Every sig strikes Cruz landed on TJ

Ok, then where is the evidence that Cruz is a better investment than Dilly. Cruz is articulate and decent looking but his style has drawn some criticism and he had gotten injured often which only gets worse with age, not better.

Dilly is also not a bad looking kid who has an entertaining fight style and has reached a high level with potentially more fights left in him.

The one variable that I see is the fact that Cruz may be a bigger name and the ufc has been lazy in promoting guys and seem to prefer good products to just fall into their lap.

I am also a Cruz fan but I would market the snake if I were them.

You have to consider the time when this fight took place. Dillashaw was definitely not a well-known name. He was not a ppv star in any means, while Cruz had a big fan base (and a long winning streak). I think the UFC was unable to predict how the future will play out.
They probably thought Dillashaw will fade in obscurity once he losses to Dominick. Maybe that explains his rough road to the second title shot. He had to steamroll over TWO top 3 contenders. They didn't give him instant rematch (as they do lately with virtually every champion who losses his belt).
The UFC prefer Cody as their champion as well, but this didn't materialize as well because TJ is so much superior to him.

Last edited:
Did you not hear Cruz's post interview where he said he came INTO the fight with a foot injury?

Start at about 3:10. "I don't want to talk about injuries I came into a fight with"

He was walking fine during the fight. He wasn't walking fine after the fight. I blame TJ for that.

Lol- I don't understand this.Those " mild" at best significant strikes we re over 25 minutes where TJ was champ and Dillashaw administered the more telling blows.How Dom had his hand raised is beyond me.The judges that night, I heard, were big fans of the show " dancing with the stars"...... which would explain alot

You have to consider the time when this fight took place. Dillashaw was definitely not a well-known name. He was not a ppv star in any means, while Cruz had a big fan base (and a long winning streak). I think the UFC was unable to predict how the future will play out.
They probably thought Dillashaw will fade in obscurity once he losses to Dominick. Maybe that explains his rough road to the second title shot. He had to steamroll over TWO top 3 contenders. They didn't give him instant rematch (as they do lately with virtually every champion who losses his belt).
The UFC prefer Cody as their champion as well, but this didn't materialize as well because TJ is so much superior than him.

Ok, maybe you are correct on that. I don't know what they think, I can only guess but I don't want to stray too far from the point we were on which was whether the ufc had the judges fix that fight. I think it was a very close fight and was not surprised by the outcome. I have seen far more controversial calls by the judges. I see zero evidence to support a fix.

If you can find evidence of a fix, I would encourage you to do so, that would be a massive story to break.

Cruz has a hell of a chin. Some of the shots he ate from garbrandt were huge as well.

Funny that a guy with a defensive fighting style has a goat level chin for his weight class.

If you look st the guys that TJ and garbrandt finished with 17 KO's between them and neither could take Cruz out.

Pretty impressive

He was walking fine during the fight. He wasn't walking fine after the fight. I blame TJ for that.
Agreed. TJ gets credit for reaggravating an injury but to say TJ caused the injury after Cruz explicitly said he came into the fight with an injury is too much.

Not sure what you were reading but the majority on here had TJ winning. It was just one big whinge fest with very few (myself and drake + others) saying Cruz won.
giphy.gif

A poster not agreeing with you doesn't equal a troll. TJ is my favourite fighter to watch and i've been a fan of his for years unlike the blow in's that popped up when he first beat Cody.

It's well known he has plantar fasciitis, which has actually spread to both feet (which was confirmed before the third fight with Faber where he started showing deteriorating symptoms in the fight despite dominating Faber). Staying on one's feet and bouncing around with athletic impact will aggravate the symptoms over the course of a 25 minute fight. It's telling that he only showed signs of a problem towards the end of the fight, TJ just happened to land his only two good leg kicks during that time.

I never understand the salty bitterness some of you carry around in your heads after a fight like this. Many of you take this stuff way to personal. The results are what they are let it go. You’ll be much happier not carrying around all of this pent up frustration.

That makes it all the more worth debating, IMO. Problem is people on here think debating is just hurling insults at each other.

People can’t debate properly, so it isn’t worth debating.

It’s just “I like this guy and thought he won, so you’re stupid”. Just slinging shit at each other

I feel like Tj gave Cruz way too much respect those first 3 rounds

Hes matured as a fighter since and he should give Cruz the rematch and knock him out. That would make him the undisputed BW goat.

I never enjoyed a Cruz fight when he was champion back in the day.

I think he headlined a UFC ppv before he got injured. Hes aweful. Fuck that
I actually enjoy Dillashaw

Back