everlast 100 lb heavy bag question

monroe

White Belt
Reaction score
i just hung up my 100 lb everlast heavy bag and there are some areas where it is hard as cement, especially the bottom of the bag. does anybody know what i can do to fix this problem and have a more evenly dispersed hardness?

i just hung up my 100 lb everlast heavy bag and there are some areas where it is hard as cement, especially the bottom of the bag. does anybody know what i can do to fix this problem and have a more evenly dispersed hardness?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Everlast Heavy Bags. Don't tell me, let me guess, Is it a 100 lb. Everlast "Nevatear" Bag?

:icon_chee

I have the same issue with mine
Just take it down every few weeks and let the thing settle out
or if it really bothers you, take out the sand that they put inside the thing, and re-stuff it with rags, or rubber mulch.

the rags though will also settle.Normal thing is to lay it down and hit it with a baseball bat until the rags re-settle around and are softer.

What I did...

Use it as a Floor Bag and get a better bag.
I even restuffed mine and added a padded liner.

so is it just everlast heavybags that do this? or do other brands do this too....i've never owned a heavy bag before. i'm used perfect banana bags at the gym where nothing feels like cement.

otherwise i'm gonna sell this bag and get another one

so is it just everlast heavybags that do this? or do other brands do this too....i've never owned a heavy bag before. i'm used perfect banana bags at the gym where nothing feels like cement.

otherwise i'm gonna sell this bag and get another one

No, not all bags are like that. It depends on the bag, however, some of the Everlast Bags, and particularly the Nevatear Model Bags, have had a reputation for doing that. I believe it is related to the compositon of the fill (a mixture of sand and shredded rags). It is not long before the sand filters down to the base of the bag and compacts like concrete. Some people take the bag down and allow it to stay upside down for awhile before rehanging it, others beat on it with something, and other people empty and refill it with different composition fill or get rid of it all together.

If it continues to have a lower bag consistency like concrete, you can empty it out, try to filter some of the sand out of the fill, line the inside wall with a layer of closed cell foam (carpet underpad) and repack the bag with the rags that came out, and add some shredded cloth strips to fill the excess void. Some people also add a smaller diameter PVC material type tube to the inside center of the bag to add structure, however, that is generally on Muay Thai length bags.

Everlast seems to be marketing bags with better consistency fill lately, but you may not have one of them. If you choose to get another bag, the Fairtex HB6, and KO Fightgear 100 and 130 lb. bags, seem to be the preferred choice of upper end MT bags, and the best dollar value, lower cost bag, is the Title Classic Banana Bag at 100 lbs., and under $100.00. I hope this helps.

I would go with this bag:

Heavy Bags from Aries

or their Vinyl version:

Heavy Bags from Aries

Aries carries a wide range of heavy bags & free standing bags. Both our leather and vinyl heavy bags are made with complete attention to stitching quality & workmanship and are hand-filled with 100% rag content. We do not use any heavy filling or sand bags, so the bags will retain their shape and will not settle or lump.

Maybe you can try putting this on your bag:

TITLE Boxing Heavy Bag Gel Wrap | TITLE Boxing Heavy Bags & Accessories | TITLE Boxing Gloves, Equipment, Gear, Supplies & Apparel | TITLE Brands from Title Boxing

No, not all bags are like that. It depends on the bag, however, some of the Everlast Bags, and particularly the Nevatear Model Bags, have had a reputation for doing that. I believe it is related to the compositon of the fill (a mixture of sand and shredded rags). It is not long before the sand filters down to the base of the bag and compacts like concrete. Some people take the bag down and allow it to stay upside down for awhile before rehanging it, others beat on it with something, and other people empty and refill it with different composition fill or get rid of it all together.

If it continues to have a lower bag consistency like concrete, you can empty it out, try to filter some of the sand out of the fill, line the inside wall with a layer of closed cell foam (carpet underpad) and repack the bag with the rags that came out, and add some shredded cloth strips to fill the excess void. Some people also add a smaller diameter PVC material type tube to the inside center of the bag to add structure, however, that is generally on Muay Thai length bags.

Everlast seems to be marketing bags with better consistency fill lately, but you may not have one of them. If you choose to get another bag, the Fairtex HB6, and KO Fightgear 100 and 130 lb. bags, seem to be the preferred choice of upper end MT bags, and the best dollar value, lower cost bag, is the Title Classic Banana Bag at 100 lbs., and under $100.00. I hope this helps.

thanks a lot for your feedback. i will try some of the things you mentioned, if all else fails then i i'll look into getting a new bag. The Title Classic Banana Bag that you mentioned for under $100, where can i find that and does it come filled or unfilled?

thanks a lot for your feedback. i will try some of the things you mentioned, if all else fails then i i'll look into getting a new bag. The Title Classic Banana Bag that you mentioned for under $100, where can i find that and does it come filled or unfilled?

Here it is: And, it comes filled.

TITLE CLASSIC BANANA HEAVY BAGS 100 LBS > Punching Bags & Stands > Title MMA

Looks like they are out of stock right now, however, they should be back in stock in 10/2010. Most of the sub $100.00 Muay Thai style bags seem to be out right now, as the one sold by Combat Sports International is also temporarily out of stock, too. You can check with Wes in the Title Question and Answer thread here in this forum as to when (exactly) they will be back in stock.

Back