Evo 2020 cancelled. Mr. Wizard removed as CEO

hqdefault.jpg

SALUTE TO ALL MY GREENS IN THE CHAT. SUBSCRIBE AND GET YOUR BAN IMMUNITY. BUY A JERSEY OR GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Buy some wrist raps if you are a real fan

https://covenantmerchandise.bigcartel.com/

cov3.png

Last edited:
So are all Japanese fighting games.

p9nkbuq73zi21.png

Edit: I'm wrong. @Gref and I played the new updated Garou: Mark of the Wolves and that is excellent! Better than Fightcade.
Killer Instinct never got the love it deserved

If only they released it through Steam on release =(

EVO ONLINE:
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • Tekken 7
  • Street Fighter V Champion Edition
  • SoulCalibur VI
  • Granblue Fantasy: Versus
  • Samurai Shodown
Open Tournament:
  • Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath
  • Killer Instinct (2013)
  • Them's Fighting Herds
  • Skullgirls Encore

EVO online isnt EVO, are people only playing in their region? Whats the point lol.

No real EVO, EVO online instead
Plus no International

Normally both events happen in August which makes it a great month for eSports, gonna be weird this year

FINALLY no Smash games, and all it took was a worldwide pandemic.

MK11 not being on there is a joke.
It's back on for the open online tournament. I think NRS was planning on doing their own tournament, which is why it wasn't originally planned for EVO until this COVID thing happened.

Obviously this isn't going to be the EVO that everyone wants, but you really can't expect them to do anything else given the circumstances. I'll still tune in. At the very least we may get some good laughs out of the issues created by netcode. Heck, maybe this will wake developers up to the fact that they need to get their shit together when it comes to netcode and that things like cross-play are important.

It would be hilarious if NRS told them to fuck off.

Has anyone played Them's Fightin' Herds? I want to try it, and I know it has rollback netcode like Skullgirls, MK11, and KI, but those characters...

Last edited:
Ultimate’s online is SHIT. Imo people kind of exaggerate a little bit with how bad netcode is for some of the major games- while they can be bad I find that you can have a pretty good connection if the opponent has good internet is close to you etc etc

but Ultimate is SHIT. Like it’s actually terrible. A lot of fighting games have maybe 1f-2f delay so in a lot of cases it’s not really SUPER noticeable but Ultimate is just so soooooo bad. I play with the Ethernet adapter and it’s still laggy af when I play with someone who lives 40ish min away from me. It’s basically unplayable I legit have no idea how people can go through with playing that laggy mess without constantly raging

Ultimate’s online is SHIT. Imo people kind of exaggerate a little bit with how bad netcode is for some of the major games- while they can be bad I find that you can have a pretty good connection if the opponent has good internet is close to you etc etc

True, but that's still kinda sucks. You can play against people from across the planet in games like Killer Instinct, Garou, Power Rangers, Skullgirls, etc. There's a reason why Tekken, SFV, etc are exhibitions and the other 4 are open tournaments.

This is 2020. Tony Cannon created GGPO in 2006. There's no excuse for garbage netcode in fighting games. Maybe I will pick up that My Little Pony game that's being hyped up. At least it has better online than most.

True, but that's still kinda sucks. You can play against people from across the planet in games like Killer Instinct, Garou, Power Rangers, Skullgirls, etc. There's a reason why Tekken, SFV, etc are exhibitions and the other 4 are open tournaments.

This is 2020. Tony Cannon created GGPO in 2006. There's no excuse for garbage netcode in fighting games. Maybe I will pick up that My Little Pony game that's being hyped up. At least it has better online than most.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I'm not saying those devs shouldn't be working on improving their netcode, I'm just saying that Ultimate's is a whole different level of SHIT lol. I definitely get laggy games in GBVS here and there but it's not too difficult to find matches with only 1f-2f delay which is not bad at all. Ultimate it's basically impossible to find a match where you can't notice the lag.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I'm not saying those devs shouldn't be working on improving their netcode, I'm just saying that Ultimate's is a whole different level of SHIT lol. I definitely get laggy games in GBVS here and there but it's not too difficult to find matches with only 1f-2f delay which is not bad at all. Ultimate it's basically impossible to find a match where you can't notice the lag.

GBVS was a game I WAS going to get, but I've had enough of delay-based bullshit so nah. I will get Guilty Gear Strive because that will have rollback.

Nintendo certainly doesn't care about their netcode. If it works, it works. Doesn't matter if it doesn't work well, lol.

Looking at the silver lining of this situation, I think this will force devs to put more effort into netcode in the future. This could work as a good wakeup call to them and create pressure to get it right.

I'm watching the VoD of Punk's latest Beta Bash (an online tournament that he's been running), and he says he can't put Angry Bird in the EU Beta Bash because unlike CPT he has standards. I had to laugh.

From the leader of the programming team of UNICLR. He wanted rollback before, but was having difficulty implementing it. After playing Skullgirls, I can see why he wants it.

Both ARMS and Pokken use rollback, so 2 out of the 3 Nintendo made fighters on Switch use it, not a stretch for Smash to get it, though why Tekken 7 is in with its' own garbage online is beyond me.

Back