Everyone in the know is picking DC

7th seems to understand while you do not. instead of pretending you know for sure just look it up bro

You really don't know how it works do you?

The punters will plunge the initial line. No sporting even or race opens at odds determined by the betting public. There has to be a line to work off. This is common sense.

I.e: The line is determined by the public after the initial odds are created.

You really don't know how it works do you?

The punters will plunge the initial line. No sporting even or race opens at odds determine by the betting public. There has to be a line to work off. This is common sense.

i told you to stop pretending you know. stop pretending you know. just look it up bro. we all know someone has to set a line. everything you've said about it makes it clear you dont understand how or why though

just look it up bro

i told you to stop pretending you know. stop pretending you know. just look it up bro. we all know someone has to set a line. everything you've said about it makes it clear you dont understand how or why though

just look it up bro

I was being polite. Now you can understand what you thought you knew.

"There are a team of people employed by any bookmaker, usually referred to as Traders, Risk Analysts or Odds Compilers. Their job is to produce odds that closely represent the chance of an occurrence"

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3049/as...7/ask-the-bookie-how-are-betting-odds-created

"There are a team of people employed by any bookmaker, usually referred to as Traders, Risk Analysts or Odds Compilers. Their job is to produce odds that closely represent the chance of an occurrence"

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3049/as...7/ask-the-bookie-how-are-betting-odds-created

you googled it, pretended you knew all along, and are still making comments that demonstrate you dont understand

your response to 7th shows you dont understand. every subsequent response youve made along with edits still demonstrate a lack of understanding

nothing wrong with not knowing, just dont pretend like you do

you googled it, pretended you knew all along, and are still making comments that demonstrate you dont understand

your response to 7th shows you dont understand. every subsequent response youve made along with edits still demonstrate a lack of understanding

nothing wrong with not know, just dont pretend like you do

Is this the twilight zone lol? I just proved you wrong.

You [Or some other poster] said that the public sets the odds. I said they are initially created by the bookmaker. This is like arguing that the earth is flat.

nothing to do with vegas. That just means most the casual fans are betting on the champ because they never heard of cormier

The line fluctuates but it's originally set by the booking agencies. They aren't in the business of losing money.

this is a clear demonstration you dont understand. you quoted and responded to this guy and it shows a complete failure to understand odds

im glad you understand that theres odds makers. thats a great start

dont bother arguing with the dude he clearly has know idea how odds and punting works, people like him line the pockets of the bookies

dont bother arguing with the dude he clearly has know idea how odds and punting works, people like him line the pockets of the bookies

lol it sounds like you dont understand either

im fully aware of how odds are set and how they are designed to line the pockets of bookies and minimize their risk/liability

backing this guys statements demonstrates you dont seem to get it either

this is a clear demonstration you dont understand. you quoted and responded to this guy and it shows a complete failure to understand odds

im glad you understand that theres odds makers. thats a great start

His comment was - "All this means is that the mainstream public know Cormier"

My response was "the line will fluctuate but the odds are initially set by the bookmaker".

The reason his post is incorrect is because the line has 'opened' with Bones as favourite. Every booking making company: Ladbrokes, Sportingbet, Bet365 etc will employ people who make an educated guess on the line.

If the line has moved 'further' in favour of Bones than that is an indication that a.) 'Maybe' the betting public know Jones better or b.) Those betting [And casuals don't normally bet on MMA] feel Bones is the superior choice.

I think you must be trolling because you can't possibly be this daft.

lol it sounds like you dont understand either

im fully aware of how odds are set and how they are designed to line the pockets of bookies and minimize their risk/liability

backing this guys statements demonstrates you dont seem to get it either

you want it to be one way but its the other way

His comment was - "All this means is that the mainstream public know Cormier"

My response was "the line will fluctuate but the odds are initially set by the bookmaker".

The reason his post is incorrect is because the line has 'opened' with Bones as favourite. Every booking making company: Ladbrokes, Sportingbet, Bet365 etc will employ people who make an educated guess on the line.

If the line has moved 'further' in favour of Bones than that is an indication that a.) 'Maybe' the betting public know Jones better or b.) Those betting [And casuals don't normally bet on MMA] feel Bones is the superior choice.

I think you must be trolling because you can't possibly be this daft.

you want it to be one way but its the other way
do you agree with the above post?

because its just another demonstration that neither of you get it lol

oh boy you guys are funny. stop acting like you know when youre clearly missing how things work. or at best havent come within a light year of demonstrating you understand

i'll help you out

what is the precise reason for setting the line?

what is the precise reason for moving the line?

I think I'm getting trolled to be honest lol.

just realised youre a kiwi brew, ANZAC brothers. im gonna put the cuds to beard kick back with a sucks peck beer, maybe cook up some fitter cheney for tea, lifes good

These lines need to keep fluctuating soon jones will be at even money and people will make a killing lol. Nah the sharps will come in and make jones line move up

This reminds me of when all the people who were hyping Cain Velasquez before he got the belt.

DC will out class Jones folks. History will be made.

Nah.

Who can be said to be in the know except the people that were right, after the fact? Hindsight and all that.

oh boy you guys are funny. stop acting like you know when youre clearly missing how things work. or at best havent come within a light year of demonstrating you understand

i'll help you out

im over it bro too tired to argue, peace

i'll help you out

No. You are wrong and you are embarrassing yourself with how stridently you insist on being wrong. Maybe you just can't understand what was being discussed? Maybe you misinterpreted what was being said? Yolandacool was correct at every step. Honestly, your objection isn't even clear. You just keep contradicting rather than attempting to make sense. Maybe you are trolling. I'm not sure the alternative isn't worse.

Back