Evo 2015- July 17-19.

2 Smash games is too much imo. I would have preferred Blazblue over P4 also.

I'm still looking forward to Evo though Mahvel, MKX, KI, USF4 I'll be all over em.

Smash is usually easy to avoid. It is on it's own stream on most days. I'm just worried about finals day. If both smashes get time on the main stage on Sunday that will be a huge chunk of the day. Usually, Evo is like another huge sporting event for me and my friends. We put the finals up on the tv in a living room, get snacks and drinks and watch it like we do for UFC or football. I really don't want to sit through 6 hours of smash.

I prefer Smash over Tekken easily, although I am more interested in Tekken 7 then watching Smash Wii U. Tekken 6 was boring as shit to watch imo. I like playing Tekken but not a huge fan of watching the high-level play. Melee on the other hand I think is both fun to play and watch at a high level. I have no idea what to expect from Smash Wii U, I haven't seen any high-level videos of it yet. I was also not too much of a fan of KoF, I never played it extensively so that's probably why.

I think MKX is going to be amazing.

I'll watch the Smash Wii U finals. Melee needs to go away. It's never been fun to watch. I don't even play KoF, but I'd watch the GF every year. Great game.

Yeah I have high hopes for MKX. But it will be early in the games competitive life, so level of play won't be at it's peak. But even still, I can't wait to see it on action.

Also, I love seeing high level of guilty gear. That, tekken and MKX are the games I care the most about.

I do hope that everyone can get to watch what interests them the most. I have no issues with others liking smash, I'm sure it's a good game, it's just not for me.

You guys got next gen fight sticks?

I'll have to buy one eventually I guess, fuckers are steep doe.

You guys got next gen fight sticks?

I'll have to buy one eventually I guess, fuckers are steep doe.

Still using my SSF4 TE. SF5 is coming to PC so I'm in no rush to buy a new stick.

I'm a wierd dude. I only use a stick for VF and SC. I go Dual shock pad for MK and tekken and I break out the mad Camry sega Saturn style for most Capcom games.

I was raised on the Saturn which had the best pad for fighters ever.

I love the PS2 controller. I use that for everything, bought a converter for 360. Hoping the PS4 dpad is similar. I never had a PS3 but the few times I've used the controller it didn't feel as nice as the PS2. I didn't like the R2/L2 triggers and it just didn't feel RIGHT.

Boo they need to take out that anime garbage and put Smash brawl in there

Boo they need to take out that anime garbage and put Smash brawl in there

Brawl? The smash game that the majority of competitive smash players hate? And over guilty gear?

You would be cutting out all anime players entirely for a game that isn't gonna bring in anymore entrants that the other two smash games aren't already. EVO would lose entrants and viewers with that idea.

EVO's games choices are centered around what gets players to attend and what gets views on stream. And they try to hit up all the different fighters demographic. Anime players, NRS players, smash players, Capcom players... If they only cared about selecting the best games then Virtua fighter and third strike would be a lock every year.

Brawl? The smash game that the majority of competitive smash players hate? And over guilty gear?

You would be cutting out all anime players entirely for a game that isn't gonna bring in anymore entrants that the other two smash games aren't already. EVO would lose entrants and viewers with that idea.

EVO's games choices are centered around what gets players to attend and what gets views on stream. And they try to hit up all the different fighters demographic. Anime players, NRS players, smash players, Capcom players... If they only cared about selecting the best games then Virtua fighter and third strike would be a lock every year.

Errmm I was obviously joking...

Errmm I was obviously joking...

My sarcasm meter is broken. I tried to ask if it was under warranty and the sales rep looked at me kind of funny and said," nooooo." So now I can't repair it.

My sarcasm meter is broken. I tried to ask if it was under warranty and the sales rep looked at me kind of funny and said," nooooo." So now I can't repair it.

Haha. I think it was during the evo 2 or 3 years ago.I'm in europe so the finals last till the morning hours. Didn't know if I could make it without falling asleep but thank god for melee the perfect time for a nap.Woke in time to watch MvC and Street Fighter...

Damn I thought being on the east coast was bad enough. I'm 3 hours ahead from Vegas. You gotto be like 10-12 hours ahead.

debating about actually attending Evo this year since it's only a coupe hour drive away from

has anyone gone before just as an observer not an entrant?

Damn I thought being on the east coast was bad enough. I'm 3 hours ahead from Vegas. You gotto be like 10-12 hours ahead.

I know it must sound rather pathetic but I'm always looking forward to it.Couple of energy drinks and shit posting on twitch. Used to stay up with my brother but last year had to watch it alone. It was still pretty fun.

Is there a reason Injustice wasn't brought back? Or did it get replaced with MK?

Is there a reason Injustice wasn't brought back? Or did it get replaced with MK?

It got replaced with MK as a main game, but it looks like there will be a side game with a stream anyway.

That's just too much anime and smash. What's next? Playstation all-stars and melty blood?
Hopefully Tekken is decent.

Back