everlast mma

I read in a few places they are cheaply made and cut a few people up with the edges.

here's a picture of them...cant seem to start a new thread
everlastworldwide202526si7.gif

everlast mma gloves.anyone have an opinion?
I was in the sports authority a couple days ago, looking for underarmour shit. While in there I was browsing in the boxing area. And I saw the new everlast $hit.

I heard that everlast was trying to improve their $hit because they have a reputation for having poor quality shit.

I seen a pair of xl protex 2 training gloves in the 14oz. They are $39.00. So out of curiosity I decided to try them on. And $hit let me say the felt damn nice when I tried them on. They had a neoprene interior just like my TapOut hook and loop training gloves. Which is my favorite feature of both of these gloves. Neoprene is the $hit that is in the interior of combat sports shin guards. Neoprene is really nice, it feels really nice on the hands. Any glove with a neoprene interior make a boxing glove feel like it is the cadillac of boxing gloves.

I have tried on many pairs of boxing gloves at On The Mat. Fairtexes, Combat sports, ringside. And the wrist support I felt in the new everlast protex 2 is unmatched. Yes these gloves have the best wrist support I have ever felt in any glove period!

So I decided to hit the heavy bag a few times with them at about 50% speed. The hand protection felt just ok but better than the original everlast cheapies. I'am not so sure about the hand protection. They were only 14oz gloves and I did not hit the bag at 80% to 100%, so Iam not sure but it is not bad.

Overall I would say these gloves are on par with some expensive gloves. They have the best wrist support I have ever felt in a boxing glove. But they are made out of fake leather I'am not sure how long they will last?

I think these are great gloves for someone who is on a budget. I would say these gloves are well worth $39.00. Or for someone who is new to the sport and they are not sure if they are going to stick with it or not.

I'am wonderind how great the high end everlast protex 3 is. The protex 3 has four or five layers of padding over the knuckles and is made out of real leather.

Just trying on the protex 2's, make me want to buy a pair of protex 3's. But I dont know about paying $199 for them?

^At that price, I'd rather go with something proven, like Winning.
I bet you not to many people at all will pay $199 for the protex 3's. And watch the price will go down alot. Who the hell would pay $200 for a pair of boxing gloves?

^The people who buy winnings, which is the market Everlast is aiming at.

so did anyone try the new mma gloves from everlast?

I was in the sports authority a couple days ago, looking for underarmour shit. While in there I was browsing in the boxing area. And I saw the new everlast $hit.

I heard that everlast was trying to improve their $hit because they have a reputation for having poor quality shit.

I seen a pair of xl protex 2 training gloves in the 14oz. They are $39.00. So out of curiosity I decided to try them on. And $hit let me say the felt damn nice when I tried them on. They had a neoprene interior just like my TapOut hook and loop training gloves. Which is my favorite feature of both of these gloves. Neoprene is the $hit that is in the interior of combat sports shin guards. Neoprene is really nice, it feels really nice on the hands. Any glove with a neoprene interior make a boxing glove feel like it is the cadillac of boxing gloves.

I have tried on many pairs of boxing gloves at On The Mat. Fairtexes, Combat sports, ringside. And the wrist support I felt in the new everlast protex 2 is unmatched. Yes these gloves have the best wrist support I have ever felt in any glove period!

So I decided to hit the heavy bag a few times with them at about 50% speed. The hand protection felt just ok but better than the original everlast cheapies. I'am not so sure about the hand protection. They were only 14oz gloves and I did not hit the bag at 80% to 100%, so Iam not sure but it is not bad.

Overall I would say these gloves are on par with some expensive gloves. They have the best wrist support I have ever felt in a boxing glove. But they are made out of fake leather I'am not sure how long they will last?

I think these are great gloves for someone who is on a budget. I would say these gloves are well worth $39.00. Or for someone who is new to the sport and they are not sure if they are going to stick with it or not.

I'am wonderind how great the high end everlast protex 3 is. The protex 3 has four or five layers of padding over the knuckles and is made out of real leather.

Just trying on the protex 2's, make me want to buy a pair of protex 3's. But I dont know about paying $199 for them?

Good post - I was actually looking into these as a second pair of gloves, so I don't flatten out the padding in my Twins and ruin them for sparring.

Which gloves have you used that have had significantly better hand protection?

I am leaving the office in a second, but wanted to give you a quick reply. For what it's worth, before picking up the Everlast line I was actually fortunate enough to be able to visit their headquarters in NY and try all of the new products out firsthand. I was not willing to sell the product based on the Everlast name alone as we've already got plenty of gear to offer, but I was thoroughly impressed by all of the products they have put together.

MMA Gloves: The form fit on the professional gloves is awesome and what I immediately noticed is that they don't "bite" or "pinch" your hand like many gloves do when clenching your first. They feel very comfortable. I didn't get a chance to strike with them (not that you'd want my personal opinion on that anyways!), but the padding felt solid and they covered the knuckes appropriately on the training gloves. The company consulted with many professional fighters in addition to Randy when designing the MMA gloves, so they solicited a lot of feedback before pushing out the final product. They are sleeved, so no cut issues (maybe that was on older product, not sure?).

Protex3s: The price may seem high, but I can safely say they are the best 16 oz. gloves I've ever put on. The key selling point is all in the layered wrist support (look at the picture they look like wedges) - it's nice and snug, but doesn't feel like it's cutting off circulation to your hand. The contour is great as well and they just feel right. If you train a lot they would make a great gift to yourself! :icon_chee

Hope that helps a little bit, but I'm sure you'd like to hear from people who've used them in training as would I - so keep the comments coming! -Mika, CEO MMAWarehouse.com

thanks for the feedback...might give the mma gloves a try

Good post - I was actually looking into these as a second pair of gloves, so I don't flatten out the padding in my Twins and ruin them for sparring.

Which gloves have you used that have had significantly better hand protection?
Right now I'am using the TapOut 18oz training Boxing glove. I would say the hand protection is great. There is 3inches of foam over the knuckles. I weigh 325lbs and can hit the heavy bag at about 80%. And my hands feel great while doing it and after. The wrist protection could be a little bit better though. But wrist protection is not bad neither.

Back