Everyone knows I can't stand Khabib.... but there's actually people who think Aldo wins that fight?!

Khabib very well might take him down and pound him out, BUT Khabib's stand up is TERRIBLE, like Ronda level bad. Any skilled striker with KO power is a threat to him.

While I favor Khabib in this one... Sure, Jose Aldo is one of the greatest fighters of his generation. I would like to see how he does at 155, because he has some of the best striking in the world... and if we saw anything in the Johnson fight, it is that Khabib can be hit. While MJ would end up being being used to mop up the ring, the first 3 minutes of that fight showed that the Russian is clearly not comfortable on his feet... Aldo has excellent TDD (ask Frankie Edgar), and he makes you pay REPEATEDLY for attempting the TD...

Like i said, I do think the size differential would be too significant, but that is largely because I have never seen Aldo fight @ 155... if I was putting money on the table today, it would be on Khabib.. but anyone who thinks this isn't a competitive and intriguing matchup, is just fooling themselves.

I'm pretty sure most here have no clue who the fuck you are.

I'm on here more often than I should be and I don't recall seeing you before.
Who da fook is that chick??

I think sherdog moderators must ban each of this troll guys who say "Aldo have GOAT TDD", because he is not.
Who has proven to have better TDD than Aldo?

And you have to prove it. You can't assume good TDD. There's plenty of elite wrestlers, for instance Hendo, who had mediocre TDD.

Due to his elite striking, his TDD has been tested a ton, by top grapplers - and they've failed miserably by and large.

Aldo has really only been taken down when gassed, but that's a cardio issue, not a TDD issue.

Aldo has given more *proof* of TDD than anyone else in MMA history.

Jose would have a decent shot, he's a better fighter, the size advantage would not be as big as people think.

MJ was ranked everywhere lmao he just got off of a main event KO of Poirier and was ranked 6th.
Probably ranked 6 by the UFC?
The objective promitional rankings?

I like Khabib. He is like a small Fedor without the striking, but he needs a few more fights to see if he is AS good AS he looks.

You're crazy, this is a highly interesting fight.

When a champion like Aldo wants to go up in weight class to face a beast you say "thank you" and beg for another.

Sherdogs ranking maker dont likes Kabib they put him behind Eddie Alvarez in rankings.
Hes a Muslim thats all, thats why nearly every "Expert" told before "Johnson will TKO him".
And they will say it again and again because they wanna see Khabib loose.

Thats it simple.

How can he keep him @ distance? Like I'm asking a legit question, I wanna know how you think Aldo succeeds trying to keep Khabib @ bay when men his own size haven't been able to

This wouldn't be about Aldo matching Khabib's strength and wrestling. Have you seen Machida vs Ortiz? Or Holm vs Rousey? A mobile striker with great TD defense is extremely hard for a wrestler to even line up for an attempt.

And Aldo is slippery as fuck even if you do grab a hold of him.

I don't know how this fight would go, honestly. But it's far from a lock for Khabib, IMO.

Worst post ever, obviously never watched an Aldo fight, he's almost. Impossible to take down, Khabib is amazing but it's not like he's three levels above everyone and will rag doll Aldo lol. If Khabib can't take him down which is a real possibility he gets starched on the feet, that's why people give Aldo a chance.

In fact the first time Khabib comes against a wall of an opponent it'll show how one dimensional he is, and everyone will say he's overated, sherdog 101.

Who has proven to have better TDD than Aldo?

And you have to prove it. You can't assume good TDD. There's plenty of elite wrestlers, for instance Hendo, who had mediocre TDD.

Due to his elite striking, his TDD has been tested a ton, by top grapplers - and they've failed miserably by and large.

Aldo has really only been taken down when gassed, but that's a cardio issue, not a TDD issue.

Aldo has given more *proof* of TDD than anyone else in MMA history.
A lot of bla-bla-bla. Jon have better statistically TDD and proof it vs Olympic class wrestler, not little guys like Frankie or Faber. Also Aldo was takedown by Mendes 3 times on second fight (don't understand why judges count only one of them) it doesn't look GOAT TDD.

It's an ibteresting match up, but khabib is like 3-4 inches taller and would likely be close to 20lba heavier on fight night. Aldo is a big FW, but Khabib is a huge LW. I'd favor Khabib slightly due to his size.

I'd rather see Aldo vs. Ferguson to be honest.

Don't forget Aldo was a BJJ blackbelt before he did kickboxing, he does not have to keep it on the feet.
Khabib would not be the first wrassler to get caught in a submission.

{<huh}

I keep reading how people are wondering "if Aldo's amazing TDD will hold up"

Like we aren't talking about freaking KHABIB here??????

In what world can tiny ass 5'7" Jose Aldo fend off Khabib's TD's and win the fight??

I honestly don't think its possible lol yeah yeah I know it's MMA anything can happen blah blah -- I just had to make a post about this to see how many people in one place truly believe Aldo can fend off Khabib's TD's because his TDD is "godlike" @ FW and win that fight .... by what exactly??

A poll would be cool

EDIT: I think people just hate Conor so much they wanna say they think Aldo can win that fight even with being smaller, just because they think Conor has no chance so they want that one up on McGregor I guess? lmfao Jose doesn't have Conor's power, he has less of a chance than Conor does because he can't win by anything ...

Yeah EVERYBODY knows that. Like coz you're a huge celebrity.

TS should go forget all her troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice-cream.

Aldo > Khebab.

Who gives a fuck what their rankings were at the time he beat them. They are some of the best LW's in the division, and he ran through them.
Sure. Good fighters. So is Khabib, but I still think Aldo will give him problems. Hard to say how good a guy is until he fights the very best guys. For all we know, Khabib will struggle with all the top guys. A lot of guys look great, but vs the top 5 they suddenly look not so good. HE could also be the best guy at lw, but he should beat some top guys before we get ahead of ourselves. We know that Aldo handles different styles very well.

Back