Ever notice when watching a fight...

Of course. I'll watch who I want to win generally. If I can, at some point I'll rewatch and keep an eye on the other guy.

Dude I totally do this! I've noticed it over the last year I almost always watch one fighter, usually it's who I want to win

I do that a lot I try to watch for who makes the 1st move and then watch the counters

Yes, this is a good point. I think I am swayed more by my anticipation of what a fighter will do, or by what I think is a key aspect of the fight than by like or dislike.

I do this all the time too. I usually focus on the fighter I like the most or want to see win.

I've said it before, you can't watch a fight through the middle. You'll instinctively watch the more active fighter if there's no favorite involved. If there is, you tend to focus more on what he does than the action, which I've learned to watch over time.

Penn/Edgar 1 sums this up well. The judges watched the more active fighter, while Penn fans like myself watched him counter left hook Frankie over and over when he stepped into the pocket.

Last edited:
Yeah we probably all do that to some extent. If you're looking at the subtle elements of techniques, it'd be pretty damn hard to watch both fighters at the same time. One would be little more than in the periphery.

Worst poster on Sherdog. LOL.

Worst poster.....nah.

Worst "look at me I try way too hard to be funny and want to be popular" poster, absolutely.

I find myself watching both guys back and forth for the most part but I've caught myself doing the same thing were you just focus on one guy.

I wonder what percentage of "I watch the fighter I want to win" guy is also "Decision- was-a-Robbery-Thread" guy. I'm guessing close to 100.

But yeah, i also tend to focus more on the guy I like better as a fighter and generally place more emphasis on the good things that he's done and downplay the successful attacks of the opponent. That's why I'm sure that Perosh was robbed against Bader.

Yup. I keep my eyes to the guy I want to win. This screws my experience a lot of times since my guys have the unfortunate tendency to lose via close decisions. This leaves me butthurt for a day or two, since I could swear that 90% of the heat came from my guy.

Its called Joe Roganing a fight.

Well, I watched a few events while I was high. I swear I could see every single movement by both fighters like it was slo-mo. I also figured the secret to be invincible in MMA but damn never been able to remember it after.

When the women fight, my eyes are usually on their ass 90% of the time. The other 10% is watching for a tit to pop out.

Same here, minus the tit ;)

Sometimes I keep whatching what the Ref is doing, so I hit myself and pay attention to the fight again

Same here.

Sometimes I'm looking in the audience as well, trying to spot Dana or Lorenzo or guys that I would know. But the fights needs to be boring for me to do that.

Well, I watched a few events while I was high. I swear I could see every single movement by both fighters like it was slo-mo. I also figured the secret to be invincible in MMA but damn never been able to remember it after.

It's not that you don't remember it after, it's that the "secret" was stupid all along, you just thought it was brilliant cause you were high.

Try writing down all your brilliant high-thoughts on paper, and then read it the next day, you'll blush at yourself and eat the paper to your great shame.

You gotta remind yourself to look at both guys sometimes.

I mostly watch the space between them and try to see what could come up.

Maybe I'll keep an eye on 1 fighter more if I'm rewatching the fight.

It's not that you don't remember it after, it's that the "secret" was stupid all along, you just thought it was brilliant cause you were high.

Try writing down all your brilliant high-thoughts on paper, and then read it the next day, you'll blush at yourself and eat the paper to your great shame.

I am shocked, shocked :eek:

i pay attention to both fighters and usually know who's getting their asses kicked regardless of who's fighting.

I was going to start a thread similar to this, but thought it was too out there for Sherdog

My eye tends to follow the guy that I think is going to do the most spectacular thing.

Weird but true observation....it really depends though, sometimes I have no vested interest in the fighters and am just intrigued by the footwork/stance, a move they are setting-up/using, the amount of damage someone has taken, e

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back