Ever work in a fast food joint?

Never worked in fast food. I would never do it. I'd rather be broke or sell drugs.

Nope. Never worked a blue collar job and never will.

Never worked in fast food. I would never do it. I'd rather be broke or sell drugs.
No way. It builds character when you are young, and pushes you to be better than a full-time burger flipper.

I did and it was the only good part about the job.

Japanese Colonel Sanders was awesome. @Hyperglide

kfc-japan.png

No but my first job was at a grocery store bagging shit. All these old ladies telling me to double the bags. Fucking bullshit. $5.15 an hour.

Was it enjoyable being able to drive around? Or was it high demand stress work?
It depended on the day. A steady afternoon in the spring was a perfect time for cruising around, making tips, and enjoying the day, but Saturday night during football season or the fourth of July will be 8 hours of nonstop rushing to cover other people's fuck ups while you take the heat from customers, only to have to do 5 more hours of dishes because people let them sit and build for 9 hours.

Senior year of High school, I worked at Pizza Hut. I really like the experience. It wasnt until some douchebag employees were hired, that I realized I did not want to do this for a living. Unless I am boss and can never hire said douchebags. But other than them, it was a good experience. I learned lots about the business.
Who you work with is a huge factor in the experience. I am really lucky to work with good people right now, it's making long high stress shifts fly by compared to when a crew falls apart and gives up. I worked a shitty Pizza Hut in Texas, and a pretty nice one in Colorado for a short time, and the experience was completely different.

Worked at Arby's. I did not like working front line cause I hate talking to people. Working back line was fun making the sandwiches. The people I worked with were cool.

I have 2 memories that I will never forget: 1) I got my teeth kicked in during a robbery and 2) when I worked the counter and got into an argument with a deaf guy about whether or not he could use a coupon. That was pretty surreal:)

Never worked in the food industry, I take it you deal with all kinds of shit

Arby's for a summer.

KFC for a week, Took me years to eat at a KFC again.

I used to work at a concession stand during football games in high school. Made people Frito pies, chili dogs and sold Mr. Pibb to them. Ate a crap ton of Fritos and drank so much soda working there. I used to sneak my friends soda for free as well, which now thinking back on it, was pretty dumb

Long John Silvers for a short stint at 16 when I got my first car and then Arby's until the summer before college. Arby's was pretty relaxed due to shitty management. We got away with a lot and ate a lot of free food. Long John Silver's sucked due to strict management, but we were never busy besides Sunday.

No fast food experience for me, I'm sure I'd hate it. The pay is horrible too. I worked construction from 14 years old and then in a factory at 16- much better pay, about $15 per hour, and that was over 20 years ago.

Oh, I also did snack stands at Disney World. Did not have to fry anything, but was a shit ton of work for little pay.

No the pay was always too low. I did work as a busboy at Red Lobster. It was slave labor but the waiters would tip us out and I used to make 150 on a sat night.

Never worked at restaurants or fast food, but I did work at a Harris Teeter and it sucked.

My boss was a womanlet (like 4 ft 8in) and was pregnant so she had major attitude swings. Also my co manager failed his drug test and raged at work lol.

Such a horrible job having to stand there and act nice to entitled asshole customers who though they were (high class) because they went to HArris Teeter and not walmart.

Any Sherdoggies ever work in a fast food joint? Any pros or cons about working?

My Freshman year in college I worked at A&W. Saved a ton of money eating at work and taking food home after my shift.

Did you gain weight eating the food all the time?

Back