Ever file an OSHA complaint?

Mike

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Title. If so, how did it go? Did your employer try to fuck with you on the sly or no? Was the OSHA rep actually helpful in resolving the issue?

I just called the 800 number and explained the fucked shit they're doing over the phone. He seemed to agree their actions are retarded and said he'd go down there and have a look around. No case number or follow up instructions or anything. I already started looking for jobs as I suspect they will fuck with me legal or not.

Didn't want to go this route but the working conditions are unsafe and when someone gets hurt they basically blame us and tell us to go fuck ourselves. I dont like being bullied and felt this was my only recourse.

We have to call anytime we respond to a workplace accident with the PD. I've seen them come down like the wrath from God on companies.

We have to call anytime we respond to a workplace accident with the PD. I've seen them come down like the wrath from God on companies.
I'm hoping they at least scare them. It's a large industrial warehouse with various electrical PIT equipment we use to haul shit around. I'd already turned in all my special equipment licenses because I was just sick of their bullshit. Which left me with just the default equipment these little scooters we ride called a movexx.

They use big brick Lithium Ion batteries that typically have to be changed from 0 to 2 times per shift. Well on Sunday I kept having to swap my battery out and was about to tell management I think the battery housing is FUBAR on this one. Well somewhere in the process of changing the battery the third time the equipment, battery, or battery stand shocked the fucking shit out of me.

I was literally wandering around disoriented and slurring my words and shit for HOURS. First they told me to walk it off and see how I felt after lunch. Then when I tell them an hour later hey guys I'm still very disoriented I'm going to the ER, they say you CAN'T unless you go through all our corporate paperwork first, or the bills on you. Made me wait while they filled out forms and had an epic long call with their nurses line. I'm in zombie mode the whole time with multiple coworkers noticing I'm fucked up and urging me to force them to let me see a doctor.

Finally over 3 hours later their nurse on the phone says because I have a heart condition and am complaining of dizziness and chest pain they HAVE to call an ambulance. Then even more waiting while they fucked around doing whatever. Ambulance gets there and checks my vitals, gets the story, and says why the fuck are we just NOW checking you out?

At this point I'm finally not a confused toddler anymore, so after getting my vitals checked I refuse the hospital ride and have my friend drive me home. Come to work the next day and these FUCKERS have the absolute nerve to tell everyone at the daily meeting that it's MY FUCKING FAULT I got shocked. Corporate shills with no concept that properly grounded equipment doesn't electrocute people. No paid time off or anything to recuperate. Not a fuck given about my health. And no effort to fix the root issue that could have killed me.

So yeah..... fuck them.

How many volts is the battery?

No I never have, and no I never would having dealt with OSHA quite a bit.

The company I work for has proper channels to allow people to report safety issues. We take safety extremely serious, and if something gets reported it gets looked into almost immediately and gets taken care of ASAP.

If for some reason you wanted to really go up the chain of command, there is a hotline you can call anonymously and file a safety complaint that would go to our corporate office.

I've fallen off a roof, got splashed in the eye with draino, and expose myself to silica dust and asbestos fibres on the daily. I've even lied about work-accidents to avoid dealing with OSH. So you got a bit of a zap? Harden up, mate.

I'm hoping they at least scare them. It's a large industrial warehouse with various electrical PIT equipment we use to haul shit around. I'd already turned in all my special equipment licenses because I was just sick of their bullshit. Which left me with just the default equipment these little scooters we ride called a movexx.

They use big brick Lithium Ion batteries that typically have to be changed from 0 to 2 times per shift. Well on Sunday I kept having to swap my battery out and was about to tell management I think the battery housing is FUBAR on this one. Well somewhere in the process of changing the battery the third time the equipment, battery, or battery stand shocked the fucking shit out of me.

I was literally wandering around disoriented and slurring my words and shit for HOURS. First they told me to walk it off and see how I felt after lunch. Then when I tell them an hour later hey guys I'm still very disoriented I'm going to the ER, they say you CAN'T unless you go through all our corporate paperwork first, or the bills on you. Made me wait while they filled out forms and had an epic long call with their nurses line. I'm in zombie mode the whole time with multiple coworkers noticing I'm fucked up and urging me to force them to let me see a doctor.

Finally over 3 hours later their nurse on the phone says because I have a heart condition and am complaining of dizziness and chest pain they HAVE to call an ambulance. Then even more waiting while they fucked around doing whatever. Ambulance gets there and checks my vitals, gets the story, and says why the fuck are we just NOW checking you out?

At this point I'm finally not a confused toddler anymore, so after getting my vitals checked I refuse the hospital ride and have my friend drive me home. Come to work the next day and these FUCKERS have the absolute nerve to tell everyone at the daily meeting that it's MY FUCKING FAULT I got shocked. Corporate shills with no concept that properly grounded equipment doesn't electrocute people. No paid time off or anything to recuperate. Not a fuck given about my health. And no effort to fix the root issue that could have killed me.

So yeah..... fuck them.

Are you familiar with a personal injury attorney? You should be .

I've fallen off a roof, got splashed in the eye with draino, and expose myself to silica dust and asbestos fibres on the daily. I've even lied about work-accidents to avoid dealing with OSH. So you got a bit of a zap? Harden up, mate.

Enjoy disability.

Lol. Your company seems like they’re operating with legal guidelines via 1905. There are guys at my company that have gotten million dollar settlements for less aggregious things. I wouldn’t worry too much about them fucking with you. I’d bet they are too busy trying to figure out how to keep the place open after OSHA has a field day on em.

Yeah you're right I should just get hurt on a whim whenever, and let them put the blame on me.without fixing the safety hazard. Every time I touch anything electric I should touch up my will first. All of this seems reasonable

<LikeReally5>

Are you familiar with a personal injury attorney? You should be .
I haven't had a chance to talk to a lawyer yet, but will be calling around to schedule a consultation and see what my options are.

How many volts is the battery?
Not sure tbh. And I don't know if it was the battery or the charging station that zapped me. I lost a bit of time after the i initial shock, and my memory right around the incident is hazy. The charging station holds 4 batteries. They've been complaining people are handling the batteries too roughly when placing them on the chargers.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the station itself that shocked me. Their preventative maintenance is practically nil. They habe an inhouse maintenance staff that are essentially dropout carnies.

If I remember right if the problem is serious enough, they have to come out between 1-7 days.

You know what? I will. And I'll sleep good at night knowing my integrity is still intact.
Lol at integrity you shill. I work for a multi million dollar operation where they have environmental hazards everywhere. And when people get hurt they make every effort to blame the employees and hardly ever fix the root cause. I have a fucking arrhythmia and getting shocked like that could kill me.

Lol at integrity you shill. I work for a multi million dollar operation where they have environmental hazards everywhere. And when people get hurt they make every effort to blame the employees and hardly ever fix the root cause. I have a fucking arrhythmia and getting shocked like that could kill me.

You work for DuPont don’t you

Back