Every #1 Lightweight in the world per year (According to fight matrix)

I wasn't doubting you, that made sense. I'm saying TS is touting it as being unbiased and while that may be true, the other glaring flaws make that a moot point.
gotcha. yea, those years were pretty silly. it was tough to rank guys.

A lot of people agree that BJ really won the 1st fight vs Edgar in April 2010.

Who knows if they would have fought again in August had the judges correct scored the first fight.

khabib was #3 in 2018 behind tony actually

it makes sense if u understand what theyre doing. from a glimpse into it, looking at wiki and fight records, it def leaves a person scratching their heads
How? Tony had one fight against Pettis. Khabib had 2 against Al and Conor, where he won and defended his belt.

What goes into these rankings?

Alvarez fought once in 2018 and lost, how in the hell lmao

Wasn't Sean Sherk the UFC lightweight champion at some point?!

Tony has wins over several of those #1 LWs <Fedor23>

How? Tony had one fight against Pettis. Khabib had 2 against Al and Conor, where he won and defended his belt.

What goes into these rankings?
Being ranked number 1 or 2 and beating someone highly ranked does a ton for your ranking. Khabib beating a bunch of guys outside of top 10 (mostly) did very little. His win over barboza is what launched him up

I know its crazy, but he had top wins over gil, Pettis, and then beat RDA. losing to conor only put him at 2. Then a NC and a win over gaethje. By the time he lost again in 2018 2 rankings came out. No one else had 2 consecutive number 1s that year. He did, prior to losing.

Not even close to top 5 in either resume or potential head to head.

UFC didn't even bring LW back until '06 with like 4 guys lol.

From '06 to '08 he was 5-2 with his most notable win a SD over Aurelio with losses to Aurelio and Sergei Kolyaev. Not to mention Diaz NC.

#1 all 3 years.

List means nothing as far as GOAT status. Talent pool was ankle desp then.
Gomi's pride run with wins over Pulver, Kawajiri and MACH smashes most other resumes in terms of taking out number 2's back to back to back.
Also the talent pool in pride was not ankle deep. UFC's LW divison wasn't as good as other orgs for years. As guys like Aoki and Alveraz were fighting very legit comp Penn was fighting TUF graduates.
WEC/Multiple Japanese organizations had much better LIghtweights than the UFC. WEC guys came in and clowned on the UFC.

Gomi's pride run with wins over Pulver, Kawajiri and MACH smashes most other resumes in terms of taking out number 2's back to back to back.
Also the talent pool in pride was not ankle deep. UFC's LW divison wasn't as good as other orgs for years. As guys like Aoki and Alveraz were fighting very legit comp Penn was fighting TUF graduates.
WEC/Multiple Japanese organizations had much better LIghtweights than the UFC. WEC guys came in and clowned on the UFC.

Yea...#2 when there was like 15 guys worldwide lol.

Guida has a better resume.

Yea...#2 when there was like 15 guys worldwide lol.

Guida has a better resume.
There weren't just 15 guys though. Kawajiri was still one of the most relevant LW's and FW's on earth at the time. Although pride was the most active LW division on earth there were plenty of LW fights going on elsewhere. Plenty of quality guys also fought in pride gomi never fought. Sherk and Melendez come to mind just off the top of my head. Both of whom would go on to win gold in other orgs.

You saying there wasn't a relevant LW division until the UFC picked it up with honestly a weaker division than before is you just drinking Dana's koolaid.

There weren't just 15 guys though. Kawajiri was still one of the most relevant LW's and FW's on earth at the time. Although pride was the most active LW division on earth there were plenty of LW fights going on elsewhere. Plenty of quality guys also fought in pride gomi never fought. Sherk and Melendez come to mind just off the top of my head. Both of whom would go on to win gold in other orgs.

You saying there wasn't a relevant LW division until the UFC picked it up with honestly a weaker division than before is you just drinking Dana's koolaid.

Guida Ws: Thomson,Diaz,RDA,Pettis, Danzig, Lauzon, Aurelio, Koch, Kawajiri, Hioki, and Gomi himself.

You can delude yourself into thinking Gomi has better Ws til your heart's content.

Yeah a career bum was the perennial #1 LW.

10k posts on here and still retarded.

You might want to reconsider calling people "retarded" since you also use words like ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:".

Guida Ws: Thomson,Diaz,RDA,Pettis, Danzig, Lauzon, Aurelio, Koch, Kawajiri, Hioki, and Gomi himself.

You can delude yourself into thinking Gomi has better Ws til your heart's content.
When they were beaten also heavily matters.
Gomi beating older out of it duane ludwig isn't as impressive as if he were to be beaten earlier in his career.
The Kawajiri Gomi defeated dwarfs the one Guida beat by miles. Guida is heavily underrated though I will agree to that.

It is an interesting debate; when analyzing GOAT what is a more important criteria: to absolutely dominate for a few years, or to have a long (15+ year) career with lots of wins and losses?

You're clearly on the "it's better to win big and lose big over many years" side of that spectrum.

Guida has certainly had a better second half of a career than either BJ or Gomi; that is undeniable. Most people still think BJ and Gomi had better careers overall, because of how much they dominated their division in the first half of their careers. You apparently consider multiple years of dominance of low importance in the grand scheme of things, easily outweighed by many losses after they started sucking.

It's not an invalid opinion. I certainly disagree with it, but it's an opinion.

My guess is you also think A Silva, W Silva, C Liddell, and Fedor E are generally overrated, is that correct?

again, khabib didnt have any "top" wins at that point. i remember vividly thinking the same thing as you... khabib was getting screwed. i think there might have even been a thread on this at that point saying khabib should be ranked number 1. but he wasnt the champion and never had a top ranked win. he was #3 behind tony actually

01/01/2018 conor,eddie,tony,khabib,barboza,iaquinta,poirier,lee, pettis, felder
01/04/2018 eddie, tongy,khabib, barboza, porier, patricky freire, lee, pettis, felder, gaethje,
01/07/2019: eddie, ferg, khabib, porier, lee, patricky, barboza, pettis, felder, benson

i know man, i agree, that was pretty messed up, but i guess thats just how their ranks are formulated. khabib had a tough tough formulation against him

being 27-0 with no top 5 wins or 28-3-1 with wins over #1, loss over #1 and two top 5 wins, who gets first place...? (im being extremely general/vague when comparing the two records but it was something like this im guessing)
He beat Conor in 2018, so there's that

Back