ever watch a fight and see it closer than u remember

Quite a few fights I've seen were closer than I originally thought. The ones that stick out:

Leonard vs. Hearns 2 (not the outright robbery a lot of people make it out to be)
Junior Jones vs. Orlando Canizales
Hagler vs. Antuofermo 1 (again, not a robbery. Hagler did more damage but Vito scored a lot of points through volume)
Quartey vs. Vargas

And fights that were less competitive than I originally thought:

Arguello vs. Mancini - Arguello controlled the whole fight
Leonard vs. Hearns 1 - I thought Leonard was doing a good job stalking Hearns down
Ali vs. Foreman - Ali damn near won every round in my book before the stoppage

leonard hearns 2 i thought was close as well. hearns knocked ray down twice. Ray had hearns rocked pretty badly in two rounds including the 12th. The rest of the fight was pretty much even. If you make both of those rounds 10-8 for ray it's a draw which is what i think the judges did.

The Toney-Holyfield fight was never close, at all. Holyfield one the first and that was it.

The Gatti-Patterson 2 fight was interesting. I thought Patterson was robbed in two different spots: first the knockdown he scored in the first and second the knockdown scored against him in the 7th or 8th. You take away the point and give him the point for his knockdown it makes the fight much closer.

I still had Gatti winning, even after I scored it that way but it wasn't the 117-111 from the original scoring. I had it 115-113 Gatti, after giving Patterson the 2 points.

Both his fights with Patterson were interesting. Gatti won them but he was getting cracked good with counters. His heart and work rate won him the rounds...

Back