Every televised fighter at 182 just won the lottery

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ippikiookami, Jan 1, 2015.

1. ippikiookami

ippikiookami Blue Belt

Aside from the title match up this is a shitty card that no one would buy. But the main eventers (guys in the televised fights, not prelims) all usually get a take of the PPV. The Jones-DC fight is the sole draw, and could bring in big bucks, but all those guys on the main card will get a cut. Add to that the higher amount that sponsors will pay (if you sponsor Cerrone, you'll get a lot more eyeballs at 182 than at any other event, plus you know you won't be getting any visibility at all soon when the Reebok deal goes into effect), and someone like Cowboy or Horiguchi will make more from outside-of-the-octagon income than anything they can earn fighting for 15 minutes.

2. jandy90

jandy90 White Belt

Only champions and their challengers/main eventers (like AS and Diaz) on PPV get a cut. None of the rest normally do.

3. ippikiookami

ippikiookami Blue Belt

I used to train with a UFC fighter -- Scott Jorgensen -- and I thought he got something from every televised (non prelim) UFC fight he was in. I could be wrong or may have misunderstood him, though. I thought all the fighters on the televised PPV got a share.

4. jandy90

jandy90 White Belt

I'm pretty sure Dana said that only champions/challengers/main-eventers get the PPV cut when Wand refused to fight Chael without PPV as a co-main.

5. BJ@LW&WW

[email protected]&WW Gold Belt

cerrone jury and lombard burkman... not really that weak of a card.

6. ultimateriley-o

ultimateriley-o Lego Maniac

Yeah I'm pretty hyped on both those fights. There have been WAY worse main cards than this.

7. sberg

sberg Green Belt

They can give a PPV point to anyone they seem worthy of pushing the number of buys up....Doesn't mean they will but they can do as they please...

8. steny

steny Green Belt

Yeah, cerrone jury and lombard burkman are pretty good fights with great main event....cannot wait till Saturday.

9. neomage2021

neomage2021 Silver Belt

I dont think that is correct. I'm at Jackson's MMA and JOhn Dodson is a good friend of mine. Pretty sure you only get a cut if you are a main event fighter.

10. PAPERCLIP30

PAPERCLIP30 Silver Belt

And Horiguchi. And the main event.

182 is sick

11. M3X1CA1N

M3X1CA1N Blue Belt

I think its a big step up for jury we will see how he does against a top 5 LW in Cerrone, should be good fight I have Donald via body kick tko.
    Lombard taking on Burkman should be good both will be looking for the finish, I believe Lombard will get it, via KO
    Don't always need big names for it to be good fights. Not weak card but not amazing either main event should be good rooting for DC but I see Jones keeping his belt.