Everyone is forgetting one important thing....

Pretty sure no one forgot about that Hamill fight but whatever. IMO Fedor's career is still more glorious and successful. Jones is getting close though.

The difference is that Jones has finished every middleweight he has ever faced. Fedor got finished by a middleweight older than himself.

No one is forgetting this.. There was like a 30 page thread on it 2 days ago.. If not yesterday.

Nostalgia kind of clouds a lot of people in their proclamation that Fedor remains the GOAT to this day. If you look at quality of competition, I believe Jones may be within a couple years of being the GOAT. Or he'll just stop short of it. He'll definitely be remembered as an anomaly of a fighter who's success in the octagon and the manner that the success was achieved will not soon be duplicated.

But for now, people are too worried about what he tweets and what he posts on Instagram I really ponder his stake in a place with the all time greats.

I will never get this Sherdog fascination with Fedor...

Jon Jones has never really lost a fight.

The L from his disqualification against Hamill was BS.

Jones is the closest thing to Fedor we have seen in a while.

no one's forgotten that. we all know that. thanks for nothing.

I don't think so. I think prime Fedor would not have gassed like DC and had stronger punches. I would still take Fedor for now. In a few years, who knows.

Prime Fedor loses to DC tbh. Their cardio is about equal, and DC's clinch wrestling >>> Fedor sambo

How can anyone say he is greater than Fedor? The only high caliber fights he has won were Lyota and Cormier. Fedor beat all of the best while they were in their prime.

Fedor beat high caliber fighters like pro wrestling legends Yuju Nagata and Naoya Ogawa, Zuluzinho (who got submitted by Butterbean) middleweight fighter Matt Lindland, Tim Sylvia, Brett Rogers, Mark Coleman who was passed his prime and Choi Hong Man, I'm sure I'm missing more.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Fedor but people have blinders when it comes to the guy. Fedor had his fair share of gimme and freak show fights in Pride.

Jones fights who's in front of him and with the exception of Chael everyone he fought were considered top contenders to the title, were former champions and they all fought at Light Heavyweight prior. So either the division was totally overrated and shitty before his arrival when they were all playing hot potato with the title or Jones is that much better.

Fedor is the closest thing to JBJ in history. At this point and time, Jon Jones has not only surpassed Fedor at 27, but also Fedor's all time achievements. The closest thing Jon Jones has to Choi Hong Man on his record is Chael or Vitor, both elite middleweights and guys who had fought at LHW before (Vitor won the UFC belt). Those are the joke matches of his career.

what exactly is bs about it? he threw intentional illegal strikes that landed and hurt his opponent.

the loss is what it is. if it were a win, i dont see how it really changes anything about jones's legacy.

What about the part where Hamil said he didnt realize what the ref was saying. Hamil was trying to tell the ref he couldnt continue because his shoudler was dislocated. It had nothing to do with the elbow

How is ANYONE forgetting this? They mentioned it DURING the PPV twice

The DQ wasn't bullshit. He blatantly broke the rules. He hasn't "lost" a fight in a conventional sense but he did blow the fight and he has to wear it. Which is why after all the lobbying Dana and co. have done to get it switched to a NC have been fruitless, it was the right call. It's a shame newer fans have to be reminded that it's not a loss type loss everytime the guy fights, but DQ's=L's.

The DQ wasn't bullshit. He blatantly broke the rules. He hasn't "lost" a fight in a conventional sense but he did blow the fight and he has to wear it. Which is why after all the lobbying Dana and co. have done to get it switched to a NC have been fruitless, it was the right call. It's a shame newer fans have to be reminded that it's not a loss type loss, but DQ's=L's.

Yeah, there is a great deal of difference between a loss and being beaten. Jones lost by DQ, no one denies that. Diaz' KO of Gomi doesn't disappear just because the fight was overturned, he still beat Gomi up, just like Jones beat up Hamill, but was DQ'd. All loses are not equal.

Fedor fought at heavyweight where anyone can be knocked out at any time. That's what makes his accomplishments so interesting. Yeah, Fedor's record has some dumb spots on there, but his crushing of two very different styles in Nog and CroCop kinda show you that his talent range was astronomical.

Back