Ever have someone crank a submission...

TsukinoKage

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That would normally injure or mess up one of your joints, and actually fixed or made better any pre-existing injuries?

I have this whole jacked up region by my shoulder/neck. Once in a while a guy will twist a choke that compresses my neck one way and it feels like stuff falls in place, and my shoulder stars feeling better. I don't know whether to be happy or disturbed about this.

How about you guys?

Well, one time i was having a horrible shoulder pain after being thrown with a very nasty uchi mata. The next day, while rolling with some huge guy, he got on side control and spent a good 5 minutes there. After that, i had no pain in my shoulder at all.

I attributed it to the healing powers of the big fat dude. Or something.

I have a horrible injury in my neck still, 1 year later, after a guillotine.
So nah.. :(

Well, one time i was having a horrible shoulder pain after being thrown with a very nasty uchi mata. The next day, while rolling with some huge guy, he got on side control and spent a good 5 minutes there. After that, i had no pain in my shoulder at all.

I attributed it to the healing powers of the big fat dude. Or something.

the mystic fat men have been healers since the dawn of time. the extra food they eat is meant to heal the pain of others.

I injured my knee being the victim of a sloppy training partner's awful Uchi Mata attempt. Six months later, I was still dealing with some residual pain and had moved to another school.

I was rolling with a new guy in No-Gi class and shifted into scissor guard. He immediately grabbed the foot of my top leg and tried some kind of funky heel hook from inside my scissor guard. My knee popped loud and we both froze, fearing the worst.

It was kind of sore the next day, but after about a week ALL the pain was gone including the pain from the old injury.

***EDIT**** For the record, I do NOT recommend having newbs crank leg locks in attempts to heal knee injuries regardless of my weird case of accidental success in that area. :icon_chee

some little dude did a neck crank on me and i heard my neck snap
thankfully it didnt' break. But my neck hurt like crazy. I think the was trying 2 do a choke but it wasn't choking me it was just hurtin my neck.
idk

When i'm rolling with my girl, I let her get me in an armbar position so she feels good, and she will torque the hell out of it. Then she goes and tells all her friends that she armbarred me and that her armbars are good. Dumbass.

When i'm rolling with my girl, I let her get me in an armbar position so she feels good, and she will torque the hell out of it. Then she goes and tells all her friends that she armbarred me and that her armbars are good. Dumbass.

That's awesome!

a long time ago when i had just touched in jiu-jitsu basics, I was rolling with some of my "amateur" friends. One of them was bigger and stronger than me and was trying to sink in a rear naked, but he was at my side and not my back, so instead he essentially just wrapped his arm around my head, hooked his legs around mine, and cranked it. My neck popped and I tapped, afterwards my neck hurt like a bitch but it all turned out fine.

hmm, when i get shit cranked on it just makes things worse...

i'm thinking that just sometimes (very inadvertantly) a crank or bad position ends up being similar to what a chiropractor does when he's cracking your back...

the mystic fat men have been healers since the dawn of time. the extra food they eat is meant to heal the pain of others.

I agree. All people who train any form of grappling and/or striking, should have a fat man on their gym, so that they can be properly treated and healed by their mystical cholesterol powers.

I agree. All people who train any form of grappling and/or striking, should have a fat man on their gym, so that they can be properly treated and healed by their mystical cholesterol powers.

HDL cholesteoll > LDL cholesterol

this happened to me last weekend. I was rolling with a friend with limited experience. I talk him through a scissor sweep he ends up with my foot and cranks a heel hook, which ended up spraining my knee. lucky it's just a minor sprain. I think he just got excited because he's never tapped me. But come on...really?

That would normally injure or mess up one of your joints, and actually fixed or made better any pre-existing injuries?

I have this whole jacked up region by my shoulder/neck. Once in a while a guy will twist a choke that compresses my neck one way and it feels like stuff falls in place, and my shoulder stars feeling better. I don't know whether to be happy or disturbed about this.

How about you guys?

You should see a chiropracter about this.

I had surgery on my shoulder and am always injuring it, but the injuries have gotten smaller as time goes on. Anyways, I posted on it wrong when someone attempted to sweep me and it had been hurting for about a month. One day while rolling I ended up on bottom after a scramble with my opponent in cross-side. He immediately hit the Americana and popped my arm several times and I tapped immediately. He said, "Is that your bad arm?" all quick and I said, "Yeah... but it's fine." Didn't hurt for a long while after that until I did something to it again.

Been slammed to the mat from a takedown a few times and my back goes..pop..pop..pop.

Cheaper than a vist to the Chiro IMO

love the can opener neck adjustments i get from the big strong wrestler types that come to roll at my school

Back