Ever Met Any Celebrities? What were they like? Quentin Tarantino Story Inside.

Met chuck Liddell and his little dog on a flight to vegas. Seemed nice and took a pic.

Met semmy schilt after a k1 event in Vegas (mayhem at the mirage). Everyone was telling him to ignore me and get out of the arena. He stopped and said no, took a pic with me and talked briefly. Hes my all time favourite fighter so it meant a lot to me.

Met Joe Sakic, was ultra cool. Did a speech for our hockey team and stayed around on his own time. Signed everything for us kids. Peter Forsberg was there to, he didnt do much but he was cool.
I was a goalie and wanted to meet Patrick Roy but he refused and walked right through us. Dick move but maybe he was having a bad day, gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I'll try to think of some entertainment celebs.

I saw Henry Winkler one time but I couldn't remember his name, I did remember the Fonz though so I gave him a double thumbs up and an "ayyy", he just shook his head and rolled his eyes. He seemed to be annoyed by my antics, I don't blame him though I would be annoyed by me too.

Hes supposed to be a nice guy. It was probably you haha. I'd prob do the same thing, then instantly regret it.

So I'm in the grocery store the other day buying some cotton balls. And around the corner, I head down the ointment isle, and who should I spot... none other than Kent Brockman

I know KSI. Super cool guy. Not much like his onscreen persona when the camera is not rolling

I know KSI. Super cool guy. Not much like his onscreen persona when the camera is not rolling
Is it true he’s a homosexual?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that but have heard many weird stories about him

He's merely a youtuber though, unless online views count towards stats now.
Except he has more fans than nearly any celebrity out there. You ever been out in public with him? He has to have a bodyguard because people treat him like a rock star. He is more of a celebrity than 90% of the "celebrities" out there

I went to High School with Busta Rhymes. He was Trevor Smith back then. We ride our bikes into the woods and do jumps. We both had the same color suede pumas with fat laces and people called us the Puma brothers.

Shook hands with Mauro and Fedor at the HCF show in Calgary back in like 2007.

Fedor was getting mobbed so I stuck my hand out, he shook it and I got out of the way.

My friend and I went down and got a pic with Mauro before the show started and it was super awkward because he obviously thought we were going to chat with him but we just got a pic and walked away. I think we were the only people there who knew who he was.

This was the main event that night. The fights kind of sucked.

Sean Salmon fought some Canadian capoeira fighter that everyone was really hyped on and Salmon dominated him.

Also some girl got super hyped during her walkout, dancing all over the place and playing for the crowd and then gassed in like the first minute of her fight which was pretty hilarious.

James Mattis before he was SecDef.

I think it was when he was making Theranos money and doing consulting work in the ME.

I had no idea who he was, but middle aged men around me were absolutuly giddy meeting him.

Nancy Pelosi. When I first met her, I shook her hand and told her my name.

She replied with "I remember you from the meeting this morning."

Not really any big time celebrities. Quite a few musicians, Trent Reznor probably being the most “famous.” Was introduced to Ed Begley Jr. at the Hustler store in Hollywood. That was actually cool for me as I’m a big Spinal Tap fan. Haven’t met too many MMA personalities:

Frank Mir—super, super cool guy, I really appreciated my chat with him.
Ryan Bader— very nice dude, especially since it was the day before the Fedor fight and I was all decked out in Fedor gear.
TJ Dillashaw—very quick interaction. He was pleasant but seemed in a hurry.
Jerry Millen—weird/funny meeting with him. We ended up in an elevator together at a mall a few hours before the Fedor-Mir fight. Wasn’t a douche at all like I expected, was actually very cool with a weird sense of humor.
Hans Kruse—one of Fedor’s strength/conditioning coaches from Holland. Super, super cool nice guy. Was really cool meeting him.

that’s all I got.

Not really any big time celebrities. Quite a few musicians, Trent Reznor probably being the most “famous.” Was introduced to Ed Begley Jr. at the Hustler store in Hollywood. That was actually cool for me as I’m a big Spinal Tap fan. Haven’t met too many MMA personalities:

Frank Mir—super, super cool guy, I really appreciated my chat with him.
Ryan Bader— very nice dude, especially since it was the day before the Fedor fight and I was all decked out in Fedor gear.
TJ Dillashaw—very quick interaction. He was pleasant but seemed in a hurry.
Jerry Millen—weird/funny meeting with him. We ended up in an elevator together at a mall a few hours before the Fedor-Mir fight. Wasn’t a douche at all like I expected, was actually very cool with a weird sense of humor.
Hans Kruse—one of Fedor’s strength/conditioning coaches from Holland. Super, super cool nice guy. Was really cool meeting him.

that’s all I got.

What's reznor like?

Also I trained with a few pro fighters like James Irvin and Scott Smith. Both were very unapproachable and impersonal.

I once saw Scott Smith at a local fight card on which my friend was fighting Andre Fili (got destroyed). I didn’t meet him but was shocked because I thought he would be much larger and more muscular. He looked so normal.

Cung Le once came to my gym to train. I immediately recognized him as I walked in, but thought “Wow, that guy looks just like Cung Le, but older.” Well, it turns out it was him.

What's reznor like?
He was quiet, nice, and polite. I met him after a NIN concert on the Downward Spiral tour, I would’ve been about 17 at the time. I was super into all kinds of industrial music at that time, and I was basically a kid, so I was kind of in awe, lol. He was wearing that same leather jacket that he has on in the “Closer” video.
The thing I remember is that there was quite a lot of us hanging around hoping to meet him and get our shit autographed, so the venue security said we could only get 1 thing autographed, no more than that. But I wanted a 2nd autograph for my friend who couldn’t make it to the show that night. So I apologized and asked Trent if he’d sign 2 things. Security scowled at me, but Trent was just like “Yeah man, of course,” and seemed totally unbothered by having to sign additional shit. Seemed like a nice dude.

When my friends and I were young, we saw lots of shows and it was sort of our thing to try and get something signed afterwards as a memento. I’ve met a lot of diff bands but no one super famous because we were seeing club shows mainly. Some of the ones that might be interesting: Les Claypool, Al Jorgensen from Ministry, Maynard James Keenan, Thrill Kill Kult a bunch of times, and the only one who was kind of a dick: Glenn Danzig. Those were fun days.

Brett Favre- i played football at southern Mississippi so he was around a lot, kind of a dick

Adam Sandler-Surfed with him back in 2006 at Doheny In SoCal. Really awesome guy was just him and myself and my mom.

Michael Jai White- met him after the Fedor vSylvia fight, didn’t know who he was and was walking in the parking lot talking about the fight. Someone comes up and asks for an autograph from “the spawn guy” and my buddy at the time argues with him for about 1 minute that he wasn’t the guy in Spawn. Eventually my buddy goes oh shit it is you can I get a picture, he rolled his eyes but was nice enough to take one

Randy Couture- dame event took a leak next to him just us 2 in the bathroom lol washing my hands after and he comes up and I just said I hope him and Fedor get to fight, 2 Goats. He said he hoped so and thank you and walked out

Goldberg- asked for a picture while he was signing some chicks tits and he he just ignored me

Michael Bisping- was lifting at 24 hour in Orange and he was in there lifting also, didn’t say anything to him but he was a bigger guy then I thought.

coolest one was Aleksandet E.- after the Fedor/Sylvia fight also I saw him getting into a limo with some blonde broads in a back alley about 150 yards away. I yelled his name as he was getting in, got out and turned around and waved me down to him. I jogged down as quick as I could and told him he was the man and asked for a picture, he just nodded with this big smile, my buddy ran down after me and took a picture, he shook my hand and I said your the man, he responded “no, you.” Got in the limo and left. Was a huge guy but was super sick that he stopped and made time. I’ll have to find the photo somewhere

I am an expert at detecting internet lies, and this story does not seem to fit the bill for the, "literally none of this happened," response. I have personally never been to a theater that allows drinking but I am sure there are places that allow it. The chick rubbing her chest in someones face, seems a little suspect but this was just a touch before, literally anything and everything would go viral over night so it seems plausible.
FWIW, I've personally been to that theater in Austin, and yes they allow drinking, and I remember it being the first theater I'd gone to that had food and drinks served like that in the theater. Alamo Drafthouse Theater, and the word DRAFTHOUSE in the name ought to be a clue for the doubters (and the TS did put the name in the OP). I think it's becoming more common to serve food and drinks in theaters, though.

FWIW, I've personally been to that theater in Austin, and yes they allow drinking, and I remember it being the first theater I'd gone to that had food and drinks served like that in the theater. Alamo Drafthouse Theater, and the word DRAFTHOUSE in the name ought to be a clue for the doubters (and the TS did put the name in the OP). I think it's becoming more common to serve food and drinks in theaters, though.
These days there’s lots of theaters like that. We go to one that has an app and dinner menu, recliners for seats, and a bar. Any drink with liquor in it is weak as fuck though, you’re better off drinking wine or beer (which they serve). All of this is at movie theater prices, so it makes for pricey movie night. Fun to do every so often though.

Back