Ever had a surgery done?

Right after I was born I had hernia surgery, but I have no memory of it. I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed and they put me out for it. And I had multiple surgeries for ingrown toenails.

Wisdom teeth removed 20 years ago.
Carpel tunnel release 10 years ago.
Vasectomy 5 years ago
Hernia 1 year ago

Last edited:
Shaved down 1 meniscus
Stapled the other back in place
Eyelid surgery when 1 started dropping. Literally had to have the doctor slice my eye lid without anesthesia because I had to keep them both open so he knew how much to cut.

Got a lazy eye fixed when I was two, freaking out at the hospital is actually my oldest memory.

I had a cyst removed from my thyroid gland. It had been there for years, visible, but completely harmless. Until it got infected, then it swelled up to the point that it took up about 30% of the circumference of my neck.
The infection was treated and the cyst went back to its normal size, but I had surgery a few months later.

When I woke up from the anaesthetic I had three unpleasant surprises; one, I started to choke due to build-up mucus in my throat. I kept sitting straight up like Frankstein's monsters in an old film but a nurse would just slam me back into the bed. Second, there was... something hanging out my neck. I just assumed the stitches had burst and neck meat or whatever was spilling out. My mom had to explain to me that I had a small bottle attached via a tube that went into my neck to allow fluids to drain. Thanks to doctors for not filling me in on that one. Lastly, someone had taken off my underwear for some reason. I had worn them because this was the NHS in the mid-90s and making a 16-year-old boy walk to surgery with his arse on show for all to see was acceptable. I disagreed, hence the Y fronts. Why the fuck take them off in the middle of surgery though? Was Jimmy Savile visiting that day or something?

The missing underwear is hilarious lol.

Golf Ball sized tumor on right foot.
Small calcified blood clot on left foot,
Hernia mesh install
Right Achilles rupture repaired.

Hernia was the worst for me. They say you'll be back to doing things in a few weeks. Walking around was okay. Working out though? Try 5-6 MONTHS.

Whenever I see an athlete have to get hernia repair, I always think, "See you next year/season."
I had one fixed last November. It wasn't major, golf ball sized. But I was back to working out about 9 weeks later. Had to basically start over with light weights so as not to strain but a year later im pretty much back to where I was. I guess it depends on the severity

Wisdom teeth
Ureteroscopy x 2 (once last year and once last month for kidney stone blockages)

Had my right shoulder scoped. My second time ever being put out via anesthesia. I was curious as to how I would react, seeing as I had largely stopped drinking and my tolerance was lowered but I had gained weight and lots of drugs have little effect on me (the percocet they gave me did absolutely nothing except keep me from pooping.) Didn't even make it to "96" from "100."

Finger bone hollowed out and repacked with donor bone
Metal plate from orbital blow out fracture
Hernia
Meniscus trimmed to stop impingement

Compartment syndrome left leg.
images

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...artment-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20350830
Overview. Chronic exertional compartment syndrome is an exercise-induced muscle and nerve condition that causes pain, swelling and sometimes disability in the affected muscles of the legs or arms.

https://runnersconnect.net/compartment-syndrome-what-is-it-and-how-to-fix-it/
Unfortunately, if you want to continue training at the same level as before your injury, there is only one well tested treatment for compartment syndrome in runners, surgery. The procedure, called a fasciotomy, involves making slits in the compartments of your lower leg to allow room for them to expand during exercise.
////////

Was running about 40 to 60 miles a week at the time; but it was a chronic thing that happens to many runners/joggers & athletes, according to my orthopedic and even my other doc was a runner & she had it too. Assured me I’d be all right to run after awhile again.

Had surgery at 24 years old and probably took about 6 to 9 months to be 100%.
Probably would’ve repaired quicker had I rehabbed more diligently.
Rehab & physical therapy is everything & critical post op.

I have a big ass scar running vertically on my left side of knee.

Last edited:
Tonsillectomy at age 2
Hand surgery to remove grease injected when a grease gun hose blew.
Both knees scoped to remove torn meniscus.
Both knees replaced.
An occluder placed in my heart to fill a 14mm atrial septal defect that allowed blood to bypass my lungs.

I should have shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff and torn biceps tendon on one shoulder and torn rotator cuff on the other.

I also have a Pars defect at L5 that would require surgery to repair.

Circumcision in 2002 age 23.

hemroids 10 years ago
may need it again
God almighty, how did I forget my hemorrhoid surgery. Worst thing i've ever gone through. I couldn't piss and had to go to the ER that night for a catheter. Later one of the stitches unraveled enough to reach my asshole. Everytime something touched it, it hurt so much I saw stars.

Califlour ears drained and wisdom teeth removed if that counts

My piss hole was too small and got it enlarged. My stream has never been the same

Back