Everyone Has Their Opinion Of The Best- But…

Is there really such a thing as "cleaning out a division"?

I don't even know if MM is at that point of "cleaning out his division" yet. He still haven't faced anyone like Smolka.
We'll he's cleaned out the UFC division since there's so few fighters on the roster. He has 10 flyweight victories and there's only 33 fighters on the roster.

IMO it's impossible to clean out a division like LW or WW that has 100+ fighters in it. Someone on a roster that large has the style to beat you.

Rocky Balboa and I don't give a fuck about what you think about it.

latest

Rocky avenging his loss to clubber Lang does put him as goat.

Like Arm Barbarian said...

GSP.
ha GSP retired after he got beat by Hendricks and looked dominant in a weaker division. WW division is way better now than it was when GSP was dry humping his way to victories.

When someone sweeps your leg, but you still win the tournament with a crane kick then you're the best around and nothing's ever going to keep you down.

ha GSP retired after he got beat by Hendricks and looked dominant in a weaker division. WW division is way better now than it was when GSP was dry humping his way to victories.
GSP didn't get beat by Hendricks, Hendricks fought the best fight of his life but still lost. The WW division is not way better now, as Condit (who also lost to GSP) is at least on a par with the current champ and current contenders. You just don't appreciate technical style because your only interest is level of violence.

2 things that cause confusion in these subjects.

1. Semantics. Make sure you're responsing to a person's meaning, not just the words they used to communicate.

2. Lack of attention to detail. Be specific. People often dont even know what theyre saying half the time

Finishes + Resume + Title Reign. Who have they beaten? How quickly/easily did they finish them.

you can't ever know for sure, because no one faces the same guys, and there are always emerging fighters who could beat a lot of the top fighters. it's all subjective an opinion-based, which is why rankings are bullshit, and i still don't know why the ufc implemented them to begin with.

Back