Every time Yan took down Sterling

I mean the mistake happened in the heat of the moment, and I don't have any previous reasons to believe he is a dirty fighter. The rules aren't uniform and the dude made a mistake. I thought the fight would be a no contest while watching live which I still believe should have been the outcome. I say at worse you strip Yan and NC the fight with no champion. Have them rematch, but I can't personally think of a justification for Aljo to be champ.

I'd be curious as to the opinions of anyone that thinks "You have to beat the champ to be the champ", but believes in this decision?

I mean the mistake happened in the heat of the moment, and I don't have any previous reasons to believe he is a dirty fighter. The rules aren't uniform and the dude made a mistake. I thought the fight would be a no contest while watching live which I still believe should have been the outcome. I say at worse you strip Yan and NC the fight with no champion. Have them rematch, but I can't personally think of a justification for Aljo to be champ.

I'd be curious as to the opinions of anyone that thinks "You have to beat the champ to be the champ", but believes in this decision?
The referree thought Yan clearly understood the rules given out before the fight. He also thought Yan understood the instruction leading up to the knee when Aljo was on the ground. I don't think Yan clearly understood either one. Is it Yan's fault? Yes, but I think it should be a NC as well.

That composure is called SAMBO. You could definitely see Samboist signature in most of the non-boxing stints that he did: osoto-gari, ochi/ko-ochi-gari,etc

that shit is straight from Judo/Sambo playbook

Yep, it's like watching a smaller and faster Fedor. I said it during the fight to my friends who don't understand. It was total domination, looked like he was playing with his food to me.

Yep, it's like watching a smaller and faster Fedor. I said it during the fight to my friends who don't understand. It was total domination, looked like he was playing with his food to me.
the funny thing is... it's almost impossible to re-train a pure boxer to adapt to MMA, but Yan did. I am shocked nobody brought this up yet. Yan background is coming from Boxing. In my short memory he is the ONLY and The most successful boxer who transitioned into MMA by learning technics in wrestling, kicking and submission just enough what he needs to be successful.

Last edited:
the funny thing is... it's almost impossible to re-train a pure boxer to adapt to MMA, but Yan did. I am shocked nobody brought this up yet. Yan background is coming from Boxing. In my short memory he is the ONLY and The most successful boxer who transitioned into MMA by learning technics in wrestling, kicking and submission just what he needs to be successful.
The thing is Yan learns extremely fast and well. His fight IQ is miles ahead
that guy could be a pro at boxing, muah thai, grappling, wrestling. MMA is perfect for him because he can use all his skills

If Aljo was white no one would be crying about a NC instead of a DQ
Oh we got a victim mentality here... Grow up. Be stronger. Take individual responsibility and don't ever consider yourself a handicap. If you do, you will be treated as one. If you treat yourself as a winner, you will be a winner.

Don't spread this racial shit onto other people who don't have victim mentality, and don't criminalize other people just because of their skin colour.

I don’t see anyone beating him anytime soon, apart from mr Cringe whose supposedly retired

I hate the way Aljo was stalling on his back, did it several times. I know, it's legal but to me it's like stalling.

Back