Event Horizon(1997 film)

Honestly when I think of of Sci Fi Horror, Event Horizon comes to mind.

The set design and depiction of hell is unbelievably terrifying. Very good horror film.

There was another movie, following sort of the same premise that came out around the same time that I saw a couple times on showtime, that I can’t remeber the name of and have never seen again that I thought was better.

But i do really like event horizon.

Anyone know what other movie I’m talking about??

There was another movie, following sort of the same premise that came out around the same time that I saw a couple times on showtime, that I can’t remeber the name of and have never seen again that I thought was better.

Sphere or Solaris maybe?

Yeah the death orgy was pretty much the moment that did it. I think I saw a DVD extra where they mentioned filming a ton more footage of the orgy and hell but they had to chop it the fuck out. What footage was left in the film is still seared into my brain forever. Wouldn't surprise me if they had DDL playing Satan. They probably cut all his scenes so they wouldn't have to pay him.

Danial Day Lewis' fee wasn't the problem. It was when he told the director and producer he planned to summon up Satan himself to help prepare for the role that he was cut;)

great movie! I watched it a few times back when.

It's pretty amazing and has been ripped off several times since.

I also loved Captain Miller’s (Fishburne)no nosense attitude. Once he saw the video log, he said they were leaving. His face filled with disgust.

screen-shot-2015-02-27-at-6-39-15-pm.png
And this gold line of dialogue.

Captain Miller: I have no intention of leaving her, Doctor. I will take the Lewis and Clark to a safe distance, and then I will launch TAC missiles at the Event Horizon until I'm satisfied she's vaporized. Fuck this ship!

B005DNO76W_eventhorizon_UXPA1._V143581242_RI_SX940_.jpg

Sci-fi space horror starring Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neil. Interesting plot but the production and editing was rushed leaving more to be desired.

Basic plot:
  • Starship the Event Horizon travels through a black hole warp and disappears around Neptune.
  • It reappears 7 years later sending a distress signal.
  • Cpt Miller and his crew along with Dr Wier, who designed the Event Horizon, go to investigate.
  • The ship brought something back with it. From another dimension...

Flopped in the box office but has gained a small cult following.

Imagery is creepy and and characters are likeable for the most part.

event-horizon1.jpg

“Where we're going... we don't need eyes to see!”

Anybody else seen it? Did you enjoy it or hate it?

Discuss...

Saw it It during summer while in high school.

Thought it was pretty badass even if somewhat of a cheap film.

My fave was them trying to translate the recording and the woman chasing her son and falling to her death.

Also still wanna know if you can survive space by exhaling all the air out of your lungs lol

Space colonists story? Pandemonium.

?

I remember the audio recording they find haunting me for days when I was a kid.

Haunting is the best word I can think of for this movie. Stayed with me for a few days after I watched it. Great flick.

Sunshine, maybe?

Though I think that was several years later.

Pandorum

Had Cung Le in it.

Back