Everything you need to know about Maycee “The Next Erick Silva” Barber

Barbers hype train is even more laughable than Derns. Size and aggression are the only things she's got going for her and judging by her last fight she's about to hit a wall

I skipped through her fight but didn't she get dropped on her ass twice?

Why does this chick get so much hype?
Essentially because the UFC have said "Make it So".

They always have a few young fighters that they pick to hype up and try to turn them into the next Ronda Rousey or next Conor McGregor.
Sage Northcutt was heavily promoted as was Paige van Zant, as was Ngannou. Sage is now gone, and PVZ is always injured and I don't personally think she'll keep fighting MMA for too much longer. Ngannou is having something of a resurgence but ultimately he has a one-track game and no wrestling and no cardio.

So UFC need new hype-trains and Maycee Barber has gotten the nod, and all the UFC commentators and employees have got that Memo.

Wait, this is a thread about a chick and there's no ass pics???

tenor.gif
This might be crazy, but there is the chance that she is for real and doesnt go around instagram posting ass pictures to get followers, having said that, i was expecting some of that, first time watching her fight and she did deliver some violence.

So UFC need new hype-trains and Maycee Barber has gotten the nod, and all the UFC commentators and employees have got that Memo.

I haven't watched a fight night card in a long time, so I forgot all about the hype machine and how UFC will shamelessly push any angle they can. I chuckled to myself every time they mentioned Maycee's age, or used buzzwords like "future" and "grow". Kinda made me miss Goldy.

Step aside, Erick. You’ve been the hot, young prospect since UFC 134, but Maycee “The Future” Barber is the new kid on the block and there’s no cieling in sight.

To substantiate my admittedly outrageous claim, I’ve put together some facts, quotes, and pics that will no doubt satisfy the burden of proof that is ALWAYS demanded by my discerning sherbros. This is not fake news.

-At just 20 years young, Maycee is the youngest fighter on the UFC roster. Her age was referenced a total of 6 times during the broadcast.
Her young age was even highlighted on the tale of the tape lol!
View attachment 552471

-The word “young”, as it pertains to Maycee, was used a staggering 13 times during the broadcast, while the word “future” was used 8 times.

-Maycee has the lofty goal of being the youngest UFC champ in history. She even has an app on her phone that counts down the days until she turns 23, just to make sure that she’s on track to surpass Johnny Bones.
View attachment 552461 -Maycee also employs a signature hand gesture where she motions to an imaginary watch, to signify that times’ a wastin!
View attachment 552469

-Megan Olivi quoted an unnamed UFC.com writer as saying, “All aboard the Maycee Barber hype train! Jump on now while there’s still room!” Also note that the term “hype train” was used 3 times in reference to “The Future”.

Challenge accepted, Megan! This hot, young prospect has endless potential for growth, and I’m all in! I’ll be sure to save some room on the train for my sherbros. Maycee is THE hot, young prospect and will likely remain so for the next decade. Not imprezzed with her recent performance? Give her time. She just needs a couple more cans at 125 so she can grow. Valentina, you’re officially on notice.
I wonder how volkan feels about his shitty NO. TIME gimmick being ripped off
Although hers is better ... Volkan always looked confused and angry like a retarded hulk...NO TIME. I HAVE NO TIME

I thought the imaginary wrist watch was because she's a fan of Volkan No Time Oezdemir. Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought the imaginary "wrist watch" thing, was because she was showing a "Limp Wrist", signifying that she's Gay!!
:confused:

lol, JJ schooled her completely in the first round and showed up a ton of holes in her game.
This fight confirmed she needs more time than they're going to give her to take on the likes of Joanna or Valentina. I liked her fight, and hope she sticks around for a while, but her defense is in need of some serious work.

I think the Eric Silva joke has gone over your head.

Its not funny if there actually young ya goof!

This fight confirmed she needs more time than they're going to give her to take on the likes of Joanna or Valentina. I liked her fight, and hope she sticks around for a while, but her defense is in need of some serious work.

i think if you look at where Rose was at that age (she was 21 on TuF I think), I think she is behind where she was. Rose had a solid ground game at that age, her striking wasnt great but her movement was very good. (Her striking and timing has really improved)

Maycee doesnt have the movement and awareness of space and what the opponent is doing and she doesnt have a ground game that weve seen. But she hits hard.

Honestly I think shes at a very similar level to what PVZ was when she started out.

If she was able to stay at strawweight she could do well, and theres a lot of matchups for her to gain exerience, at 125lb its going to be a lot harder. There really arent that many easy fights. Rachael Ostovich maybe, but shes going to struggle right now against any of the top 15

Back