Everyone who's counting Nick out is forgetting.....

Ben was out as well early in the fight. The ref was not being consistent and obviously wanted Ben to win.
You may have a point. From the tv viewers vantage point, it did look like he may have been out, but the difference is he could see Ben's face which gave him another indicator to judge by. That being the case, the right thing to do would be to give the ref the benefit of the doubt that he had a reason to let Ben continue when he was hurt.

AC's should change the rules and require ref to grab unconscious fighter by the cup and wiggle it to see if out cold.
lol...or they could do like in pro rasslin and lift their hand and drop it three times.

His arms dropped like he got shot by a sniper..

Out cold

again watch it again. Homie he put his arm down and was chilling. cant go out cold when you dont even have your arms arund the neck.

Dude Nick looks like a grandpa, and almost has love handles.
More significant to me is just the way he moves. He sort of reminds me of Muhammed Ali before his Parkinson's got real bad. He turns his body and head slow when he's walking or just when he's turning his head, almost like he's in a dream state. It could be nothing, but it bothers me a little.

Yeah the way his hand slipped off the head made it confusing, it isn't the same as someone tapping the mat but I guess the way it looked when it dropped. Herb should've checked the arm first, but since the arm looked limp he figured he was out. Can't have any part of your body going limp when there is a choke on you. Ref will always stop it when that happens.
They Are supposed to check to see if you are out or at least I assume they are instead of assuming I ....... assume.....

They Are supposed to check to see if you are out or at least I assume they are instead of assuming I ....... assume.....
Yeah that's why I mentioned he should've checked the arm because it was a limp arm motion instead of a tapping motion. But I understand it from the refs point of view, any part of the body going limp during a choke is usually going to have them stop the fight. That usually means you are out or the restricted blood flow shut that part of the body off.

Hope it's a good fight, although Nick hasn't fought in seven years let alone win a fight in the past decade. Smart money would be on Lawler.

I didn't see that coming...Nick quitting because of a strike. I wonder if his nose is shattered or something. That was just odd. Nick just wanted out-of there. Probably something to do with that ol anxiety boogeyman. I dont see Nick putting himself through that again.

Back