Ever gotten Deja Vu from being hit in the head?

fightingrabbit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I get Deja Vu when i get rocked by a hard punch i dont see coming. Literally Deja Vu. You all know the feeling, but instead its happening in a ring. I was wondering if anyone else ever experienced this. Its happened enough times now to where its a cause for concern to me. Now i know for certain that theres nothing mystical about it. It just happens when you get hit in the head real hard. I'm hoping im not the only one here..

Hahha Im not the only one sweet, like i will get cliped and im like shit dude we already done did this before, but its more like a dream that happend to me before. Idk it's hard/weird to explain but i dont mind it.

I get Deja Vu when i get rocked by a hard punch i dont see coming. Literally Deja Vu. You all know the feeling, but instead its happening in a ring. I was wondering if anyone else ever experienced this. Its happened enough times now to where its a cause for concern to me. Now i know for certain that theres nothing mystical about it. It just happens when you get hit in the head real hard. I'm hoping im not the only one here..

Maybe your cause for concern should be with the fact that you're getting 'hit in the head real hard' so often.

No, but I took an ass kicking yesterday and dreamed of boxing the whole night.

what if you were having deja vu, and you got knocked in the head during the vision, thus causing you to have deja vu about having deja vu all the while having deja vu about getting punched in the face...

...and then you have a hemmorage.

I'm googling this in 2021 cause I've experienced this probably 5 or 6 times when I was doing hard sparring for MMA. This is very real and I remember looking this up many years ago but there is not too much information on it. I'm going to a neurologist tomorrow cause I had a car accident in 2018 in which I hit my head extremely hard, with 38 stitches on the top of my forehead. After the accident, I had several brain scans and they all came up fine, however, I returned to Boxing training for the first time in 3 years last week and in 20 minutes of semi-hard sparring, I got hit with one shot in the chin that I immediately felt ring my head. I asked for a break cause I felt that one and then we sparred a little longer and we were done. For a week now my head has been sensitive, I lean down and the blood rushes to my head and I get a headache for a second then it's gone. I'm just concerned the car accident did do permanent damage and I won't be able to do hard sparring again. Writing this mostly for myself to gather my questions for the Doctors appointment I have and maybe someone should keep this thread going. It was the first thing that came up on my Google search when I googled "getting hit hard in Boxing does it cause deja vu" and I've been a Sherdog member for almost 20 years now so I'm here, ranting away. Well, I'll end with this, Deja vu does happen when you get hit in the head hard, randomly to me, definitely not every time but like I said at least 5 times.

I get incredibly emotional when I am rocked and everything gets outlined in a shiny purplish-blue that pulses into silvery black; I will also get slight visual distortions like when you're coming up on acid and the walls start looking liquid-ey. I think the visual part is because I took a lot of research chemicals when I was a teenager though. But I think I know what you mean, there's been two occasions where I have been caught with a really good shot and it felt like I had lived that moment before, seems to only happen if I get hit in the temple area. I never thought much of it, just figured that's what happens when you get hit just right.

I mean my vision gets blurry and I get dizzy but for deja vu no. That’s odd, but I guess everyone’s different.

I get incredibly emotional when I am rocked and everything gets outlined in a shiny purplish-blue that pulses into silvery black; I will also get slight visual distortions like when you're coming up on acid and the walls start looking liquid-ey. I think the visual part is because I took a lot of research chemicals when I was a teenager though. But I think I know what you mean, there's been two occasions where I have been caught with a really good shot and it felt like I had lived that moment before, seems to only happen if I get hit in the temple area. I never thought much of it, just figured that's what happens when you get hit just right.
I had to console a big tough mother fucker who caught a spinning back elbow during sparring. One of our pros was bitching out the other guy for throwing stupid, blind techniques way too hard and the guy who got hit burst into tears because they were fighting.

I had to console a big tough mother fucker who caught a spinning back elbow during sparring. One of our pros was bitching out the other guy for throwing stupid, blind techniques way too hard and the guy who got hit burst into tears because they were fighting.
Lol. Did he tell them to stop arguing?

Spacetime.
User who posted in necro as he was having symptoms similar to TS is not a Spacetime alt and nor is he a troll. Genuine bump is genuine.

Been hit pretty hard a bunch of times but never felt anything like that.

Ive had this exact thing and from what I was told its your eye to brain pathway slowing down by something silly (0.008 milliseconds or something I cant remember) but its enough to trigger that deja vu feeling

Back