Evo 2015- July 17-19.

That's just too much anime and smash. What's next? Playstation all-stars and melty blood?
Hopefully Tekken is decent.

Seriously, guilty gear is the pinnacle of air dashes. Just use it and drop persona. Hell, I'd say drop marvel too but that's not going to happen. Only one smash is needed too. Persona and smash wii u are just taken up spaces for KOF and maybe even injustice or Tekken Tag 2, since tekken 7 is gonna be an unfinished product with anyone not from Asia having no experience with it. Tekken 7 is great for an exhibition, but not a full game.

No KOF is criminal.Always one of the most exciting games to watch.

KOF not being in is a joke. should of kicked out 1 of the smash games or killer instinct.

and I think blazblue should be in instead of persona after its great showing last year.

if it was up to me they would drop melee and tekken 7 for tekken tag 2 and KOF

the smash community needs to move past melee at some point, it's dated and old. tekken 7 feels like it too new to be featured as a full game and tt2 would have a better pool of players.

wish Injustice was coming back as one of the main games but I'm fine with MKX taking its place. I plan on picking that game up and playing the fuck out of it.

My dream line up

USF4
UMvC3
KOF
MKX
SSB either one, I don't care which.
GGXRD
KI
Injustice
TTT2

With tekken 7 as a special event tournament like they did with ST last year.

I was planning to go, took days off of work and already registered, but now I think I have to bail. In the process of a very important job interview that I need to prepare for and don't know if I'm going to need those days. Slight chance I might end up buying the plane ticket super late but at this point it's looking like a no-go :(

damn another evo i'm going to have to miss due to work. Guess i'll have to be catching the streams.

lol at the people saying one of the smash games should be removed because they don't like it but their fav games get shit numbers. KI had a 50k prize bonus and gets horrible entrants. Marvel lost to a anime fighter. Persona is trash and Tekken isn't even out here. and MK is pretty shit in its current state. If anything they should have USF4, UMvC3 , KoF, Sm4sh, Melee, anything added besides that really doesn't matter. And I say that strictly from a EVO Business standpoint as well as hype standpoint. Not having KoF is a joke. How much did Microsoft give EVO to put in KI?

Nintendo could kill off Melee if they gave a shit. Just ban streaming of the game, put in a huge pot bonus for Smash 4 (they are sitting on billions of cash) and effectively people would just switch over for the most part. Melee is better to watch though. Smash 4 has hype moments quite often but some characters and play styles are complete buzz kills.

At least the sunday lineup is pretty good. Only having 1 smash game so you guys don't gotta sit through too much of it. And melee gets more viewers than sm4sh.

Melee is a stagnant pool of shit, and this is coming from a big smash fan. It's the same characters and same players over and over and over and over again. I wont even watch it anymore. The game will never have any balance fixes so it just needs to die off already. It's super smash fox and I am personally sick of it. Hoping one day the community finally moves on from it.

this pretty much sums up smash melee:

6ff903d2313e7bddf31ddf6f92400588-the-best-way-to-play-super-smash-bros-melee.jpg

This last year that is true. But not previously as much.

Evo 2014:

First Place: Mange (fox)
Second: Hungry Box (Jiggly Puff)
Third: Armada (Peach)
Fourth: PPMD (Marth, Falco)
Fifth: M2k (Sheik, Marth, Peach)
Fifth: Axe (Pikachu, Toon Link)
7th: Fly AmanitA (Ice Climbers)

Armada switched to Fox though recently, and it seems like a lot of people go to Fox because its the easy thing to do. Smash 4 has a lot more variety in the characters due to customs but is a lot more noobed down.

I can't stand smash at all, but it gets viewers and entrants so it stays. That's a no brainier. It would be foolish to get rid of both smashes since both are bringing the numbers.

Mkx just had another patch today which should make it better than CEO, but time will tell. And even without the patch, it got over 1k in its current state.

Either way, EVO doesn't really care about having the best games on stage, only what's being played. If clay fighter brought in a thousand players it would be up there too. Meanwhile actually awesome games like 3s and Virtua fighter are left out.

If ya'lll hated smash before just wait till sonic dittos come up or villagers that try to time out. lolol and then one of the smash gods Mew2King pulled out due to hand injuries from playing melee so that kind of sucks since he plays both. And some of the best japanese players aren't coming for smash 4 because they don't use customs overseas. Kind of stupid.

So I'm aware that people can have little side tournaments at the event. Any chance somebody might bring in EA Sports UFC? First year attendee here.

No KOF this year? In one way I'm not surprised... what has SNK been doing the last few years? But on the other hand it was the most exciting to watch of the fighting game franchises.

Back