Every time Yan took down Sterling

Yeah i mean i know why traditionally this would be a problem for a collegiate wrestler, but when you transition to MMA and especially when you fight a russian or eastern european fighter, there is no way in my head that you dont learn basic defence to hip throws. The only ways to explain this would be that fighters and coaches are extremely ignorant and arrogant or there just isnt enough knowledge about Judo/Sambo in the States which i highly doubt.

Another thought to this may be there isn't a system that integrates wrestling to MMA as well as sambo does. Sambo uses a kurtka but a looot of their take downs can be done just as easily without it.

Additionally the combat sambo rule set might as well be MMA with a kurtka on a mat. Imo its why we have so many phenomenal fighters coming out of russia (blending it all together from a young age)

Another thought to this may be there isn't a system that integrates wrestling to MMA as well as sambo does. Sambo uses a kurtka but a looot of their take downs can be done just as easily without it.

Additionally the combat sambo rule set might as well be MMA with a kurtka on a mat. Imo its why we have so many phenomenal fighters coming out of russia (blending it all together from a young age)
Yeah true. On the other hand i dont see sombody like Usman getting hip thrown over and over again, because he would prepare for this and its not that hard to pick up coming from a wrestling background. Thats why i believe its more individual fighters ignorance and the relative absence of such techniques in the UFC.
In my gym you have fighters specifically preparing for Judo techniques when they know they will face a fighter from Russia, Chechnya, Armenia etc. but for some reason US gyms believe spamming double legs enough as a teenager makes you immune against techniques that are designed to counter superior wrestlers (the the sense the term is used as in the USA)

These fucking Russians and their bear-like grip

Throw in his boxing how tf do you even stand a chance?

If I'm Aljo I'm getting stripped.

Yan did not look invincible to me at all. His TDD did stifle Aljo's primary attack. But Aljo was arguably ahead 2-1 going into the 4th, while implementing his BACKUP plan with his secondary skill set. Yan did not assert himself as dominant until after Aljo tired noticably. Not to discredit Yan at all, because he played a direct role in Aljo gassing. Both guys are going to have enough time to evaluate the first fight, and time to make the necessary adjustments. Should be a great fight in a talented division.

Arguably?

Why don't you have a look at the judges scorecards. You and that one judge are the only people that watched that fight and thought Sterling was ahead.

And based solely on the judges scorecards, Yan was ahead. Given how badly gassed Sterling was, barring the knee, Yan would have either won rounds 4 and 5 comfortably or finished him.

You won't find anyone on here that will agree with the nonsense you stated.

They should strip Failjo as he’s gonna be out for a while and let Yan fight someone else for the vacant title.

Yan DQ himself lucky for Sterling it was for the belt. That tennis player who hit a ball after play over into a ref had to forfeit for the infraction. Ref was not hit very hard but Those r the rules . He was the favored player too. Yan should come back and take out a contender while Sterling does his surgery. Everyone knows Sterling got lucky Yan goofed. Still there was plenty of time left in the fight so outside chance Sterling could have pulled an upset somehow like Yair last second elbow. Yan though does want to maximize his fight pay time so taking on a contender a step back since doubt UFC going to pay him more, there is no big marquee draw at BW .

"He can stop 2 - 3 takedowns...I will keep coming...I will drown him..." - Aljamaine Sterling...

Aljo.gif

<{clintugh}>

Looks even more of an obvious bitch move acting job than watching it at the time, amazingly.

This is what someone actually looks like if they're robbed of their senses.
BGB%2BMike%2BTyson%2BBerbick%2BStumble%2BKO%2BGIF.gif

Yan DQ himself lucky for Sterling it was for the belt. That tennis player who hit a ball after play over into a ref had to forfeit for the infraction. Ref was not hit very hard but Those r the rules . He was the favored player too. Yan should come back and take out a contender while Sterling does his surgery. Everyone knows Sterling got lucky Yan goofed. Still there was plenty of time left in the fight so outside chance Sterling could have pulled an upset somehow like Yair last second elbow. Yan though does want to maximize his fight pay time so taking on a contender a step back since doubt UFC going to pay him more, there is no big marquee draw at BW .
Yan would never rush someone openly to get knocked out like KZ did against Yair. And Yan fights Sandhagen/Dillashaw winner next for the interim(vaccant) belt and btw Yan still gets PPV Points and he also got his win money against aljo ;)

His composure wasn't there when he illegally kneed the guy in the head. Glad Sterling is CHAMP! Proud of the USA!!!

His composure wasn't there when he illegally kneed the guy in the head. Glad Sterling is CHAMP! Proud of the USA!!!
USA? Aljo didn’t give a single a fuck about USA only after he got embrassed and beat he was whining that Americans should support him lol

USA? Aljo didn’t give a single a fuck about USA only after he got embrassed and beat he was whining that Americans should support him lol
He's part American and I support him! Great guy and fight! WORLD CHAMPION!!!

After the first round...Aljo was being rag dolled literally thrown around at will. I picked Aljo heading into the fight and thought it would be much more competitive. Damn was I wrong.

Why don't you have a look at the judges scorecards. You and that one judge are the only people that watched that fight and thought Sterling was ahead.

It wasn't unanimous among the 3 official judges and you are certain I am the only dissenter from the majority. What a dumb thing to say.

And based solely on the judges scorecards, Yan was ahead. Given how badly gassed Sterling was, barring the knee, Yan would have either won rounds 4 and 5 comfortably or finished him.

I don't, nor did I, dispute any of this.

You won't find anyone on here that will agree with the nonsense you stated.

I have ZERO concern if the flock is following me.

I've had my bell rung many times, I've been there. Sterling most certainly was playing to the judges and embellishing.

Yan was dominating the fight, and Sterling took the easy out. And now he'll ride that neck surgery out and will duck Yan as long as he can or until he gets stripped.

Back