Everyone is talking about Conor's evolution with the shoulder strikes...

AndrewGolota48

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Conor used to throw his kicks more as setups with little power, but when have we seen him throw a picture perfect brutal roundhouse to the head like that?

And yes he also mandhandled the bigger Muay Thai fighter Cerrone in the clinch. It's scary that he's still evolving and improving this fast. Just imagine how far his grappling has come since the Khabib fight now that he's been focusing on it for the rematch.

How is his TDD and submission defense coming?

Conor is more evolved than Mewtwo
3954871-4702326439-d1KpH.jpg

Deoxys > Mewtwo

Edit: Pokemon Adventures manga >>>>>>> anime

Cennore is a diesel, he needs few minutes to catch the rythm.
Knowing this McGregor went for a quick finish and Cerrone acted like this was friendly sparring.
It didnt told me a lot about McGregor gas tank or tricks just that he had the good gameplan.
One point for Irish Edmond even if Cerrones weakness were pretty obvious long before this fight

He looked scary for sure. And Yeah that kick was perfect its clear he wanted to make a statement to everyone who says he's only a boxer.

I thought Conor reached his peak already but he clearly proved me wrong and is getting better. This current Conor I don't see losing for a while. I expect a lot of the other fighters who've been calling Conor out to start quieting down now.

How is his TDD and submission defense coming?
Surprised you chose those areas over cardio.

Both times he was submitted in the UFC he showed both good TDD and sub defense, but bad cardio.

Against Nate he stopped takedowns and even swept Nate. Didn't come close to getting submitted til the tide turned on the feet (primarily cardio-related) and he shot for his own takedown.

Against Khabib he stopped most takedowns. And Khabib wasn't able to do shit in round 1. It was after he was tired in rounds 2 and 4 that he got subbed.

And I don't think Conor's cardio is something that can be fixed without fundamentally changing his style. He doesn't gas because he's out of shape; he gasses because of his pressure style and the effort that goes into his precision striking game. Were he to have a different approach in those departments, he'd probably have great cardio. But that ain't gonna happen. I think he's realised that and chosen to bulk up somewhat to suit that style.

Surprised you chose those areas over cardio.

Both times he was submitted in the UFC he showed both good TDD and sub defense, but bad cardio.

Against Nate he stopped takedowns and even swept Nate. Didn't come close to getting submitted til the tide turned on the feet (primarily cardio-related) and he shot for his own takedown.

Against Khabib he stopped most takedowns. And Khabib wasn't able to do shit in round 1. It was after he was tired in rounds 2 and 4 that he got subbed.

And I don't think Conor's cardio is something that can be fixed without fundamentally changing his style. He doesn't gas because he's out of shape; he gasses because of his pressure style and the effort that goes into his precision striking game. Were he to have a different approach in those departments, he'd probably have great cardio. But that ain't gonna happen. I think he's realised that and chosen to bulk up somewhat to suit that style.

Diaz was 1 for 2 on submission attempts.
Khabib was 1 for 1 on submission attempts.
100% of Conor’s losses have been submissions.

Gee. I wonder why I picked submission defense.

He was 58% on TDD against Khabib. That is not good. He got mauled. He didn’t lose that fight because of his cardio. He lost that fight because he got taken down and mauled.

Conor showed us that he’s focused again, that’s about it.

The fight tells us more about Cerrone than it does Conor. I want to see Conor against a top guy on a winning streak before I will say anything about his skills developing

Conor used to throw his kicks more as setups with little power, but when have we seen him throw a picture perfect brutal roundhouse to the head like that?

And yes he also mandhandled the bigger Muay Thai fighter Cerrone in the clinch. It's scary that he's still evolving and improving this fast. Just imagine how far his grappling has come since the Khabib fight now that he's been focusing on it for the rematch.
Not sure those shoulder strikes would work in a real fight

Didn't Jones do those shoulder strikes first?

That left high kick wouldn't have hurt that much. Its much easier taking a foot to the face than a shin. A shin would have put Cowboy to sleep.

Cennore is a diesel, he needs few minutes to catch the rythm.
Knowing this McGregor went for a quick finish and Cerrone acted like this was friendly sparring.
It didnt told me a lot about McGregor gas tank or tricks just that he had the good gameplan.
One point for Irish Edmond even if Cerrones weakness were pretty obvious long before this fight
How i know ur slow: Irish Edmund, calling ceronne a diesel. Bmw/audi/vw all have diesel cars so u have any point or?

I’m not a Conor fan, but you’re right about the first part. I was calling for Cerrone to work the clinch game, and Cerrone ended up getting owned in the clinch. As far as the grappling, there’s no way for Conor to bridge the gap between himself and Khabib. There just isn’t. Conor gets owned in the rematch, same as he did the first time.

Back