Ever file an OSHA complaint?

Yeah you're right fuck actually having safe and properly maintained equipment. It's my responsibility to guess which equipment is grounded and if I guess wrong I should get hurt or even die

<LikeReally5>

If you don't think safety is a matter of personal responsibility, you are PART of the problem.

http://www.1ssh.com/news/images/PDFs\Why-safety-needs-to-be-a-matter-of-personal-responsibility--The-Topf-Process.pdf

I'm not trolling you, I am trying to explain to you that you need to stop being a snitch and realize that in order to be safe you have to take responsibility for your own safety. And yes, your company should provide you with a safe working environment too.
Read this slowly because you seem to be having reading comprehension problems. The equipment is not grounded properly. I am not the maintenance department. I have no diagnostic tools to check anything like that. I can only find out the equipment is not grounded or shielded by being electrocuted by it.

There's literally NOTHING I can do other than assume everything is faulty and refuse to operate any of it. Which I can't do and also do my job.

"Snitching" is my only option because they are fucking idiots and refuse to acknowledge the equipment and the work environment in general is unsafe.

Read this slowly because you seem to be having reading comprehension problems. The equipment is not grounded properly. I am not the maintenance department. I have no diagnostic tools to check anything like that. I can only find out the equipment is not grounded or shielded by being electrocuted by it.

There's literally NOTHING I can do other than assume everything is faulty and refuse to operate any of it. Which I can't do and also do my job.

"Snitching" is my only option because they are fucking idiots and refuse to acknowledge the equipment and the work environment in general is unsafe.
A lot of my job is doing LOTO(lock out tag out).
It's time consuming but it really does focus on workers safety. If you wanted to work on a piece of electrical equipment....
You would put in a request
All potential hazards would be identified
A loto would be created
I would go and isolate any potential hazards
Another operator would go behind me and verify
You would then go and verify that it was OK
You would lock onto the job
You would then start your job

That's a dumbed down version but you should get the point. I work at a power plant that takes a safety first approach. I couldn't imagine working a job where safety is of no concern.

So it seems getting fucking shocked like that has made my fibromyalgia flare up. I am in considerable pain bros. Not sure how you would even go about proving that in court, but I'm going to call the lawyer back and see what my options are. I'm seriously considering a lawsuit if there's any chance of winning. I know there are some lawyers here, although I don't think they specialize in workplace injury.

@panamaican would appreciate any input you might have.

A lot of my job is doing LOTO(lock out tag out).
It's time consuming but it really does focus on workers safety. If you wanted to work on a piece of electrical equipment....
You would put in a request
All potential hazards would be identified
A loto would be created
I would go and isolate any potential hazards
Another operator would go behind me and verify
You would then go and verify that it was OK
You would lock onto the job
You would then start your job

That's a dumbed down version but you should get the point. I work at a power plant that takes a safety first approach. I couldn't imagine working a job where safety is of no concern.
They talk a big game about safety but just blame everything on the employee.

So it seems getting fucking shocked like that has made my fibromyalgia flare up. I am in considerable pain bros. Not sure how you would even go about proving that in court, but I'm going to call the lawyer back and see what my options are. I'm seriously considering a lawsuit if there's any chance of winning. I know there are some lawyers here, although I don't think they specialize in workplace injury.

you probably should talk to a lawyer bro

Filed the OSHA compplaint yesterday. On the phone with a local work injury attorney right now. So, we'll see. One things for sure, they're not telling me to go fuck myself and that's it.
Shake your fist at them.

Shake it harder, boy!
HKeuSqP.gif

OSHA stuff is definitely outside of my wheelhouse beyond the broadest of points, I recommend talking to a lawyer who does a lot of these cases.

My only advice is be prepared to have your coworkers turn on you. Unless you have a strong union mentality throughout your coworkers people tend to 'blame the victim'/shoot the messenger so to speak.

Title. If so, how did it go? Did your employer try to fuck with you on the sly or no? Was the OSHA rep actually helpful in resolving the issue?

I just called the 800 number and explained the fucked shit they're doing over the phone. He seemed to agree their actions are retarded and said he'd go down there and have a look around. No case number or follow up instructions or anything. I already started looking for jobs as I suspect they will fuck with me legal or not.

Didn't want to go this route but the working conditions are unsafe and when someone gets hurt they basically blame us and tell us to go fuck ourselves. I dont like being bullied and felt this was my only recourse.

Fuk you progress stopper.

Wait just kidding you describe exactly what happens at my work too hehe

My only advice is be prepared to have your coworkers turn on you. Unless you have a strong union mentality throughout your coworkers people tend to 'blame the victim'/shoot the messenger so to speak.

lmao at people in a warehouse job protecting the employer

i would help throw bosses from a cliff out of sheer principle

Yeah you're right I should just get hurt on a whim whenever, and let them put the blame on me.without fixing the safety hazard. Every time I touch anything electric I should touch up my will first. All of this seems reasonable

<LikeReally5>

Don't perform the work next time. Send emails out why it's unsafe. Document everything.

No but I know someone who did and caused a whole company to fold like a blanket right after. The owner I heard got over a 3 million dollar lawsuit as well. Can’t fuck with OSHA or the IRS.

No but I know someone who did and caused a whole company to fold like a blanket right after. The owner I heard got over a 3 million dollar lawsuit as well. Can’t fuck with OSHA or the IRS.

Back