everyone has a right to a rapid rematch. But not GUS when its Jones.

I made your point by countering it with the facts and proving you were trolling/lying or ignorant? OK.

There has been a lot of top ranked fighters that have pulled out against Gustafsson or said that they'd fight him and didn't... Rashad is one of them, Lil Nog is another, on more than one occasion with Lil Nog. He would've whooped them both because they both have absolutely nothing for him. Does it matter now? No. Gustafsson is still the #2 ranked LHW in the world and he's coming for the title after he beats Rumble, and he will.

When this happens I will contact you and tell you that I "told you so". :cool:
I'll be laughing when rumble stomps gus :)

They were going to have the rematch. Alex withdrew with a knee injury, that's why Jones fought DC.

Yup. This here TS.

Gus could have rode it out and waited for Jones after he was done with DC, too. He was encouraged to take a fight, but the option was open to him just to wait. The trouble is, that was too risky because, like you say, instant rematches are where it's at in the UFC.

:rolleyes: Get on your real account troll. Shogun = Top 10, was #5 or #6 when Gus beat him. Manuwa was fringe Top 10, #9-#11 by most media at the time when Gus beat him. Thiago Silva was a Top 10 skilled opponent when Gus beat him, he was just removed from the Top 10 lists due to inactivity for being suspended. Jones was/is the #1 ranked LHW in the world and ranked #1 P4P when Gus arguably beat him, and many fans believe that he did.

Zero Top 10 wins you say? :icon_lol: I bit your troll bait in case anybody is dumb enough to believe it and try to spout it themselves.

All that text to prove that Gus has one top 10 win.

Unless I'm mistaken, all recent rematches have been either when the belt changed hands (new champion crowned, former champion gets immediate rematch) with a really close fight, or the losing challenger had to win a fight again first.

What's the problem? Gus is not a former champ, and had a "gimme" fight to get another shot. How is this different than Silva with his fight against Diaz?

Has a champ who won ever had to do an immediate rematch? I know when the champ loses in a close fight there is usually an immediate rematch like Penn-Edgar and Silva-Weidman. I think they did the usual 1 fight then rematch but Gus got "injured".

Unless I'm mistaken, all recent rematches have been either when the belt changed hands (new champion crowned, former champion gets immediate rematch) with a really close fight, or the losing challenger had to win a fight again first.

What's the problem? Gus is not a former champ, and had a "gimme" fight to get another shot. How is this different than Silva with his fight against Diaz?

Machida/shogun

Hendricks fought for the title after gsp loss and randy fought rizzo iirc
Cant belive jones fans wont even admit gus deserved rematch

Has a challenger ever been given an immediate rematch for the title after losing the first bout, in the history of UFC?

Has a challenger ever been given an immediate rematch for the title after losing the first bout, in the history of UFC?

Yes,shogun,rizzo and hendricks(not a rematch)

Yes,shogun,rizzo and hendricks(not a rematch)

OK, even if I agree with your 2 examples (Hendricks is in no way the same), that's still only 2 times it has happened, vs the more frequent amount of times that the rematch is delayed by a fight. It hasn't been done in 6 years now, and that last time was not just a controversial decision, but the single most disputed decision at that time, if not ever.

Gus vs Bones was close, but not as close as Hendricks vs GSP was which happened in the same year, or as close as the amount of fights Edgar earned rematches from. It doesn't compare to Shogun/Machida at all, and I really don't remember the circumstances of Rizzo/Couture since it was almost 14 years ago.

I wanted the Gus fight more than a Cormier fight. I don't think Cormier deserved his title shot as much as Gus. I like Gus more than 95% of the LHW and hope he is the guy to beat Jones, if anyone can. But Gus didn't reserve an automatic rematch.

Yeah, just like if any other fighter tested positive for cocaine and looked to be using PEDs they would have done been permanently banned from the organization.

The lack of consistency in punishment and favoritism is disgusting, and literally killing the UFC brand.

Who is Melvin gulliard?

Pretty sure no one cares at the UFC if someone does drugs, as long as it doesn't make it an NC. Several times.

OK, even if I agree with your 2 examples (Hendricks is in no way the same), that's still only 2 times it has happened, vs the more frequent amount of times that the rematch is delayed by a fight. It hasn't been done in 6 years now, and that last time was not just a controversial decision, but the single most disputed decision at that time, if not ever.

Gus vs Bones was close, but not as close as Hendricks vs GSP was which happened in the same year, or as close as the amount of fights Edgar earned rematches from. It doesn't compare to Shogun/Machida at all, and I really don't remember the circumstances of Rizzo/Couture since it was almost 14 years ago.

I wanted the Gus fight more than a Cormier fight. I don't think Cormier deserved his title shot as much as Gus. I like Gus more than 95% of the LHW and hope he is the guy to beat Jones, if anyone can. But Gus didn't reserve an automatic rematch.

It was as close as gsp/hendricks and closer than edgar/bendo1(i know,i know.. fe was champ)
It was closest jones fight ever and rematch would be big money fight and fair thing to do
Glover was also on a streak,so i understand why gus didnt get title shot.
Dc only had 2 fights at lhw,but was dominant at hw and gus was hurt
Rory should be n1 contender at ww,not hendricks

I wasn't aware that Gus was a former champ, like the rest of your list.

Back