaine, and LeBron were the only 4 dudes to join the NBA straight out of high school, but apparently Kemp was only like 6 months away from doing the same thing. He did one semester at a junior college where he didn't even play, before declaring for the NBA draft

I saw the video; definitely didn’t look like a self defense situation. He straight walked up to the vehicle in broad daylight and let off a round before walking away and ditching the piece in some shrubs.

DeShawn Stevenson, Tyson Chandler, and Eddy Curry all did it as well.

Mate I don't hear liberals (or Jai White) condemning gangster culture, it's always racism, wealth inequality and other garbage. When you have gangster culture and guys openly disrespecting/humiliating each other to the extreme in front of all their peers etc and they are seen as weak if they don't respond, you know there is gunna be massive amounts of violence.

Anyway, I'll shut up, or this'll end up in the war room.

He was released with no charges filed.

New story (from his attorney) says his car was broken into and a criminal took things, including Kemps iPhone. He tracked the iPhone down and was shot at while approaching the vehicle, and he returned fire in self defense.

This makes a lot more sense then the clickbait "Shawn Kemp in a drive by shooting" like he's a 19 year old gangster trying to get initiated lol.

I think he got a scholarship to college but still didnt qualify academically

I didn't think that was even possible

Kemp was an amazing player. Probably the most exciting in-game dunker in the era after Doctor J but before Vince Carter.

He apparently fathered a ton of kids with different women and paid a shit ton in child support. And he struggled with alcohol addiction near the end of his career.

Pretty sad he's fallen this far but I kinda still want to root for him. Hopefully the guy he shot was a dick and deserved it.
He was a cokehead. I wouldn't be surprised if a relapse into his old ways of snorting and drinking played a role in this.

I think he got a scholarship to college but still didnt qualify academically

I didn't think that was even possible

A guy on my high school football team scored a 4-something on the SAT. He wasn't eligible for his freshman year, but still enrolled with a full ride at Grambling.

lol Kemp was robbed in a parking lot in one of the poorest areas of greater seattle.
What's the excuse for your cognitive shortcoming?

He was released with no charges filed.

New story (from his attorney) says his car was broken into and a criminal took things, including Kemps iPhone. He tracked the iPhone down and was shot at while approaching the vehicle, and he returned fire in self defense.

This makes a lot more sense then the clickbait "Shawn Kemp in a drive by shooting" like he's a 19 year old gangster trying to get initiated lol.
People sped off here routinely like they're running a quarter mile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back