Every champ vs. champ fight has been completely one-sided

McGregor vs. Alvarez (McGregor via 2nd round TKO)

DC vs. Stipe (DC 1st round KO)

Nunes vs. Cyborg (Nunes 1st round KO in less than one minute)

Cejudo vs. Dillashaw (Cejudo 1st round TKO in 38 seconds)

And somebody also created a thread yesterday stating that the smaller fighter in every champ vs. champ fight has won.

Interesting stuff.

<TheWire1>

Just because a fight ended in R1 doesn't mean it was one sided. Stipe Vs DC wasn't one sided at all. Both were landing.

There's sooo many good stories of fighters moving up and having major success yet so little successful stories of fighters going down in weight and succeeding.

Why the fuck are more fighters not going up in weight?

The issue is many fighters are cuttung as much as possible any onky go up once they either miss weight or lose due yo being drained.

10 years ago we saw the opposite where many fighters didn’t cut that much (Bisping for example) then fought larger guys at their weight class and couldn’t compete at a high level with the heavier guys.

There is a reason for weight classes, guys. We need to protect bigger fighters from being smashed by smaller opponents.

Makes me laugh, reminds me of sherdoggers who think they can take UFC fighters because they weigh 20lbs more.

Just because a fight ended in R1 doesn't mean it was one sided. Stipe Vs DC wasn't one sided at all. Both were landing.
I'm gonna disagree with you there. DC landed much harder and flush shots in just one round and dropped Stipe like a sack of potatoes before putting him out cold. DC was never hurt at all.

DC was heavier than Stipe for their fight so this is obviously false.
Stipe fights at his proper weight class, DC while a heavy dude he is more like an overweight LHW, carries significant amout of fat, not exactly the bigger guy, he is short for a HW.

And somebody also created a thread yesterday stating that the smaller fighter in every champ vs. champ fight has won.

Interesting stuff.

<TheWire1>
its not just in champ champ matchups that the smaller guy's winning.

michael chiesa just went up to 170 and starched condit
anthony smith starching fools up at 205
santos starched poster boy manuwa
dos anjos beating lawler,etc

only exception recently was jj losing to valentina
and dos anjos losing to covington.

but yea, there's something to it

Mousasi vs Rory was one sided as well, but in that fight the smaller fighter definitely got crushed.

I'm gonna disagree with you there. DC landed much harder and flush shots in just one round and dropped Stipe like a sack of potatoes before putting him out cold. DC was never hurt at all.

No doubt about it, DC won. But when both guys are landing shots (especially at hw) you can't say it was completely one sided.

Up until Stipe got dropped it was a fairly good contest.

cormier-miocic-ufc-226-getty-images.jpg
gettyimages-993560956-594x594.jpg

Conor is smaller than Eddie?

Interesting stuff.

<TheWire1>
Forgot GSP vs bitchsping, and yet true stats.
Edit, while not champ BJ, vs Hughes 1 also comes to mind.

Interesting stuff.

<TheWire1>

They were wrong. Lots of people seem to have forgotten that BJ Penn exists.

Interesting stuff.

<TheWire1>

Actually you're wrong. GSP vs Penn 2 bigger champ won

DC was heavier than Stipe for their fight so this is obviously false.
i think he stated his fact wrong.. i think he meant the guy moving up was always victorious?? except bj vs gsp negates that

i feel like most ppl believe going up in weight to win the belt is most challenging, but both have their pros and cons

Last edited:
Back