Everyone in the know is picking DC

Ive thought Cormier is the black mma jesus for since forever, and Im not thinking differently today.

Just so you know, if u take your new found knowledge and apply it to the argument, you agree with me

I have no clue what youre blabbing about. Scroll back and you will see that your research project leads you to agreeing with me. Someone said the lines are set with jones as a favorite. The fact that jones is highly regarded, more famous, the x time defending champ, and DC is fat puts a lot of dumb money on jones. Of course the lines are going to have jones as a sizeable favorite for the reasons you finally learned. The guy i was aruing against was basically saying, no these guys are experts and they have analysts rating the fighters. They arent in the business of losing money. This is a clear demonstration of not undestanding....as you have recently learned

Now the smart money comes in and so the bookies move the lines to protect themselves

Dude its cute and all that youre still pretending like you didnt go and research all tis after initially pretending you knew but just give it a rest. Refuse to answer multiple times, give a retarded "to maximize profit line", then finally come back over an hour later. At least u got heart, the other goofballs pretended they knew and just left none the wiser. At least you learned something

Hello,
In one of your posts you used the word "skewed" re bet lines, I guess you know what the skew is when related to finance?

Who is everyone? People keep saying DC will beta Jones,but no one has said it how he can do it. In reality his chances are very limited. DC only chance is to take Jones down (big if) and stay on top of him for 5 rounds. Jones can beat DC on any number of ways, KO, sub TKO and GnP. I can't see DC winning this fight.

Hello,
In one of your posts you used the word "skewed" re bet lines, I guess you know what the skew is when related to finance?

Its probably different than when mentioning a skew when talking about clothing also

I make a dozen posts with a shit ton of words, ideas, and typos.... And skewed is what you take issue with?

And yeah, do you not get that jones being well known as one of the best ever and dc being far less known and fat moves or "skews" (as I recklessly put it) the lines. U need a lesson on how betting lines work also or is the term skew just chapped your ass?

Just so you know, if u take your new found knowledge and apply it to the argument, you agree with me

I have no clue what youre blabbing about. Scroll back and you will see that your research project leads you to agreeing with me. Someone said the lines are set with jones as a favorite. The fact that jones is highly regarded, more famous, the x time defending champ, and DC is fat puts a lot of dumb money on jones. Of course the lines are going to have jones as a sizeable favorite for the reasons you finally learned. The guy i was aruing against was basically saying, no these guys are experts and they have analysts rating the fighters. They arent in the business of losing money. This is a clear demonstration of not undestanding....as you have recently learned

Now the smart money comes in and so the bookies move the lines to protect themselves

Dude its cute and all that youre still pretending like you didnt go and research all tis after initially pretending you knew but just give it a rest. Refuse to answer multiple times, give a retarded "to maximize profit line", then finally come back over an hour later. At least u got heart, the other goofballs pretended they knew and just left none the wiser. At least you learned something

The odds both opened with Jones as a favorite and are closing with Jones as a favorite. They moved after opening but never away from Jones being the favorite. They just moved closer to DC with some fluctuations in between. Maybe this is what is confusing you.

Original post: Jones remains the betting favorite. Vegas tends to be in the know.

Response: nothing to do with vegas. That just means most the casual fans are betting on the champ because they never heard of cormier

Yolandacool's response to that, paraphrasing: that doesn't matter because it opened with Jones as a favorite. Bookies are "in the know" so that they can make money.

You: Durr, I know exactly what I'm talking about even though I can't interpret what you just said or offer any explanation to indicate just how confused I am!

Yolandacool's point is that, even if people are betting Jones because he is well known, it doesn't really sway the issue. The person he was responding to was saying essentially that the odds were being swayed by popular voting and are therefore not indicative of someone "in the know." The fact that it OPENED with Jones as a favorite makes the point about people betting on Jones or DC after the fact moot and you have to fall back on the position of whether or not the bookies set the betting lines at close to the actual odds to open betting which they tend to do for obvious reasons.

And you aren't winning any points with your unfounded mockery. I at this point suspect that you have a flawed understanding of the process even now. Or perhaps you have just been lost in the sauce from the beginning. As I suspected, offering you an explanation by jumping through your stupid hoops was a waste time. That is why the fuck I refused in the first place. This is beyond stupid at this point Are you just getting off by trolling me or is this really the extent of your mind?

Its probably different than when mentioning a skew when talking about clothing also

I make a dozen posts with a shit ton of words, ideas, and typos.... And skewed is what you take issue with?

You seem to want everybody who has replied to you to learn something today. I thought you could learn something as well. The betting lines are controlled by market makers i.e. traders, similarly to the stock market for example. Skew in that context has a very specific meaning. I let you google it.

Without nitpicking this is correct. Unnecessarily long winded but correct. Judging by how long it took you to come up with this its pretty obvious you went and looked it up. At least you know now

If you scroll back you will see that the post in question is wrong. The vagas odds are set for the reasons stated, bets. Its not some grand wisdom and its not even trying to be. The lines are related to odds but not a refection, especially in high profile events. Guys like jones, conor, and ronda will have a skewed line....which is exactly what this discusssion is about.

If you jump in to the discussion its up to you to figure out what people are referring to. Do you even know what post was being discussed?

Pretty funny you went and researched all that to just pretend you knew all along. Totally transparent

damn, dude. i've always respected you as a poster (not that you really care what i think), but your stubbornness in this thread made you look really bad. even when you know you're wrong, you're still not willing to admit where you were at fault?

The odds both opened with Jones as a favorite and are closing with Jones as a favorite. They moved after opening but never away from Jones being the favorite. They just moved closer to DC with some fluctuations in between. Maybe this is what is confusing you.

Original post: Jones remains the betting favorite. Vegas tends to be in the know.

Response: nothing to do with vegas. That just means most the casual fans are betting on the champ because they never heard of cormier

Yolandacool's response to that, paraphrasing: that doesn't matter because it opened with Jones as a favorite. Bookies are "in the know" so that they can make money.

You: Durr, I know exactly what I'm talking about even though I can't interpret what you just said or offer any explanation to indicate just how confused I am!

Yolandacool's point is that, even if people are betting Jones because he is well known, it doesn't really sway the issue. The person he was responding to was saying essentially that the odds were being swayed by popular voting and are therefore not indicative of someone "in the know." The fact that it OPENED with Jones as a favorite makes the point about people betting on Jones or DC after the fact moot and you have to fall back on the position of whether or not the bookies set the betting lines at close to the actual odds to open betting which they tend to do for obvious reasons.

And you aren't winning any points with your unfounded mockery. I at this point suspect that you have a flawed understanding of the process even now. Or perhaps you have just been lost in the sauce from the beginning. As I suspected, offering you an explanation by jumping through your stupid hoops was a waste time. That is why the fuck I refused in the first place. This is beyond stupid at this point Are you just getting off by trolling me or is this really the extent of your mind?

The fact that u still dont know where this started is funny

The fact that after all your research you still dont understand that the opening lines are quite obviously going to start with jones as a bigger favourite then move closer highlights what a tryhard bozo you are. i thought you figured this out. Stop with your nonsense. This isnt a matter of opinion. Your jibbber jabber about opening lines is misinformed to put it midly

Whats beyond stupid is you went to the trouble of researching all of this to pretend you already knew. Now youre trying so hard to argue with me youre contradicting your new found knowledge

Lines are set with the intention of receiving a balanced amount of bets. This is very true for opening lines. As in most cases a star like jones is more heavily favored in the lines to manage the bets. The smart money sees the gap in a lot of cases and the lines move to manage the shift in bets

Stop trying so hard. Just be happy you almost learned about betting lines

damn, dude. i've always respected you as a poster (not that you really care what i think), but your stubbornness in this thread made you look really bad. even when you know you're wrong, you're still not willing to admit where you were at fault?

Dude im 100% right

This isnt opinion, its fact

Its shocking how something like bookies setting odds is somehow complicated around here. I mean if stating basic facts and standing by them makes me stubborn then im guilty

Well Vegas and the bookies are leaning towards Jones but what do they know. Sherdog probably has it right like they always do.

Well Vegas and the bookies are leaning towards Jones but what do they know. Sherdog probably has it right like they always do.

For

The

Love

Of

Science

Lol can someone else help this guy?

The fact that u still dont know where this started is funny

The fact that after all your research you still dont understand that the opening lines are quite obviously going to start with jones as a bigger favourite then move closer highlights what a tryhard bozo you are. i thought you figured this out. Stop with your nonsense. This isnt a matter of opinion. Your jibbber jabber about opening lines is misinformed to put it midly

Whats beyond stupid is you went to the trouble of researching all of this to pretend you already knew. Now youre trying so hard to argue with me youre contradicting your new found knowledge

Lines are set with the intention of receiving a balanced amount of bets. This is very true for opening lines. As in most cases a star like jones is more heavily favored in the lines to manage the bets. The smart money sees the gap in a lot of cases and the lines move to manage the shift in bets

Stop trying so hard. Just be happy you almost learned about betting lines

No, you don't know where this started. Maybe you should go back and read again. I might be able to muster a pittance of respect for you if you did. And the whole issue is whether opening lines are indicative of actual odds, at least more so than some random fan or where the odds end up, and they are.

Greg Jackson's in the know and I'm pretty sure he's picking Jones. This entire thread is a gross oversimplification.

Dude im 100% right

This isnt opinion, its fact

Its shocking how something like bookies setting odds is somehow complicated around here. I mean if stating basic facts and standing by them makes me stubborn then im guilty

Haha, everyone knows you were on the wrong page and are now grandstanding on something irrelevant that basically no one didn't already understand.

No, you don't know where this started. Maybe you should go back and read again. I might be able to muster a pittance of respect for you if you did. And the whole issue is whether opening lines are indicative of actual odds, at least more so than some random fan or where the odds end up, and they are.

Ummmm you joined in after the fact and have falsley claimed a number of times that you know or understand where it started and what u jumped in to

Now if u want to accomplish something go back and figure out why your comments about opening lines are feeble in light of your new found resaerch on betting lines. Dont give up now, youve come along way and almost learned something

Haha, everyone knows you were on the wrong page and are now grandstanding on something irrelevant that basically no one didn't already understand.

Dude your last post about opening lines is in fact a clear demonstration you still dont understand. Again this isnt a matter of opinion. Figure it out superstar

Are you even able to articulate why or how his post is totally off yet?

Apparently you think that the bookies are routinely setting opening lines to be wildly different than what they believe the actual odds to be? :icon_lol:

Ummmm you joined in after the fact and have falsley claimed a number of times that you know or understand where it started and what u jumped in to

Now if u want to accomplish something go back and figure out why your comments about opening lines are feeble in light of your new found resaerch on betting lines. Dont give up now, youve come along way and almost learned something

I read the thread before I responded, certainly in the chain of posts I responded to. Try it some time. Might end up wasting fewer people's time with your shenanigans.

Back