Even with his win over Brown,can Cerrone be a force at WW

Kriegsboy

I’m the greatest!
@Yellow
Reaction score
U know what,he's good but I think a guy like Rory or Hendricks or Condit would fuckin knock him out.And not too mention GSP or Woodley would beat him too.Do you think that even with that win over Brown that he could be a challenger?

If Hendricks wins which I think he will I would the shit of this fight but Cerrone is losing his next fight. He is fighting a dude with good boxing who has been looking great in his last few fights.

As much as he's been surprisingly good at 170, I don't see him getting past guys like Condit, Thompson and Woodley.

There's also that little issue that makes Cerrone and the belt seem to be like magnetic poles.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Cerrones entire career has been a cycle of looking great against the top 6-10 guys and then getting punked by the top 3/4 guys in the division, rinse and repeat!

I wasn't convinced before Brown but I'm kind of convinced now, considering he finished Brown when Lawler and Hendricks didn't I think he can be a threat to the top guys... not guaranteed to beat any of them of course but not to be looked past either.

Probably not...

He can take some guys but not the elite at Welterweight...

I wasn't convinced before Brown but I'm kind of convinced now, considering he finished Brown when Lawler and Hendricks didn't I think he can be a threat to the top guys... not guaranteed to beat any of them of course but not to be looked past either.

He always looks good against mid tier guy, but chokes against the top guys or pressure boxer. Game Bred is going to make Cerrone look bad.

As much as he's been surprisingly good at 170, I don't see him getting past guys like Condit, Thompson and Woodley.

There's also that little issue that makes Cerrone and the belt seem to be like magnetic poles.

I bet he matches up okay with all three of them (save maybe Thompson?)...but especially with Condit. I think he matches up with Carlos because they've gotta have a LOT of sparring rounds in the books. If Donald didn't think he stood a chance Vs. Condit or his ilk, I don't think he moves up in the first place. Hell...I bet his history with Carlos helped make the decision...from a confidence standpoint.

He always looks good against mid tier guy, but chokes against the top guys or pressure boxer. Game Bred is going to make Cerrone look bad.
Not every time, he's beaten Bendo, Barboza and Alvarez who are solid guys.

To be fair, that is more of an opportunity thing more than Lawler and Hendricks not being able to do it.

In all honesty though, I think that Cerrone could beat Condit and Hendricks. I could see Lawler giving him trouble but I don't think that it's unreasonable that Cerrone could win, seeing as Lawler has arguably lost every one of his most recent decisions bar Brown, depending on how you look at the fights (though I don't necessarily agree)

That being said, would he even fight Condit? Do they not still train together?

Game bred has a slow start history too.

I think coyboy stops him. Then takes on Mia

I bet he matches up okay with all three of them (save maybe Thompson?)...but especially with Condit. I think he matches up with Carlos because they've gotta have a LOT of sparring rounds in the books. If Donald didn't think he stood a chance Vs. Condit or his ilk, I don't think he moves up in the first place. Hell...I bet his history with Carlos helped make the decision...from a confidence standpoint.

Well, I don't really see Cerrone beating Carlos, but who knows? You may be right.

Fact is, this fight would be fucking SICK.

<5><{JustBleed}>{<Mcgoat}

To be fair, that is more of an opportunity thing more than Lawler and Hendricks not being able to do it.

In all honesty though, I think that Cerrone could beat Condit and Hendricks. I could see Lawler giving him trouble but I don't think that it's unreasonable that Cerrone could win, seeing as Lawler has arguably lost every one of his most recent decisions bar Brown, depending on how you look at the fights (though I don't necessarily agree)

That being said, would he even fight Condit? Do they not still train together?
I kind of feel like a Hendricks in good form would be a harder matchup for the Cowman than Lawler since he could take him down, but that's assuming we ever see Johny in good form again.

My thoughts as well. I've been really impressed and a little surprised at how he's done at ww. But I just can't see him beating the best of the division.

People actually think Cerrone is going to lose to Masvidal? LOL!

Not every time, he's beaten Bendo, Barboza and Alvarez who are solid guys.

He lost that fight against Benson, Alvarez hadn't fought for over a year because of the injunction between Bjorn against the UFC and it was his first fight in the UFC, Barboza wasn't as good as he is now, it would be a closer fight if they fought again IMO.

He lost that fight against Benson, Alvarez hadn't fought for over a year because of the injunction between Bjorn against the UFC and it was his first fight in the UFC, Barboza wasn't as good as he is now, it would be a closer fight if they fought again IMO.
It was at least a close fight that he didn't blatantly choke in lol.

Back