Ever been kicked during a flying armbar?

ZeMino

Blue Belt
Reaction score
man, there's this guy in the gym that keeps kicking my head everytime he attempts a flying armbar... Im always on the verge of getting ko'd...now I know how all of cro cops opponents feel like after a fight...

does this ever happen to you guys? or have you guys done this?

I just kicked one of my classmates in the lip last thursday while going for one. Its a pretty rare thing, and I appologized profusely. I was thinking about how that would be a great setup for any armbar in mma, similar to the way Ivan Salivary kicked Joseph Riggs as he pulled him into the triangle from open guard at the recent UFC.

ZeMino said:
man, there's this guy in the gym that keeps kicking my head everytime he attempts a flying armbar... Im always on the verge of getting ko'd...now I know how all of cro cops opponents feel like after a fight...

does this ever happen to you guys? or have you guys done this?

I haven't been kicked in a flying armbar, but I've been kicked in the face from regluar armbars more times than I care to remember...

i kneed myself in nose once going for a triangle. basicly the guy forced my legs forward and my knee went into my face. man that was bad

elbow to the face when someone goes for a kimura = pain. :icon_lol:

Being kicked or elbowed when someone goes for an armbar is just part of the game.

I saw someone get a black eye from a flying armbar attempt.
Nobody wanted to roll with the guy who did it for a week.

Gsoares2 said:
Being kicked or elbowed when someone goes for an armbar is just part of the game.

not one you start seeing stars...

most of the guys i grapple with usally kick me when they get an armbar..one time i was getting a Heel hook and we rolled and i kicked my partner in the chin by acident i guess it just happens but you get used to it

i havent been kicked but i kicked someone once doing it, makes a nice noise.

I got hit right under the eye with a heel when a dude was going for an armbar... walked around with a black eye for a week, :)

yeh armbars are the worst especially that one where you start from the butterfly guard and you finish with your back in the air

you can get really hurt doing this move

Back