Everybody I know is Uber driver now.. it's everywhere!

hearthstone25

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Uber is EVERY FRIGGIN WHERE! it's kind of freaky. All my radio stations advertise it. Commercials on TV. Ufc pay per view sponser. It's all over any job looking sites. Etcetc All my friends are Uber now. I'm just wondering if anybody else is freaked out about the Uber takeover? Im working my 9 -5 job while everybody else is like why don't you just do Uber? They say No schedule, good pay, blah blah blah.. I don't want to become part of the Uber zombie army. Uber is evil I tell ya.. EVIL! There's gotta be some downside. Why is Uber so easy and high pay? How is it advertising everywhere? Uber are some rich mofos.. anybody else on the anti Uber train?

My neighbor used to drive a cab and his boss had him drive for Uber to see what it was all about for him. Neighbor ended up quitting the cab company and now just drives for Uber lol

it's kinda sad..... but if you're willing to drive me around for cheaper, then that's good for me

edit: btw, it's junk pay, whoever says otherwise is lying

I don't know about the driving, but for riding it's a great service.

Don't think it's worth driving for them because there's too many drivers now but as a passenger it's far better than using a taxi for $3 per mile.

One of my best friend's been doing Uber for a year now.

If you get in an accident without livery insurance your insurance will find out, drop you, and no one other insurance will insure you.

I've heard that factoring expenses, they don't make much money. The structure of it makes it seem like easy money, but it factors out to really low pay after you subtract gas and added ownership cost.

A few of my friends do it as a second job because of the flexibility, which I get. Even a little extra pay without shift commitments is enticing. Probably not viable as a primary source of income though. One guy I know got fired for having his car constantly smell like weed, even though it's legal here now. No word yet how he likes driving for lyft.

It's good for supplemental income or to do part time (like if you literally just work Friday+Saturday for the bar/club rushes). But it's hard to grind it out as a full time thing.

At least according to this one Uber driver I spoke with about it.

my BIL was doing having a hard time at work, and said fuck it, I'm doing Uber.

he quits his job, like 12-14 an hour, and starts Uber. Tells everyone, it's such a good job..... starts driving everywhere, finds out that gas is kind of expensive. Ends up sitting far from home, waiting for more jobs, sometimes just goes home and eats the loss of gas. Gets into accident, and out a week with no car and 1K deductible. Works like a while before he can even pay off his deductible, goes for a few more weeks, and boom, another accident. He was having lunch during his uber break, some truck does a hit and run on his vehicle...... another 1K deductible.... ends up another week off for repair..... lmfao, not sure he even made a profit, so he went back to poor paying manufacturing job, well, he gets like 18 an hour now, so not the end of the world, but considerably better than Uber.

Sounds like Uber is killing one of the best immigrant jobs.

Go, job market.

Lyft driver was telling me he prefers to drive for them as opposed to Uber based on an incentive that waives certain driver fees if a designated number of rides are given per week. Can't remember the exact numbers but he said it was a significant advantage over driving for Uber.

Lyft driver was telling me he prefers to drive for them as opposed to Uber based on an incentive that waives certain driver fees if a designated number of rides are given per week. Can't remember the exact numbers but he said it was a significant advantage over driving for Uber.

I've noticed a lot of my drivers have both driver apps on their phones, anyone know if you can drive for both and be on call for either at a given time?

I'm a driver over here in Sydney Australia. The rates are pretty good here, I average around $50 an hour.

The drivers here in Portland tell me lyft is better.

I drive for uber once every 2-3 months when I am bored . I have done a few rides. Drivers like lyft better because you tip on that app.

Most people use both and take whatever calls come in .

Back