Everybody call it now - who would/will win between JBJ & DC, and how?

Kelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't decide.

On one hand, I see Jones still being mobile enough, busy enough, and long enough to just keep chopping away at Daniel with legkicks, oblique kicks, and jabs, and moving & working his way to a decision, not dissimilar to the Rashad fight (although I see Jones being less aggressive and more evasive in this one). For all DC's strengths, his 72in reach won't be getting past Jones' 84.5in wingspan, especially when JBJ is shooting his fingers into DC's eyes all night like he did with Glover.

On the other hand, a point made by Zane Simon on BE's 6th Round on Saturday night has made me think DC might have a really good chance to win. Simon said that despite all the Zuffa-led hyperbole and bluster about Jones "going into Glover's wheel-house" to beat him against the cage, in actual fact the reason that Jones adopted this tactic was because Glover's style (head movement, weaving inside, throwing hooks) meant that JBJ was not able to keep him comfortably on the outside and was getting hit with shots in that first round, so he moved the fight against the cage where his wrestling/handfighting acumen would mean he could control Glover better. This makes me think that if DC can replicate that success coming forward, using head movement and landing shots to the head, then it could be a long night for Jones, because if he tries to control Cormier against the cage, he's in a world of trouble. Whereas Jones possesses amazing elbows and infighting skills, he must know that DC will put him on his back if they clinch for any length of time. If Daniel can spike a 255lbs Josh Barnett, you're damn sure he can do it to Bones. And then again, Glover is a bigger, longer guy than Cormier, so perhaps DC won't be able to reach Jones as easily in a striking match.

Conclusion: I still don't know. Thoughts??

Bones 'bows tho....

I really think DC deserves his shot at the title before the Hendo fight....
Still think Bones finishes him with in 2 rounds.

I dont know. Why would I call something I possibly can't know. If I had to guess, I guess I'd pick Jones to win.

called it a year or so ago at least- DC will beat down Bones.

It's going to be a close fought battle, but DC is too strong and too skilled, and Bones is not going to know how to cope without his wrestling as a fallback. His striking is great because he's a better wrestler than anyone he's faced, but that's not true with DC. He'll get taken down and almost definitely lose the first 2 rounds IMO.

The wildcard is just how well he can adapt- I'm convinced he'll lose early, but he is incredibly smart at adapting, and he'll need to find a solution to win the later rounds if he's to take this.

My money is undoubtedly on DC, but Jones is not to be written off.

Also, the reach factor isn't that big when you consider the wrestling. People can't get inside the reach because that means being taken down by Jones and his superior wrestling.

What happens when it's the reverse- DC can actually DO something in close, unlike most. It really, really is something Jones has never faced yet.

Jones is going to choke this guy out and all this hype will finally be over

i see jon jones staying away and picking at DC from the outside. DC lands nothing, gets frustrated, starts dropping his hands trying to get in. and JJ front kicking him the face like travis browne. lights out.
DC is too over confident with dropping his hands.

The only place where DC might get in trouble is at kicking range.

He needs to rush in and smother Jones against the fence for 5 rounds.
Same thing he did to Mir, same thing Cain did to JDS.

Except he can probably take Jones down at will, which is guaranteed to make this fight entertaining.

can he? im not so sure. Jon Jones is a much better wrestler than Hendo and anybody Dc has faced.

Cain is a better wrestler than Jon Jones and DC wrestles (and coaches) him every day at practice.

DC will close the distance after getting poked in the eyes a few times, ragdoll Jones to the ground, then remain on top for the fight.

Close fight, could go either way.

For some reason though I have a feeling that we would see a sub win by Jones in one of the championship rounds.

DC by UD. Would root for Bones though. For the second time ever.

Back