Ex-Bodybuilder looking for Strength Training Routine

New_Breed20

White Belt
Reaction score
What up men! Well I'm doign something I never really thought I would be. I've been boydbuilding for about 2 years now with significant gains in size and strength, but want to grow even more and really increase my strength for sports and possibly MMA fighting down the road. Note I have lots of expereince lifting and won't be doign any other sports so lots of recorvery time. I have absolutly no idea what a strength routine would look like or how to set it up. I'm so used to a 4 day split hittin two body parts a day. Could anyone lead me in the rigth direction in finidng a good routine for strength and size? Read the stickies and tryed searching, learned from my years of practice at bodybuilding.com haha. Thanks guys!

How about starting by forgetting all isolation and machine work?

go back to the stickies. Carnal's treatise is in there. asside from that here are the basics:
- low reps on key lifts (less than 6). if you want more volume do more sets.
- stick to mostly compound movments. 80-90% of your exercises should be compound.
- machines have little to no place in your workout now.
- did you read the stickies yet?

New_Breed20 said:
What up men! Well I'm doign something I never really thought I would be. I've been boydbuilding for about 2 years now with significant gains in size and strength, but want to grow even more and really increase my strength for sports and possibly MMA fighting down the road. Note I have lots of expereince lifting and won't be doign any other sports so lots of recorvery time. I have absolutly no idea what a strength routine would look like or how to set it up. I'm so used to a 4 day split hittin two body parts a day. Could anyone lead me in the rigth direction in finidng a good routine for strength and size? Read the stickies and tryed searching, learned from my years of practice at bodybuilding.com haha. Thanks guys!

There is a pretty decent program called the German Training Volume. You probably can find it on the internet.

1) It is German volume training.
2) Fuck that shit.
3) Repeat for anything called Bulgarian, German, Russian, Albanian, Kosovar, Liechtensteinian training 'xyz'.

a 5x5 system is a good start for a new powerlifting,your not ready for westside imop i would build up a base on the 3 lifts b4 moving to dynamic work-

Read the stickies, dont forget to contiue taking the juice.

Back