everyone has their own thing with fat loss etc

milkcarton

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I understand everyones body reacts differently, I've definately heard some odd ways people have cut weight etc (diet wise).

Interested in hearing your weight cutting habits, or weight loss routines etc.

I'll start with mine:

Breakfast - oats with fruit

Lunch - brown rice w/ green veg w/ 1x can tuna

Dinner - steamed chicken w/ green veg or salad

Snacks - nuts, fruit etc

Run before breakfast (don't eat before, only drink water)

Training - standard mt training, pads, sparring, clinching, bag rounds, etc

When cutting weight I just go on veg and a can of tuna, worked for me? but I think theres kinks in the way I did it.

I went from 190 to 160 lbs in 3 months with the following diet:

6:45 AM: 3 egg ham n' cheese omelette, 2-3 cups of coffee with whey

9:00 AM: handful of almonds

11:00 AM: large fuji apple

1:00 PM: iceberg chef salad with a little bit of ranch

5:30 PM: Ate whatever for dinner, just a smaller portion. Normally some sort of meat, pasta or potato, and a green veggie. Examples would be spaghetti (diced peppers in there, salmon over linguine with broccoli, pork chop + baked potato with broccoli, etc.)

9:00 PM: Smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, 1/2 banana, berries, greens powder, scoop of whey)

It blows my mind that so many people think they need to eat exactly the same shit or do something so drastic to lose weight. Calories in vs. Calories out. You can still eat normal food and don't have to just eat cans of tuna all day.

I usually have a balanced diet when i'm not cutting weight, plenty of fruit and veggies, lean chicken,salmon,rice milk, shreddies etc but when i want to cut i go on the metabolic diet. less than 30g of carbs a day, all from veggies pretty much, no fruit and lots of good fats, nuts, macadamias and steamed chicken but on the weekend i bump up the carbs to 50% until i start to smooth over as per instructions, and then hit the low carbs again.

Works for me (was 265, currently 217.8lbs)

Back