Ever cried in front of your boss?

DasentMater

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Have been so frustrated with a team leader that I thought about choking him out there and then. Kept getting under my skin because I believe he's singling me out at work.

I never entertained the idea of talking to him one on one because like what I've said, I would surely end up punching his face or choking him out, so everyday I vent my frustrations on the bag until I have no energy left. I needed my work and can't afford to lose it just because of one man.

Til today, when the boss finally had a close door meeting with me and asked what's wrong. Due to frustrations bottled for weeks inside me that I can't get out, I just started crying like a boy for a minute:redface:, geezz, talk about one of my embarrassing moments of my life. The boss was cool, he offered to listen if ever I can't resolve my issues at work.

Thanked him and went to bathroom punching my torso and solar plexus until I can't take it anymore due to that embarrassing moment.

Sorry for the long story, I just don't have anyone to tell this embarrassing story and I thought about you fellow unknown grapplers.

Has something similar happened to you too, crying in front of someone instead of hurting another person?

No, but it sounds like he was pretty cool about it. Just the same I'd avoid doing so again at all costs.

No, I'm not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No, I don't cry unless other people are crying or my hormones are out of whack.

Have you looked into securing another job? If this guy isn't going anywhere maybe it's better in the long-term to find another job.

U sound a little unstable....can you be,more specific on how the guy is singling u out?

U sound a little unstable....

i think so too, lately i've been punching concrete walls and anything I could get my fist on to release my frustration, I just don't want to hurt the guy coz he's not the fighter type, just a big soft man, don't want to spend time on assault charges, and lose my job.

Why is this here? Are you seeking advice on how best to grapple while crying, or what?

Fuck it.

1) Secure double underhooks.

2) Eskimo kisses.

You need to go see a medical professional. That isn't healthy behavior. You might need help. Seriously, go talk to your doc.

Why is this in the grappling forum? Do you work at a BJJ gym?

Dude, either get help or another job. That is no way to go through life.

You needa figure something out cuz ur unstable as shit. Professional help might be a real option here

People get on me at work sometimes I dont let it gt to me. If they cant just tell you flat out what needs to be done and feel the need to single you out and vent on you it really says a lot about their own emptiness as a person. Just shrug it of, do work and enjoy your day, its not worth getting frustrated and losing sleep over.

It sounds like you feel as though you are being bullied. That's no good.

In the adult world, there is often no one to resolve bullying issues, other than you. Your reaction is not as bizarre as you'd think. You want to physically resolve the issues, you don't have the social skills to resolve them, and the emotion just boils over. You feel like you are in a corner, and you don't know how to get out.

These guys are right. You need to seek professional help. Someone to help you learn how to assert yourself to resolve the bullying (or at least gain the perspective needed to determine whether or not you are actually being bullied or not), and gain the social skills needed to address your issues, without becoming physical.

Back