Every time a fighter gets up and complains after a TKO, fans cry 'EARLY STOPPAGE'

Yep

Then when the opposite happens they want the ref's head on a stick and bitch about how incompetent the ref is.

Oh yeah and dana does that as well. So if the head of the biggest mma org is a fucking inconsistent man-child can you expect anything less from the majority of fans.

Wow, maybe you should get a ref license then!
Mario-Yamasaki-696x399.jpg

TJ loved the stop over Cody. Now he's pissed Henry TJ'd TJ.

You just got smoked by a dude that fights 10lbs lower than you.

<2>

Nobody fights down as champ. He did and got trashed.

Exactly.

TJ moved DOWN to fight for a second title, whereas everyone else was moving up.

He did so, and lost... Ano I can see that he's embarrassed... But he's just embarrassing himself further with this behavior.

He got dropped twice and smoked by Cejudo in 30 seconds of fighting. He's got no one to point at but himself

Yep

Then when the opposite happens they want the ref's head on a stick and bitch about how incompetent the ref is.

Oh yeah and dana does that as well. So if the head of the biggest mma org is a fucking inconsistent man-child can you expect anything less from the majority of fans.
Yup

If the outcome went Dana's way, he would have said something like "it is the ref's job to protect the fighter... TJ was dropped twice and taking lots of damage... He was done. The ref saved him. He's lucky to be able fight again another day".

BUT since Dana wanted TJ to win... He's bitching about it and calling it a "horrible stoppage".

How the fuck can it be horrible when the fighter was dropped twice in 20 seconds and eating 20 unanswered bombs? Hilarious.

Most people who claim it was early keep saying “he wasn’t out” as if you have to be completely out for it to be stopped. He was clearly on queer street and at the time of the stoppage was sitting on his ass and getting beat up. Only after the stoppage did he half ass reach an arm towards Cejudo in what people claim is a single leg attempt. People like to point to comebacks, but those are the outliers, usually the guy would just continue to get his head caved in.

The referee made the right call, you’re seeing a guy flop around taking multiple shots he’s not even attempted to defend and getting knocked down multiple times. Half assedly reaching an arm towards you opponent is not intelligent defence. Not to mention he only does this “single attempt” after the fight is stopped and Henry is already walking away. Then TJ does the stanky leg as soon as he gets up. Clear cut stoppage, don’t see how this even being debated.
FACT

Seems we have many more females on here then previously thought. Overdramatic, and emotional, which are all traits that My 54 ex girlfriends have. No logic thinking what so ever.

you do realize those gif's only prove why it was an early stoppage right?

TJ was never out. Ref needs to be suspended/fired.

You do know a fighter doesn't have to be "out" for a TKO stoppage, right?

Exactly

People have forgotten that TKO is also a form of stoppage?

Suddenly only KOs are acceptable??

You do know that if you panic each time you see a fighter get rocked, you have no business being a ref, right?

Live it was a fair stoppage

Sure when you watch a slowed down gif 50 times you can more accurately determine whether it was fair or not
This. Watching replays I think it could have gone longer but I understand why the ref called it when he did

People forget the most basic rules for this shit. As long as the fighter is intelligently defending himself, you don't stop the fight. Of course he's going to fall down when he's trying to stand up when Cejudo throws his weight on him to keep him down while still punching him. At no point does TJ go limp, lose consciousness, or stop trying to find a way out of having Cejudo rabbit punching him and pushing him around. ANd as soon as the fight ends TJ stands up.

Shit stoppage, snowflakes watching this sport are ruining it. I'd agree if at any point in there TJ goes totally limp on a knock down even for a brief couple seconds and ends up getting woke up by a punch, but he doesn't even get flash KO'd.

Again, shit stoppage, and I'm not a fan of TJ or any of his bitching, but I can respect that a guy that literally starved himself to go down and probably did one of the craziest cuts a fighter has had to do, only to have it end in a quick scramble that caused a trigger happy nervous ref to jump the gun.

Would TJ have come back and win? Who knows, I don't think so, but let him fight until he shows a sign of incoherence which is part of the basic freakin rule set to begin with.

People forget the most basic rules for this shit. As long as the fighter is intelligently defending himself, you don't stop the fight. Of course he's going to fall down when he's trying to stand up when Cejudo throws his weight on him to keep him down while still punching him. At no point does TJ go limp, lose consciousness, or stop trying to find a way out of having Cejudo rabbit punching him and pushing him around. ANd as soon as the fight ends TJ stands up.

Shit stoppage, snowflakes watching this sport are ruining it. I'd agree if at any point in there TJ goes totally limp on a knock down even for a brief couple seconds and ends up getting woke up by a punch, but he doesn't even get flash KO'd.

Again, shit stoppage, and I'm not a fan of TJ or any of his bitching, but I can respect that a guy that literally starved himself to go down and probably did one of the craziest cuts a fighter has had to do, only to have it end in a quick scramble that caused a trigger happy nervous ref to jump the gun.

Would TJ have come back and win? Who knows, I don't think so, but let him fight until he shows a sign of incoherence which is part of the basic freakin rule set to begin with.
Umm, you don't have to go limp or unconscious. If the fighter goes limp or unconscious from follow-up shots, then it's a late stoppage.

TJ fell down twice because he got knocked down... He didn't slip and Cejudo wasn't laying and praying.

Sounds like you are misunderstanding the rules big time. The ref can stop the fight any time when he deems the fighter is no longer INTELLIGENTLY defending himself.

TJ was still trying to scramble out but when he go up to his feet, Cejudo knocked him down again and TJ's eyes rolled back and his head snapped pretty hard. After that he was NOT intelligently defending himself. His arms were on the canvas, and he was taking punches. He only went for a single leg after the ref stopped the fight.

2 knockdows and 20 consecutive unanswered strikes in the span on 20 seconds... This is a sport, not a fight to the death.

Please read up the difference between TKO and KO

he went down yes

he didnt drop like a sac of potatoes like some other fighters

slightly early stoppage imo

If TJ took 5 or 10 more shots and went LIMP, fans would be outraged and calling it a late stoppage

Actually, far too many fans think a fight should only get stopped when a guy goes limp. People have no good understanding of just how dangerous and detrimental to your health it is to be knocked out cold. It's something that happens in the fight game... but if the ref can stop it from happening unnecessarily, that's his job.

Unfortunately, if you're of the mindset that the ref's only job is to protect a fighter AFTER he's been knocked out and never to protect a fighter from BEING knocked out, you're going to bitch about a lot of stoppages... which a lot of sherdoggers do.

Sounds like you are misunderstanding the rules big time. The ref can stop the fight any time when he deems the fighter is no longer INTELLIGENTLY defending himself.

In big fights, the good refs give the fighters, especially champions, more time to recover from bad spots and respond because of what is at stake. The intelligent defense is up to interpretation and where there is smoke in a large enough outcry there is usually fire. There is going to be snowflakes and just bleeds on both sides of the coin of stoppages. Let's forget getting their lights shut off and just focus on intelligent defense. The guy at no point spaced out, his eyes didn't roll, and he didn't have one moment where he wasn't doing what he should be doing to try to get out of that predicament. Was he getting his head slapped around as he was trying to scramble out of those positions? Yes, but this is a fight, and whenever we want to stop a fight because a fighter takes a bunch of fast shots while they are in a scramble, they and we might as well be doing something else and stop fooling ourselves that we are watching fighting any longer.

Let them fight until they are no longer intelligently defending themselves. The ref made the choice he was not intelligently defending himself, but obviously that opinion isn't shared by a lot and therein lies the shitshow.

Actually, far too many fans think a fight should only get stopped when a guy goes limp. People have no good understanding of just how dangerous and detrimental to your health it is to be knocked out cold. It's something that happens in the fight game... but if the ref can stop it from happening unnecessarily, that's his job.

Unfortunately, if you're of the mindset that the ref's only job is to protect a fighter AFTER he's been knocked out and never to protect a fighter from BEING knocked out, you're going to bitch about a lot of stoppages... which a lot of sherdoggers do.
Exactly.

You can't control flash KOs that happen in the fight, but the refs job is 100% to prevent the fighter from being KOd by follow up shots.

The ref saw TJ go down a 2nd time and his arms went a bit limp and ref called the action. Very good stoppage in my books. Cejudo was very fresh. He's 30 seconds into a fight that he trained to go 25 minutes. He's a Flyweight, he wasn't going to gas even if he kept smashing TJ non-stop till the end of the 1st round.

Ref saved TJ from a concussion.

you do realize those gif's only prove why it was an early stoppage right?

TJ was never out. Ref needs to be suspended/fired.
Rule isn't fight until someone is out, it's about whether or not you are intelligently defending yourself. TJ was getting wailed on and not defending himself intelligently at all.

In big fights, the good refs give the fighters, especially champions, more time to recover from bad spots and respond

No that's just your opinion.

Like I pointed out in the OP, Alvarez took the belt from Dos Anjos by TKO, where Dos Anjos wasn't even dropped ONCE.

Alvarez punched him against the cage, and the ref stopped it. 0 knockdowns, championship change.

RDA didn't complain.

Refs are in there to protect the fighters, not to ensure the fans that the fighters are completely out cold before stopping a fight... That's a late stoppage.

Back