Ex cops take on why Herman was wrong on almost all accounts

wtf is going on in this thread?!?!? look asshole don't you know that those cops were racist?!?! what's wrong with you anyway? bringing common sense, and reality based facts into the warroom BOOOO,BOO this man!!! and harken the 1st horse of the apocalypse! for it is written "when a warroom sherdogger appears with common sense" "you'll know that the end is upon us". seriously though, great post dude.

bahaha, you had me until the word racist.
If i could upvote his post i would've. It's both sad and hilarious that there are people that believe the shit they spew.

Hey guys. Ex cop of 10 years in Atlanta. Just my two cents from cops perspective.

- driving to a well lit area is OK. Just be EXTRA compliant when you do stop because most people dont do that. Best case...call 911 while driving. The dispatcher can confirm that their cop is stopping you and tell the cop what you are doing.

- Cops are required to identify themselves. Uniform and badge are part of that. However...they are NOT required to let you get close to them to see their ID card. Thats close enough to grab them. And they dont know you....who knows...you may be a pro MMA fighter right?

- If like his wife you demand MORE ID than a badge and uniform and marked car....think about this: how hard is it to make a fake ID card? Any college kid with a printer can. Fake badges and uniforms and cars..much harder. So Hermans ID rant is kinda silly.

- Getting out of the car isnt illegal. Many older people do this. Some see it as respectful. However...cops consider "Totality of circumstances". Not stopping for 3 miles combined with a very big and athletic looking guy exiting the car...and using a tactic common with the Sovereign Citizen movement of demanding ID to challenge authority (who have murdered many cops lately)....all together puts the cops on high alert.

Herman wasnt doing anything that wrong. But...his actions put cops on high alert even if he didnt realize it. I doubt Herman had any intent to harm them at all. But they had no idea why he was acting that way or who he was. And in fact...if he wanted to be...he would be an extremely dangerous man because of his abilities alone much less his raw size. Thats why they werent letting him get close to him.

Did they charge him with some stuff that was maybe a bit more than he deserved? Maybe. Im not familiar with Indiana law or how the statute reads. But I typically dont like heightened charges for someone who wasnt doing a serious crime to begin with...which it appears Herman wasnt.

But that said...be smart. Cops arent playing around with their own safety and they have NO CLUE who you are or what you are doing or planning to do.

the charges are redic, but i agree with what these cops said, herman was being an idiot.

If you think that there's a better solution to the shit stains that commit crimes in these bad neighborhoods then let's hear it.
I was not referring to just criminals. Like i said, just because you live in a shitty neighborhood doesnt mean your a criminal. Unfortunately the police dont seem to understand that. The answer to your question would be video documention whenever an officer is on duty. I see no reason why offficers cant wear a body cam w/audio as soon as they get a call or is interacting with the public.
edit:im not talking about Herman. i wouldve tased the shit out of his big ass. im talkin police in general

What. The. Fuck??? You want to set a bar for ex-mil to police your own citizens?? Yep, ok, so... that's going to have us see police misconduct go from "zero to nothing" eh...? Lol.

What don't you understand? I would love to see higher pay, but since that is unlikely, I think they should offer incentives for college education and for military service. Why shouldn't I make more money that a guy that has just a high school diploma. I have a very expensive college degree, and while I value the life experiences that shaped me into the person I am more than the degree, I think I a police department should recognize that there is an inherent value in hiring college educated police officers. By valuing the better candidates(offering them more money) you will attract more of them versus some 18 year old kid with middling intelligence who is trying to decide between a job in police work or going into the coal mines/ steel industry.

10214300-large.jpg

As a non-cop who avoids encounters with police purposefully, one must also understand what to do if faced with a police encounter. There is much info out there for free.

In most of the recent high-profile cases the citizen didn't comply with rightful police orders.

If I encounter the police, I want make it as easy as possible for ME. If I die during the encounter, I'm not all that concerned about "justice." I'm still dead.

If the cop tells you to, "turn around and place your hands behind your back" fucking do it.

If you can record the encounter that can also help you.

There are some things to not do. Refuse them calmly and respectfully: Don't consent to searches. Keep your mouth shut and don't admit to a crime.

There is an extreme problem with police brutality in America at the moment. This is a fact. I don't believe any other country is having the problems that we are having with police.

That's because you don't travel much.

or maybe because American internal affair is always on the world's news media/spot light.

Ok China, whose population is 4 and 1/2 times the size of the United States, recorded 12 killings by law enforcement officers in 2014.

Hands down there is a problem with police brutality and if you cant see that you are being ignorant. Police should not be killing people specially at the rate that they are. Fuck I think there is a problem with brutality against police as well and I support getting a higher sentence for violence towards a uniform. I just want the same standard they need to be held accountable.

I think this speaks to the fact that in America is your god given right to be armed to the teeth. It's legal to walk around in many states with a rifle over your shoulder. It's easy to get a CC permit, etc. Everyone is on edge. Crazy people kill cops for no reason during trafic stops, putting cops on edge. Then citizens cry police brutality when someone gets killed by a cop when not cooperating, then people riot/retaliate, police become more on edge, start treating every traffic stop like there's a tec-9 in the glove box and a gun on the drivers hip. It snowballs.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Dumbass won himself a tazing.

Telling a cop to show him ID? That's fucking retarded. The uniform, badge, the police car with lights, the fact that if they were "fake" they probably wouldn't have continued following the asshole for 3 miles, all factor into how utterly asinine Herman is. Maybe the beatings he took in the octagon knocked out any common sense he might've once had.

The wife needs a slap across the maw as well. Where's war machine?

That was my first thought as well.

If they were fake cops looking to rob them, I doubt they would have followed him and pulled into a gas station to rob him where there are a bunch of cameras. There was literally no reason to not believe they were police, and it just goes to show how little common sense he has after not stopping for 3 miles, then getting out of his car, and asking the cops to show 3 pieces of ID.

The even sadder part to me is this girl actually doesn't see how poorly he handled the situation... over speeding and not having headlights on. Idiot had an infant child in the car too.

Last edited:
Back