Everybody call it now - who would/will win between JBJ & DC, and how?

Should be a great matchup. Two monsters in the cage. Lets see how Jones does against AG. If Jones finishes Gus this DC match becomes even more intriguing.

really interesting match. i'd slightly favour Jones to find a way to evade takedowns or attacking with sub attemps from the back which is helping him get back to his feet. after round 2 DC will get frustrated and jones picks him apart with his striking for an ud win.

DC needs to hone his striking set up footwork a la Cruz/Dillashaw/Gustuffson and striking itself to blend with his current attributes and then he'll really have odds in his favor. Jones can easily pick him apart if he doesnt do that and even worse if hes able to stifle more takedowns than DC can finish. I still think Cormier can win as is with his pace and wrestling skill but its not a sure thing as it would beif he got more crisp in his standup.

DC will beat Jones. He will outpower him in the clinch by being naturally stronger, and he will outstrike him (faster hands, and faster in general). Jones won't take DC down, he's too strong and too short (lower center of gravity).

Jones' flashy moves (or desperate, like that elbow in the Gus fight) won't be enough to beat DC

I see a UD for Cormier, and Jones looking like that, but worse:

f-aad5c_9538344d800168b5a.gif

Not so sure I agree Cormier is faster in general than Jones. DC does have fast hands, but Jones is a really good mover and hasn't looked noticeably slower than any of his opponents except Machida.

DC will beat the shit out of him, he might have a tough time trying to get on the inside of JBJ but once he does tips and trips will be all over that boy.

Lol I am shocked at how many ppl think DC will lose to Bones. If they fight there will be much money to be made on DC based on ppl underestimating him. He trains with the best fighter on the planet and was recruited by Cain to teach him wrestling. DC beat multiple top 10 guys at a weight class ABOVE his own! Anderson Silva beat 1 top ten guy above his weight! DC rag dolled Hendo like never before seen. DC will take Jon Jones down 100 times if he wants to take him down 100 times and he won't be able to stop it. I can't wait... I predicted this years ago (DC being the best fighter in MMA)

Jones by decision. I can't see DC getting passed that reach consistently. I suspect Jones will get rag dolled once or twice, although not enough for DC to win a decision.

I think Cormier is awesome, but Jones is just something else.

looking beyond jones vs. gus II already?

I would expect Jones to be attacking DC with kicks early on, I would expect a good amount of leg and body kicks. Definitely a lot of teeps.

If DC gets him to the ground I am expecting Jones to use his length to make DC pay for it with hellbows from the ground (much like Condit does)

As for the clinch game, I don't know if DC will be able to hold Jon against the cage. I think Jones is strong enough to get off the cage and mobile enough to not be put into that position in the first place.

I think as the fight goes on DC will fade, and I expect Jon to win either by sub or decision via attrition and better cardio.

DC needs to train his submissions/bjj game for this fight if he wants to win, IMO. He showed a pretty terrible submission game against Hendo, despite his dominant wrestling. His ground and pound wasn't that great, either.

Jones is going to choke this guy out and all this hype will finally be over

With all the wins he has, its not "hype" anymore.

Just because a champ beats a good contender, it doesn't mean the contender was just "hype".

I have no idea how this fight will go, but I just know i'll love watching it!

Last edited:
Back