Ex-champ Phil Davis vs. Vadim Nemkov added to Bellator's Israel return

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Former Bellator light heavyweight champ Phil Davis is tasked with halting the rise of promising up-and-comer Vadim Nemkov.

Davis (19-4 MMA, 6-1 BMMA) and Nemkov (9-2 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) will meet in the co-headliner of Bellator’s return to Israel, which takes place Nov. 15 at Menora Mivtachim Arena in Tel Aviv, according to a person close to the fighters’ camps who asked to remain anonymous because the news has not been made public.

Although the event’s broadcast plans and number has yet to be announced, main card fights are expected to air on Paramount following prelims streamed on MMAjunkie.

Davis is three months’ removed from an impressive head kick knockout of onetime title challenger Linton Vassel. The win, notched at Bellator 200, was his second straight since losing the title to current champ Ryan Bader.

With Bader now pursuing heavyweight gold in Bellator’s grand prix, Davis gets to stay active against Nemkov, a largely unheralded talent who put himself on the map in February with a TKO of ex-champ Liam McGeary. Nemkov bludgeoned McGeary’s legs until the fight was called off in the third round, bringing him his fourth straight win.

Nemkov also holds a first-round knockout win over UFC vet Goran Reljic earlier in his career.

The latest Bellator in Israel card includes:

• Champ Patricio Freire vs. Emmanuel Sanchez – for featherweight title
  • Phil Davis vs. Vadim Nemkov

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/phil-davis-vs-vadim-nemkov-light-heavyweight-bellator-israel

Rooting for Nemkov. His suspect gas tank will be tested here, but I hope he manages to get it done.

Who knows, maybe he'll become the first guy to finish Phil.

colour me stoked, would love to see some more of this,

UnlinedMealyBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

Awesome fight

war Nemkov!

Good matchup! Rooting for nemkov.

I guess lyoto’s first opponent might be carvalho or Shlemenko since Phil is out of the running.

Good matchup! Rooting for nemkov.

I guess lyoto’s first opponent might be carvalho or Shlemenko since Phil is out of the running.

Didn't Schlemenko leave Bellator?

This matchup greatly interests me, good matchmaking !

Nice, I've been waiting to see Nemkov again.Big fight for him.

The last I heard he had 1 fight left
His manager said this week that Shlemenko probably gonna fight at event in October. I'm too lazy to google but from what I remember there is a week in October when Fedor fights and there is one Bellator event in Friday and second at Saturday at the same week. And manager said that Shlemenko probably gonna fight at one of this event and they think that Carvalho would be logical opponent.

I really like Shlemenko but I don’t think he deserves to fight former champ after losing fight in Russia

Phil Davis booked for the bathroom break fight before the main event.

Or catch a quick snooze.

war Vadim obviously, but props to Phil for taking a super dangerous but relatively unknown fighter instead of looking for an easy fight ageinst Machida, Sakara or somthing like that. true champ mentality.

Good match up...Does that mean Machida vs Carvalho?

Back