Ever had to rehab something?

towards the end of rehab...the soreness and the pain doesnt bother me one bit.

its that i can't go to the gym that kills me. i can't really sit still as it is and when im forced to sit for days at a time after a surgery i just get really really bored.

i also get jealous reading all of the posts on here of you guys training. im so damn frustrated as we speak.

like the guy above said...rehab blows.

I dunno, I think my unorthodox rehab worked pretty well. I was playing paintball and was standing on some giant tower when some dude started throwing ropes at me. I had no choice but to jump down and return fire. After the jump my foot has been good for over 3 years.

But yeah I see where you are coming from, it's good advice.

Everythign I know is really from my psyio due to multiple leg injuries lol (shattered femur and had a bus drive over my foot, breaking i think 4 or 5 bones in it.) so a lot of this is fro mmemory / what has worked for me, so yes everyone is different.

After 3 months of not walking at all after the foot break, I was wakling on crutches to gradually get it used to weight etc. The tentativeness was ME, beacuse I was too unconfident to put weigh ton it. The day I got rid of the crutches, i HAD to force myself to put my whole weight down. No lies here - the first few 'steps' I took, involved me putting my footdown, slowly puttin weight thru it, and my bones actaully readjusting bk into a groove, as in i FELT my ankle 'sink' deeper into my foot. It didn't hurt at all, jus made me feel fuckign sick, and the scraping noise was horrible. So I don't doubt for a second that jumping down a short way on a healed bone would be good for it. you probly acheieved in one motion what took me bout 3 or 4 days to achieve lol. (albeit painfully).

I had a runners knee(or perhaps it was jumpers) for a while, from doing to much basketball I guess. When I was training in thailand(read 6 hours a day 6 days a week) it became a problem during jogging.

It did not affect me at all during kicking, pads, bagwork etc. I just walked when it hurt to run, and gradually it went away and I havent been bothered since. I guess it was the stability muscles that got developed.

I also fractured my forearm. Didnt do any rehab other than let it heal, then training a lot of mobility and gradually developing the power again. Same there, no problems any more.

Twice:

Torn Labrum - Right shoulder
Sports Hernia - Left groin

Hernia not fully healed (as it might not without surgery)

I have rehabed both my right and left shoulders. The left shoulder was 3 years ago from a judo injury. I thought I would need surgery on it - who knows maybe someday I will but for now it is fairly strong and does not dislocate anywhere near as often.

The right shoulder (car wreck) I rehabed for 3 months to no avail. I had rotator cuff surgery on it a year ago. Rehab after the surgery was pretty miserable for about 2 months, after that it started hurting less and getting stronger.

I don't know how old you are or how active. But if you want to compete at any level your better off just doing the rehab and/or surgery if necessary and come back. You'll lose about 9 to 12 months before you are really back to 100% but it is worth it. Remember the older you are the harder it is to recover so get it squared away while you're young.

i'm stuck in rehab hell right now with my lower back. Been an ongoing thing for over 2 years, 2 stuffed discs is hard to come back from :(

Back