Every champ vs. champ fight has been completely one-sided

beephin

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
McGregor vs. Alvarez (McGregor via 2nd round TKO)

DC vs. Stipe (DC 1st round KO)

Nunes vs. Cyborg (Nunes 1st round KO in less than one minute)

Cejudo vs. Dillashaw (Cejudo 1st round TKO in 38 seconds)

And somebody also created a thread yesterday stating that the smaller fighter in every champ vs. champ fight has won.

Interesting stuff.

<TheWire1>

Speed kills...

In the case of TJ , cutting an extra 10lbs and going full Christian bale machinist-mode also kills your ability to recover...

GSP kicking himself in the face now.

Should have given prime Andy a try.

GSP kicking himself in the face now.

Should have given prime Andy a try.
lmao no he shouldn't have. GSP is well aware that fighting a 6'2" matrix machine a weight class up could have resulted in his soul getting stolen.

And somebody also created a thread yesterday stating that the smaller fighter in every champ vs. champ fight has won.

DC was heavier than Stipe for their fight so this is obviously false.

I keep seeing this stat that the smaller fighter has won every champ v champ fight, but it seems like people forget BJ was champ when GSP made his corner stop the fight.

also GSP vs Bisping was pretty competitive
and GSP is still the real WW champ, he never lost the belt

It’s kinda weird but makes some sense. When the lighter fighter has moved up they still have had plenty of power to carry over into the higher weight class plus they’ll have a speed advantage.

It’s kinda weird but makes some sense. When the lighter fighter has moved up they still have had plenty of power to carry over into the higher weight class plus they’ll have a speed advantage.
There's sooo many good stories of fighters moving up and having major success yet so little successful stories of fighters going down in weight and succeeding.

Why the fuck are more fighters not going up in weight?

There's sooo many good stories of fighters moving up and having major success yet so little successful stories of fighters going down in weight and succeeding.

Why the fuck are more fighters not going up in weight?
Great question I honestly can’t put my finger on it. From my experience( wrestled 10 yrs invited to join US junior Olympic team) weight cutting and fighting smaller opponents can give you a confidence boost or psychological edge if you will....

That’s the best I got dude lol

There is a reason for weight classes, guys. We need to protect bigger fighters from being smashed by smaller opponents.

Back