Ever get anyone fired who deserved it?

I sorta tried recently.

I work in a sales department. I'm the only young person in the whole department for the most part. The rest of the sales staff is at least 50, and a couple of them are over 60. One is 72 and still out there selling.

We had a rough year so some of the reps have been catching some shit for it. Having to do extra reporting, getting micromanaged a bit more, etc because most of the older people were clearly just coasting and putting in minimal effort.

So I hear that one of the guys called our biggest competitor and tried to get them to hire him. It didn't fly because he's a moron, but still. I wasn't going to do anything, because it's really not my business...but eventually I told our boss.

The reason I decided to just tell him is that I'm only 30 and I plan to be at the company for a long time. I don't want this asshole who has completely checked out and actively hates the company (and tosses around racist comments weekly) to drag us down any more.

So...flash forward 6 months, he's still here, just as awful as ever, nothing has been or will be mentioned to him from the looks of things. I think they want him to quit so they don't have to worry about unemployment and such.

Nope, not a whiner. Just out work them, or let them get their own self in trouble. Just go in, and do your job. Have fired people before, but never tried to get someone fired.

I rarely complain to management about people who are working, but a few weeks ago I was at a Walmart with my mom while she was getting some pictures developed. I wind up waiting in the photo area while she's getting other stuff. I am line to pay for them and I notice one of the two ladies working the photo area obviously has a cold, sniffling and sneezing and stuff. At one point she sneezes right into her hand, but continues just working without even using the bottle of hand sanitizer that is right there at the register. I didn't think too much of it at the time because it was the other lady ringing customers up.

Anyway, it gets to be my turn, and the lady who had been ringing stuff up steps to the back, and the sneezy lady walks up and takes the pictures out of my hand to stuff them in the envelope thing. I am literally just standing there stunned that sneezy hands has touched pictures that I'm going to hand to my mother, who will be touching with with her own bare hands. I pay for my shit and walk to the other end of the store to the customer service area to let them know.

They said they would send her home but I highly doubt even that happened. And honestly I was a bit surprised they didn't offer something like to reimburse me the cost of the photos or fucking something considering one of their employees just rubbed their germs all over it.

work in construction, was doing some sketchy rigging where if the load falls its pretty much death for whoever is down below. I put danger flagging up and as im doing the lift some hot head whos always a grump sees the tape, says WTF is this and before i can speak just rips it out of his way and walks right under the load. His boss (thought it was just a co-worker) was near me but didn't quite see so I asked ''Is that dickhead with you guys'' guy says yes and proceeds to can the guy. Can't say I felt bad.

work in construction, was doing some sketchy rigging where if the load falls its pretty much death for whoever is down below. I put danger flagging up and as im doing the lift some hot head whos always a grump sees the tape, says WTF is this and before i can speak just rips it out of his way and walks right under the load. His boss (thought it was just a co-worker) was near me but didn't quite see so I asked ''Is that dickhead with you guys'' guy says yes and proceeds to can the guy. Can't say I felt bad.
Ignoring isolation and walking under a load. There's two counts of instant dismissal in most construction jobs

not really fired but I'll share. Recently got hired at a place and find out 2 days in the regional manager is stealing cash from the registers (up to 600-1000 a night). it's like whatever idc just want to get paid. One day he sends me home because the CEO is coming to the store and he doesn't know I'm hired there (being paid under the table) so I go home. buddy calls me later on that night and told me someone tipped off the CEO that the regional manager was stealing cash. CEO follows this guy home and proceeds to take his laptop, hd tv, xbox , ps4, his girls engagement ring (she broke up with him right then and there lol) and was going to take his brand new jeep but he didn't have the pink slip to it. CEO tells him he's going to work until he pays however much he stole (50k in total apparently) back. Haven't seen him since but he's still on the schedule lol

Ignoring isolation and walking under a load. There's two counts of instant dismissal in most construction jobs

exactly and to top it all off he was a huge dick about it.

been fired, but didn't deserve it. Ask one girl to sell you pictures of her feet and suddenly you're a pervert!

been fired, but didn't deserve it. Ask one girl to sell you pictures of her feet and suddenly you're a pervert!

Damn Randy, I wouldn't have fired you for that. Hell I'd have given you a promotion.

Well come on now, some people just want a load all over them. Should be promoted if anything IMO

I sorta tried recently.

I work in a sales department. I'm the only young person in the whole department for the most part. The rest of the sales staff is at least 50, and a couple of them are over 60. One is 72 and still out there selling.

We had a rough year so some of the reps have been catching some shit for it. Having to do extra reporting, getting micromanaged a bit more, etc because most of the older people were clearly just coasting and putting in minimal effort.

So I hear that one of the guys called our biggest competitor and tried to get them to hire him. It didn't fly because he's a moron, but still. I wasn't going to do anything, because it's really not my business...but eventually I told our boss.

The reason I decided to just tell him is that I'm only 30 and I plan to be at the company for a long time. I don't want this asshole who has completely checked out and actively hates the company (and tosses around racist comments weekly) to drag us down any more.

So...flash forward 6 months, he's still here, just as awful as ever, nothing has been or will be mentioned to him from the looks of things. I think they want him to quit so they don't have to worry about unemployment and such.

Managers don't take too kindly to your hidden agenda. They might be perceiving you as someone who feels entitled and a trouble maker on top of that. You're the youngest guy among a bunch of baby boomers so you're the generational outcast. Your political skills are left to be desired.

not really fired but I'll share. Recently got hired at a place and find out 2 days in the regional manager is stealing cash from the registers (up to 600-1000 a night). it's like whatever idc just want to get paid. One day he sends me home because the CEO is coming to the store and he doesn't know I'm hired there (being paid under the table) so I go home. buddy calls me later on that night and told me someone tipped off the CEO that the regional manager was stealing cash. CEO follows this guy home and proceeds to take his laptop, hd tv, xbox , ps4, his girls engagement ring (she broke up with him right then and there lol) and was going to take his brand new jeep but he didn't have the pink slip to it. CEO tells him he's going to work until he pays however much he stole (50k in total apparently) back. Haven't seen him since but he's still on the schedule lol

What the CEO did was theft and can be in as much trouble as the regional manager. CEO is an idiot for not having a control system to balance the money from registered sales and money in cash register. He now needs to prove that the manager stole the money and sue him for it back. Total mishandlement of the situation.

Managers don't take too kindly to your hidden agenda. They might be perceiving you as someone who feels entitled and a trouble maker on top of that. You're the youngest guy among a bunch of baby boomers so you're the generational outcast. Your political skills are left to be desired.

Nah. We're a very small team. My manager is barely 40 and he hired me 8 years ago when I was 23 specifically because he recognized that his entire sales staff at the time (even more aged than we are now) would likely retire within 10 years and needed some youth. He's not threatened by me, my company just never lets anyone go and he's too lazy to look for someone to replace this guy.

Also, no agenda was hidden. I told him the reason I decided to tell him and it was true. I'm not interested in replacing the guy, just don't want his bullshit bringing down our division.

In high school I got my gym teacher fired; he was peeping in the girls locker room, some of the girls said this to the guys of our class, I called him out on it in the middle of the hallway, alot of people gathered and a week later he got fired. It allegedly was his second time so he got the sack. A couple of years later I caught a colleague of mine at the coffeeshop red-handed stealing weed, and money from the register. He took a run for it, so he fired himself.

There was gym teacher like this in my high school. She was a fat, ugly, total dyke who took advantage of her position as the gym teacher to sit and stare while the girls changed. EVERY single girl who had her complained about this. I don't think she ever girl fired. I heard it was some union bs. She eventually quit.

I am looking for stories from anyone who has helped ease someone out of their employment situation who deserved it.

Here is a story of a fellow I know, ill make it as short as possible since I am posting from my phone.

Obligatory long read heads up.

This is from many years ago when I was a butcher at a high-volume market.

I once worked with a fellow who was a true pain in the ass and all around scumbag. He would constantly lie about his daughter and wife "needing him" so he could bail on his shift early whenever he didnt feel like working.

He thought he was too good for menial tasks and would get bent out of shape whenever he had to do anything other than cut the most expensive "fine cuts". Wouldnt help customers, break down poultry, make sausage, etc. And he had a particularly obvious aversion to all of the Mexicans in the market, employees and customers. He also took every chance to talk mad shit about our Manager and our lead clerk who was a middle age single mom with two jobs who also cared for her dying mom and even vouched for this guy to help him get the job.

To top it off he leeched of his wifes parents and begged them for money on the regular to pay his mortgage while he drove around a new mustang. For some context here dude was a 5 foot 4 ginger with a circa 2002 era Dwayne Johnson haircut, sideburns and all, and he would keep a snus packet in his mouth all day while cutting.

So one day he goes to grind some of the cheaper ground beef we sell (73% lean bs) and throws in a lug of table scraps into the grinder. The grinder starts to choke as he pumps it out but he pays it no mind. As the night clerk breaks down the grinder to clean it he finds a rag, all shredded and ripped to pieces wrapped around the auger in the grinder head. He tells the guy what he found and that he should toss that batch of ground beef because it is tainted by the rag and there could be scraps of it in the packages of ground beef. The guy tells him to fuck off and put the beef into the counter for sale (it was in 3 lb+ family packs). The kid was scared to get fired so he did it despite his objections.

The next morning I come in and I get a call from the night clerk who tells me what happened. Naturally I was pissed because now I have to clean up the mess. I pull the entire batch of ground beef and have to write it as a loss and toss it. But then I see an opportunity. The kid was too scared to tell our manager what happened so I tell him I got his back. When the dept manager comes in later that day (his one night shift that week) I tell him we got a call from a customer who had cotton threads in their family pack if 73% grind so I had to pitch the entire batch. Naturally he is like wtf and starts asking questions.

He asks the night clerk what happened and he tells him everything. So they pull the guy into the office and ask him about it. He tries to lie and throw everyone else under the bus, but the problem is there is a camera aimed right at the grinder, and it catches him tossing a lug of trim with a pristine white rag right on top directly into the grinder, as well as the night kid confronting him after he finds the shredded bits of rag in the grinder head.

The asswipe was fired on the spot and had no idea how he got found out. I ended up leaving for greener pastures a few months later.

Cliffs:

-Asshole tossed a rag in with a batch of ground beef and refused to toss the product when called out on it

-I orchestrated a fake complaint to get him caught

-Shitbrain got canned

I love your story. It's so pure. Some douche was judged by his peers. Sounds like he was fairly judged, too. Fuck him.

I rarely complain to management about people who are working, but a few weeks ago I was at a Walmart with my mom while she was getting some pictures developed. I wind up waiting in the photo area while she's getting other stuff. I am line to pay for them and I notice one of the two ladies working the photo area obviously has a cold, sniffling and sneezing and stuff. At one point she sneezes right into her hand, but continues just working without even using the bottle of hand sanitizer that is right there at the register. I didn't think too much of it at the time because it was the other lady ringing customers up.

Anyway, it gets to be my turn, and the lady who had been ringing stuff up steps to the back, and the sneezy lady walks up and takes the pictures out of my hand to stuff them in the envelope thing. I am literally just standing there stunned that sneezy hands has touched pictures that I'm going to hand to my mother, who will be touching with with her own bare hands. I pay for my shit and walk to the other end of the store to the customer service area to let them know.

They said they would send her home but I highly doubt even that happened. And honestly I was a bit surprised they didn't offer something like to reimburse me the cost of the photos or fucking something considering one of their employees just rubbed their germs all over it.

Seriously you need to speak up when that happens. You a bitch. Tell her to use the sanitizer. Those carnies at Wal Mart are uncultured. Just tell that disgusting bitch what's up.

Nah. We're a very small team. My manager is barely 40 and he hired me 8 years ago when I was 23 specifically because he recognized that his entire sales staff at the time (even more aged than we are now) would likely retire within 10 years and needed some youth. He's not threatened by me, my company just never lets anyone go and he's too lazy to look for someone to replace this guy.

Also, no agenda was hidden. I told him the reason I decided to tell him and it was true. I'm not interested in replacing the guy, just don't want his bullshit bringing down our division.

TS's story was legit. A guy was screwing with food safety.

Yours is just screwed up. I'm glad I don't work with you.

Yes I have.

It's tough working with someone day in day out with no work ethic and someone who hurts your packets financially.

I couldn't wait till he got canned. A million warnings did nothing either. He was practiaclly begging to be fired.

I tried to get a couple of dumbasses fired, but when you work for a corporate organization, you need a very strong case to fire someone because corporate will avoid a lawsuit at all costs.

I got tired of everyone's bullshit, so I put in my 2 weeks. On my last day, I took the liberty to vandalize a sign to let go of some frustration.

pWDPZK9.jpg

Back