Every division has a well established GOAT. Except...

Who is the greatest LW of all time?

• Bj Penn

• RDA

• Pettis

• Bendo

• Edgar

• Khabib

• Alvarez

• Nate Diaz

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
He beat Kenflo, Sanchez, Stevenson, Sherk, Uno, and Serra.

He also beat Matt Hughes twice who was the 170 champ for years. He also has fought world class talent and was successful throughout his career.

Much more than what you can say about MM or Cruz imo
how can you say what BJ did was much more than MM or Cruz? this thread is happening, when is the last time you saw someone ask "who is GOAT at flw/ bw?" penn has nothing on the division dominance of those 2 guys

The Notorious Conor McGregor

tumblr_mzodrubto51ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Its BJ until someone passes him right? Pettis hasn't, Bendo got close but even as a diehard of him I wouldn't say he was the GOAT of the division (since he never beat Pettis). Maybe Alvarez if he at least ties successful defences but I don't see that happening. LW is a shark infested pool as we have seen for years.

Ha!

BJ at 67.7%. Second place? Edgar at 8.3%.

There goes that theory...

Nate Diaz is an option, but Gomi/Melendez isn't? I'd still have to say Penn/Edgar/RDA, and I'm not sure which. It should be Penn, but he didn't spend enough time fighting at 155 to solidify it

Yet your poll is dominated with BJ votes even this early in the process. Looks like it backfired on you, eh?

I also picked BJ

lol

In retrospect, among "GOAT" talks, this just proves that LW division suffers compared to the others. Ironically , it is filled with the best fighters. Perhaps it is just a testament to how truly difficult it is to be as successful as Silva, Fedor etc in LW.

Hw is Cain
Lhw is Jones
Mw is Anderson
Ww is Wonderboy
Lw is Conor
Fw is Conor
Bw is Cruz
Flw is Mighty Mouse
Wbw is Ronda
Wsw is Joanna

You are a terrible troll. You can't even keep up with your shitty trolls.

Pretty sad when you fail at trolling lol

BJ Penn has 9 top 10 wins at LW and 3 UFC title defenses. He also went up in weight and won the WW title. He has like a 90% finishing rate and is the biggest legend in the 155lbs history.

Until someone beats that resume then Penn is the LW GOAT.

Agreed. Tough resume to beat. Sadly his aura got destroyed the minute he came out as BJ Tippy Toes Penn. Some things can't be unseen, and this is one of them. Erase that silly performance from everyone's mind, and it's clear BJ was the best LW to date.

The GOAT term gets thrown around way too easily here. BJ had only 3 title defenses, against pretty subpar opposition at that. And he's had a shit ton of losses. Calling him GOAT in whatever capacity is an insult to ppl who can actually claim that title.

You are a terrible troll. You can't even keep up with your shitty trolls.

Pretty sad when you fail at trolling lol
Wonderboy is better at fighting than GSP.

Are you suggesting I've contradicted myself somewhere?

Wonderboy is better at fighting than GSP.

Are you suggesting I've contradicted myself somewhere?

Last night yiu were saying Woodley and Rory..... Now no mention of them, just Wonderboy....

Lol you fail at trolling. I'd suggest deleting and recreating your account because you just got caught bud!

Maybe your next account, you will have honed your trolling abilities better. Thanks for playing. It's been fun!

I also picked BJ

lol

In retrospect, among "GOAT" talks, this just proves that LW division suffers compared to the others. Ironically , it is filled with the best fighters. Perhaps it is just a testament to how truly difficult it is to be as successful as Silva, Fedor etc in LW.

You think it's easier winning 27 fights in a row at HW? Where no champ seems to be able to defend more than a few times?

You think it's easier winning 27 fights in a row at HW? Where no champ seems to be able to defend more than a few times?

It's true, there is no UFC HW GOAT.

But Fedor more than makes up for that.

Back